Miami overnight/hotel/parking/shuttle

luckycruzer

did search..nada.. We will be going a day early to Miami. Looking for best deal, and convienence near Miami Cruise port, parking and including shuttle.. possible conny b'fast...any info welcome...Thanx, lucky

Did you try the 'florida departures' board? Lots of info there http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=495

If you are looking for a hotel deal I would try hotwire or priceline. As for shuttles to the port - if you are staying in the downtown area - no shuttles but cab ride to the port is very fast and inexpensive. If you choose to stay near the airport you will need to pay for a shuttle or cab.

Flat rate from miami airport is approx $24 but is metered from airport hotels.

shuttle to and from the pier.. not park at the pier, as we are driving in the day b4

If this is the case you would be best off looking for something in the MIA airport area.....I believe some of them may have park and cruise packages - not sure about a free shuttle tho - may be a nominal charge! ( or again maybe SAS can get you from hotel to port for a cheaper rate? - worth a try!)

Have fun :D

did search..nada.. We will be going a day early to Miami. Looking for best deal, and convienence near Miami Cruise port, parking and including shuttle.. possible conny b'fast...any info welcome...Thanx, lucky

Did you try Expedia? I found my flights, room, and car when I needed it. I found a hotel with shuttle back to the airport for Carnival transfers.

A few years ago we drove to Miami (in a rental car), and stayed at the LaQuinta Hotel. We were able to leave the car in the hotel lot for free for up to 14 days. They also had a free shuttle to the pier the next morning and they also had a free continental breakfast. It was pretty decent. The only thing we had to do was get a cab back to the hotel on the return. Their prices are pretty reasonable too. If you are wondering why we took a arental car, well we drove to Miami from New Jersey. We found out it was cheaper to rent the car for the week and leave it in the parking lot of the hotel, rather than to give it in in Fl and then re-rent for the return trip.

If this is the case you would be best off looking for something in the MIA airport area.....I believe some of them may have park and cruise packages - not sure about a free shuttle tho - may be a nominal charge! ( or again maybe SAS can get you from hotel to port for a cheaper rate? - worth a try!)

Have fun :D

SAS would not be able to help in this case since one end of the trip would have to be to/from FLL.

Bill

from Jacksonville the day befor sailing..we dont need air, or a car..just a hotel with FREEEE parking, and FREEEE or almost FREEEE shuttle to ship

luckycruzer, please use the "Search this forum" function on the main Florida Departures page (right hand side, about middle of the page). It does work. This is discussed almost on a daily basis here. There are dozens, if not hundreds of threads about exactly what you are looking for. No offense intended - the info is here is you just spend a few minutes looking for it.

We are doing the LaQuinta in a couple weeks. I know some on here give it low reviews. But we are only there for one night and as long as its clean, its ok for us. We are cruising with 10 women, most coming in on different flights and at different times, most we use the free shuttle from the Miami airport to the hotel. But a couple of us will be flying into FLL and renting a car and driving to Miami. We also found it was cheaper to rent the car for the whole time we are gone and let it parked, then to return the rental car before and after cruise. Also cheaper than the shuttles.

luckycruzer, please use the "Search this forum" function on the main Florida Departures page (right hand side, about middle of the page). It does work. This is discussed almost on a daily basis here. There are dozens, if not hundreds of threads about exactly what you are looking for. No offense intended - the info is here is you just spend a few minutes looking for it.

just not the exact nfo I needed.. I AM a searcher FYI..I have NOT done the drive /park/ hotel/shuttle in MIA b4..and needed qwiki info, befor I left town. I am not one to beat a dead horse..H-A-N-D :)

We stayed at the La Quinta on Lejeune near the airport about 2 weeks ago. It cost around a $100 a night including free breakfast, free transport to the ship, and free parking during our cruise (we called the hotel directly to book our reservation). The room was clean, the staff helpful. When we stepped off the ship into the cab area, we were offered a ride on the airport shuttle which stopped to drop us off at the La Quinta prior to dropping others off at the airport - cost $20 for 2 people. It worked out great!

Archived