Bomb threat on Carnival Sensation

The last time this happened, it was some homesick teenager who wrecked a cruise for everyone else. Hope they throw the guy under the bus. This could happen to ANY line and thanks for posting.

Go to the Orlando Sentinel website. The guy was drinking a little too much, from Virigina, arrested and has since bailed out. Too bad he couldn't stay in a Florida jail until his trial.

Go to the Orlando Sentinel website. The guy was drinking a little too much, from Virigina, arrested and has since bailed out. Too bad he couldn't stay in a Florida jail until his trial.

What a knucklehead. I agree, let him rot in jail for a few days and he will not be so quick to do such a stupid thing. That kind of joke is NO longer remotely funny. Bet he never gets invited back to ANY cruise ship. If they have a black list, I hope his name is on it. :mad:

What a knucklehead. I agree, let him rot in jail for a few days and he will not be so quick to do such a stupid thing. That kind of joke is NO longer remotely funny. Bet he never gets invited back to ANY cruise ship. If they have a black list, I hope his name is on it. :mad:

I agree about the blacklist. If only all cruiselines (Carnival, RCL, Norwegian, Holland, etc) could share a list of passengers name that should not be cruising, it would make for a perfect cruise world. The bad thing is that Carnival and all her other lines can blacklist him but that does not prevent him from sailing on RCL one day. And I shutter to think that I could be on the same ship one day as this nut case.

I'm thinking this dumba** was really lucky he didn't make that remark within earshot of someone who decided he meant he was wearing a suicide vest and decided to throw him over the rail for safeties sake! Although that would possibly dissuade the next dumba** from making the same threat. Thankfully it was just a drunken dumba** and not a real threat though and good that the ship/line/authorities handled it well.

I agree about the blacklist. If only all cruiselines (Carnival, RCL, Norwegian, Holland, etc) could share a list of passengers name that should not be cruising, it would make for a perfect cruise world. The bad thing is that Carnival and all her other lines can blacklist him but that does not prevent him from sailing on RCL one day. And I shutter to think that I could be on the same ship one day as this nut case.

Seeing as his name has been all over the news, maybe the other lines will put him on a "do not board" list.

What a story for someone's spring break cruise!

Perhaps...or maybe not...

For those of us in Bali when the nightclub was bombed I will say it can really be a story...but it can also be really stressful for some. DW was totally flipped out...personally I figured not gonna happen 2x in a week so we stayed low and stayed the rest of our trip...well we did have to fly out a day early due to revised flight schedules since most tourists were gone in the first couple of days..

so...if someone was on the trip who eneded up with a panic attack over the situation or missed flights etc...causing stress and costing money...I am not sure those folks would be happy about the story.

The person who thought the prank was funny really needs to get a life, or get his a** kicked good and hard by some rough and touch lady to make him learn his lesson.

Perhaps...or maybe not...

For those of us in Bali when the nightclub was bombed I will say it can really be a story...but it can also be really stressful for some. DW was totally flipped out...personally I figured not gonna happen 2x in a week so we stayed low and stayed the rest of our trip...well we did have to fly out a day early due to revised flight schedules since most tourists were gone in the first couple of days..

so...if someone was on the trip who eneded up with a panic attack over the situation or missed flights etc...causing stress and costing money...I am not sure those folks would be happy about the story.

The person who thought the prank was funny really needs to get a life, or get his a** kicked good and hard by some rough and touch lady to make him learn his lesson.

Sorry, I did not mean this in a positive way at all! I agree with you that whoever called in the prank should be punished very harshly to send a message that it is in no way a good idea to do this. I simply meant that people will be talking about their cruise for the rest of their lives and how it was changed by the threat.

Archived