arghhhhhh early saver

spongiebob

I have followed several threads on this topic. And I have followed someone's detailed advice on looking up the possible price fluctuations. My question is...do I just check early saver since that is what we booked under? Our cruise is next March.

Thanks to anyone who help me with this!!

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates.

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com . In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out, such that no Name or Past Guest ID info is displayed when you visit carnival.com.

ken

Ken, you are the one who posted the way it should be done! I have been following your directions! Thanks for clarifying for me.

Your the best.

Thanks!!! Were the directions confusing????

Burt most important, Have you found a Price Drop yet??

ken

Not confusing at all, once I read them back. I think with all the posts re: Early Saver, I got confused. :p But now I have this bookmarked. No, there have not been any changes in my price, but I am checking every day, a few times. Nothing is going to slip by me!!

Thanks again!!

ok finally everything solved. It seems like they're having an issue with some of the website submissions not going through because their inbox gets full especially during weekends. It seems like you should get an email confirmation when you fill out the form instantly, and some of the times i filled it out it didn';t give me one.

We got $120 OBC(we had booked a porthold, found PT>4J rate however the rate is now gone from their site since the cruise is sold out), and my inlaws got $220 for a senior rate that i found(they had booked a PT also, found an IS senior rate. We had both booked a porthole cabin. My parents got also $120 OBC(found a 4A>4J rate for florida residents) and the rep said they could have gotten an upgrade free but since the cruise is sold out then nothing he could do.

My best advice guys> Save the webpage when you find the rates with the fare codes and all , i just clicked file save page as web page, then printed out the page too. At the end i had to end up faxing all these to the carnival rep so that our rates could be adjusted, it makes life easier too. if you haven't heard after a few days just call and inquire.

And one more thing, after your OBC is added, the page on your cruise docs that has the balance you paid changes to reflect your OnboardCredit so it's a good idea to print that page out. I also asked them to email me a confirmation which they did right away

Happy travels everyone! :)

yea my inlaws qualified for the senior rate even though the rate was for inside guarantee and they had booked a porthole cabin.

Hi,

I received 260 onboard credit for my "Miracle" sailing:D

This was the senior rate people have been complaining about....not me:D

Mom qualifies:D

K:D

As long as you booked early saver, whenever the category that you paid for (whether it's 4F or 6B or whichever) drops in price to lower than what you paid you can apply and get onboard credit, and if you see a category higher than the one you paid for for the same or lower price than what you paid you can upgrade too.

You may just want to wait longer to see if the prices drop to below what you paid for it and you might end up with a free upgrade

and btw the rep said the forms might take up to 4 days to hear back from carnival since they have a large volume of requests

Okay quick question... I looked up rates today and the early saver rate is gone now and each category has an upgrade arrow feature but that rate is higher than what I paid... if you want that upgrade you would have to pay the difference?

Why would the prices go down on interior, view, but not on the Balcony cabins?? Just got my dander all fluffed! :rolleyes:

Maybe they have more inside and OVs that they need to push to get booked and not having trouble on that cruise booking up the balconys.

supply and demand.

yea my inlaws qualified for the senior rate even though the rate was for inside guarantee and they had booked a porthole cabin.

Not usually true, they got lucky. Iv been denied the same and I was booked lower than your inlaws, I was in a 1A and they said all assigned cabins are higher categories than IS.

The fact that you got it kinda burns me that they allow it for some (even if by mistake) and not for others.

Shows its true, put in for it ... no matter if its legit or not.

I wish Carnival would do away with the Early Saver and go back to Military rates...EVEN if NO reductions after Final Payment. I mean they have to fill the ship and cut rates after that if WE are to continue sailing at an affordable rate. I booked with ES...then had to cancel when I found out my first grandchild would be born two months earlier..and I am the Daycare planned. And I would not have it any other way...I am thrilled. But...it cost a $$$ to cancel...then I had to fight like a dog to get all of my depoist left..which was $900! At first ..I lost #500 of that. Even though I put o$800 on the first cruise I could find with Carnival before the birth..and was not in the Summer. It took only one and 1/2 days to book on the Dream in May. I did my depoist..minus fees for cancelling..moved it there.and nothing but arguing for a week. THEN...how am I booked? Early Saver? because depoist is ES..or Past Passenger.?.because there was no ES when I booked..too close to sailing..or Military?..when I booked because we are.So most Carnival reps think..PP. OK...AND I WILL NEVER BOOK ES AGAIN. I love Carnival. We recieved a good rate. We recieved good upgrades. Yet I was so mad at them over not getting an OBC credit I thought I deserved...it was ruining all of the good things. STUPID ME. NO more ES. EVER. You cannot read the future..I hope to sail on Carnival many more times..and to keep on Loving them..and being able to tell my friends and family how much we enjoy the far too few cruises we are able to take!!! ES...the devil is in the details...which are hard to understand.

