The Liquor Answer

Jerry and Shelly

Instead of trying to figure out how to smuggle liquor onto the cruise ship, or instead of complaining that you can't take liquor onto the cruise ship, I have the perfect answer for you: Don't take a cruise! Try an all-inclusive resort. We have been on 7 cruises and are booked for our eighth, and have been to 2 all-inclusives. We enjoy cruises more, but the change-of-pace at an all-inclusive is quite enjoyable. And you can drink all you want around the clock for no extra charge. Plus there are lots of different locations in a multitude of countries and islands where you can take excursions to explore the area, and there are all types of all-inclusives ranging from family to adults only, to lifestyle.

We are booked on the Solstice and plan on taking two bottles of wine as allowed. Do the staterooms have a corkscrew, or do you need to bring your own?

Instead of trying to figure out how to smuggle liquor onto the cruise ship, or instead of complaining that you can't take liquor onto the cruise ship, I have the perfect answer for you: Don't take a cruise! Try an all-inclusive resort. We have been on 7 cruises and are booked for our eighth, and have been to 2 all-inclusives. We enjoy cruises more, but the change-of-pace at an all-inclusive is quite enjoyable. And you can drink all you want around the clock for no extra charge. Plus there are lots of different locations in a multitude of countries and islands where you can take excursions to explore the area, and there are all types of all-inclusives ranging from family to adults only, to lifestyle.

We are booked on the Solstice and plan on taking two bottles of wine as allowed. Do the staterooms have a corkscrew, or do you need to bring your own?

Agree. We do AI's when in the mood for total R&R.

You can ask your stateroom attendant and he will happily give you a corkscrew. Usually just a cheapie, but it does the job. ;) Some people pack their own.

Instead of trying to figure out how to smuggle liquor onto the cruise ship, or instead of complaining that you can't take liquor onto the cruise ship, I have the perfect answer for you: Don't take a cruise!

Why even start ANOTHER thread? :rolleyes:

I've only been to one AI and it was pretty nice... but it was the absolute WORST alcohol I've ever tasted. Wine tasted like salad dressing and virtually all the liquor was really, really watered down. Beer was ok, but I don't drink beer, so... Granted, they are not all like that, but they are somewhat notorious for it... SO... while I support the AI concept in general, not so sure if it's really for hard core drinkers!

That being said... it's quite permissible to have a well stocked hotel room virtually anywhere. And I think Celebrity's drink packages are somewhat competitive for those who really want to do it up.

Or cruise on Crystal, where their $1000 per person on board credit would provide more than enough liquor for any couple.

Another is to go on Silversea, Seabourn or Regent where all liquor is included, even the good stuff.

Or cruise on Crystal, where their $1000 per person on board credit would provide more than enough liquor for any couple.....

Hmmmm.... I think we either drink more than you do or at least spend more on other things.

A great all-inclusive is Iberostar Grand in Playa del Carmen - small (310 suites), adults only, beach butlers, suite butler, you name it. The liquor was top shelf, but the wine selections were mediocre. I called it a "land cruise"!

Archived