CCL stockholder promotions

ho

I'm crushed. May your next cruise depart late, be filled with screaming children, run out of refreshing beverages, fill your cabin with noxious fumes and have a giant flash promo just before final payment.

But please, for the sake of my stock, make sure it's a Carnival brand.

I'm crushed. May your next cruise depart late, be filled with screaming children, run out of refreshing beverages, fill your cabin with noxious fumes and have a giant flash promo just before final payment.

LOL :)

My parents taught me that where ignorance is bliss it is folly to be wise.

I'm crushed. May your next cruise depart late,

No biggie. Just so they feed me.

be filled with screaming children,

Ear plugs

run out of refreshing beverages,

I bring my own ;)

fill your cabin with noxious fumes

You mean those smokers next door?

and have a giant flash promo just before final payment.

It's happened before. And after. :mad:

Absolutely.

Can we combine OBC with other discounts, such as booking on a cruise discount?

Yes, on Princess. You can get FCC credit, TA credit, Princess promotion credit and CCL shareholder credit.

I can't tell you about the other CCL products.

Knitting:

Yes; it combines with most forms of OBC - the exception can be some Princess-sponsored OBC offers, but those for booking onboard, the Princess Visa Card, Travel Agent-supplied and purchased all stack.

There's a series of pedantic posts by a know-it-all smart-aleck at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1018502

The details for 2010 are effectively unchanged.

Knitting:

Yes; it combines with most forms of OBC - the exception can be some Princess-sponsored OBC offers, but those for booking onboard, the Princess Visa Card, Travel Agent-supplied and purchased all stack.

There's a series of pedantic posts by a know-it-all smart-aleck at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1018502

The details for 2010 are effectively unchanged.

Hmmmmmmmmmm......... I wonder to whom you refer. :rolleyes:

Well, I did plan to buy CCL and keep it for a while then I realize its price is at hight point now. The reason I asked is because if case the stock falls (you never know, right?), and you have to execute exit strategy, do I still get to keep the OBC?

Can the CCL shares be used more than once if you have more than one cruise booked on CCL lines in one year? We have one booked in July and one in November and would love to use it for both. We bought it early February this year. Gone up about 8 bucks per share already and we got the 10 cent divvy. Dividend.

I had heard from someone (a pessimist no doubt) that it can only be used once per year and now I question that.

Can anyway please let me know if we can be greedy and use it twice this year? Different cruises, different cruise lines - HAL & Princess.

Can the CCL shares be used more than once if you have more than one cruise booked on CCL lines in one year?

Can anyway please let me know if we can be greedy and use it twice this year? Different cruises, different cruise lines - HAL & Princess.

The sharholder benefit can be used on every cruise you take on Carnival Corp. owned lines, and Carnival Corp. (as well as all the stockholders) would like it if you cruised fifty two weeks a year, getting the OBC every cruise.

You will need to submit proof of ownership to the designated rep on each line after final payment but before you sail. Proof of ownership is a copy the most recent monthly statement showing ownership or, if you just purchased the stock, a copy of the purchase confirmation.

Well, I did plan to buy CCL and keep it for a while then I realize its price is at hight point now. The reason I asked is because if case the stock falls (you never know, right?), and you have to execute exit strategy, do I still get to keep the OBC?

If the credit is on the booking, you get to keep it, regardless of what you do with the stock. If you cancel and rebook with a new booking number, you'll lose it and will need to present proof of ownership for credit on the new booking.

E

As long as you own the stock when your request for the OBC is processed, you get the OBC. Once the OBC is put on you cruise record, you could sell and still get the OBC.

Can the CCL shares be used more than once if you have more than one cruise booked on CCL lines in one year? We have one booked in July and one in November and would love to use it for both. We bought it early February this year. Gone up about 8 bucks per share already and we got the 10 cent divvy. Dividend.

I had heard from someone (a pessimist no doubt) that it can only be used once per year and now I question that.

Yes, it can be used for each cruise. We took a b2b TA last summer and got the $250 OBC each way. For b2b's, you must book as two cruises to get two OBC.

Last year I got $1100; this year I will get $1150. That is of course if I don't book anymore cruises for 2010. You can use it on every cruise no matter how many you take per year.

Stock is offered and sold to provide operating capitol for a company as well as providing a profitable investment for the shareholder. If one buys stock and sells within a 24 hour period it does not provide a sustained operating capitol for the company and usually costs the investor, other than the OBC. If and when everyone starts doing this CCL will take the OBC perk away.

So, is it dishonest, No. Is it cheap and self defeating, Yes.

Stock is offered and sold to provide operating capitol for a company as well as providing a profitable investment for the shareholder. If one buys stock and sells within a 24 hour period it does not provide a sustained operating capitol for the company and usually costs the investor, other than the OBC. If and when everyone starts doing this CCL will take the OBC perk away.

So, is it dishonest, No. Is it cheap and self defeating, Yes.

If I purchase 100 shares of CCL today, the company does not receive even one penny from the transaction and if I sell 100 chares, it does not cost the company even one penny.

Where does your $4000 go to then???

This is a simplified explanation.

When a company like Carnival Corporation decides it want its shares to be traded on the stock market, they issue a large number of shares and sell them as part of an initial public offering (IPO). Carnival get most of the proceeds from the IPO.

After that shares are bought and sold by individuals (like us), banks, insurance companies, mutual funds, etc. Carnival is not normally involved in these transactions. So, if I place an order to sell 100 shares of CCL at $39 a share the people the manage the market look for an offer to buy 100 shares of CCL at $39. If they find one these orders are match and I get the $3900 minus the commission charge by my broker. The purchasor pays $3900 plus the commission charged by his or their broker.

Carnival receives nothing from me (the seller), the purchasor, or the brokers.

Then there is no reason for companies to have stock or even have a stock market!! Maybe this would fix our economy. You should suggest this to Bernanke.

How do you think Carnival and other companies raised the captial needed to buy things? Often it is thru stock offerings. If there was no stock market, then no one would buy shares at the IPO or any subsequent offering. Do you think employees would be happy to get stock options if there was no way to see the stock? Of course not.

Archived