Your computer may vary, but with my right hand I hit ctrl and alt and with my left hand hit the print screen button.

What happens if you use your left hand on ctrl and alt and hit printscreen with your right hand? :D

Also, know that the ctrl key is unnecessary. Hitting just the printscreen key will capture your entire desktop while alt-printscreen gets just the active window. You can add the ctrl key to either with no effect.

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates.

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com . In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out, such that no Name or Past Guest ID info is displayed when you visit carnival.com.

ken

TOTALLY NOT TRUE. TOTALLY. I BATTLED OVER THIS FOR A WEEK..WE LIVE IN FLORIDA...ARE RETIRED MILITARY..PAST PASSENGERS ( THIS IS OUR EIGHTH ON CARNIVAL) WAS BOUND BY ES BECAUSE DEPOIST WAS MOVED TO DREAM...BUT CATEGORY WAS PP...NO MILITARY OR SENIOR DISCOUNTS WERE CREDITIED. And I got a good rate with PP...received upgrades within category..Happy as a Toad to be sailing soon..BUT THIS INFORMATION IS NOT TRUE. PERIOD. OR NOT KNOWN BY A LOT OF CARNIVAL REPS ..INCLUDING GUEST SERVICES. :(

TOTALLY NOT TRUE. TOTALLY. I BATTLED OVER THIS FOR A WEEK..WE LIVE IN FLORIDA Totally Meaningless unless a FLORIDA Resident Rate is currently offered for your specific Cruise/Category ...ARE RETIRED MILITARY Totally meaningless unless a Military Rate is currently offered for your cruise/Category..PAST PASSENGERS Totally meaningless unless a Past Guest rate is currently offered for you Cruise/Category. ( THIS IS OUR EIGHTH ON CARNIVAL) WAS BOUND BY ES BECAUSE DEPOIST WAS MOVED TO DREAM...BUT CATEGORY WAS PP (It's Past Guest)...NO MILITARY OR SENIOR DISCOUNTS WERE CREDITIED. And I got a good rate with PP...received upgrades within category..Sounds to me like you re-booked under Past Guest Rate and are therefore no longer entitled to Early Saver Price Protection! Happy as a Toad to be sailing soon..BUT THIS INFORMATION IS NOT TRUE. PERIOD. This information is verifiably 100% accurate. OR NOT KNOWN BY A LOT OF CARNIVAL REPS ..INCLUDING GUEST SERVICES. You may not have understood what they were telling you, but This is basic information that (most) Reps DO understand and handle many times daily. - :(

This is absolutely 100% true and is stated in the ES Terms and Conditions.

You're screaming unnecessarily with CAPS.

Once you are booked Early Saver, To get a Price drop for Past Guest Rate lower than your current ES Rate, the Rate must be currently offered for your Cruise/Category (it isn't offered all the time for all cruises) and you must be a Past Guest.

Once you are booked Early Saver, To get a Price drop for 55+ Rate lower than your current ES Rate, the Rate must be currently offered for your Cruise/Category (it isn't offered all the time for all cruises) and you must be 55+.

Once you are booked Early Saver, To get a Price drop for Resident Rate lower than your current ES Rate, the Rate for your state must be currently offered for your Cruise/Category (it isn't offered all the time for all cruises for all states) and you must be a Resident of that State.

Once you are booked Early Saver, To get a Price drop for Military Rate lower than your current ES Rate, the Rate must be currently offered for your Cruise/Category (it isn't offered all the time for all cruises) and you must be Military eligible and able to provide appropriate documentation w/in 48 Hours of booking.

Price Drops (for the Promo Rates and such) are available AFTER you book ES, and are not automatically applied, you have to monitor rates for your cruise and ask for Price Adjustments.

Additionally, if you were booked Early Saver and cancelled/re-booked another Cruise, you do NOT have to re-book under Early Saver (but if you don't you lose ES Price Protection) - your Agent should be aware of this. If your words are correct, I undersrtand that you re-booked the Dream not at Early Saver but at Past Guest (not Past Passenger) Rate - if you are truly Booked at the Past Guest Rate (which you can easily confirm by checking your Booking confirmation or your "Manage Booking" which will show the Fare Code you have lost all subsequent ES Price Protection. Check your booking - I don't believe you understand how you're booked.

Either your Agent is seriously mis-informed, and/or there's a communication problem between you and your agent, and/or you haven't done your research.

ken

TOTALLY NOT TRUE. TOTALLY. I BATTLED OVER THIS FOR A WEEK..WE LIVE IN FLORIDA...ARE RETIRED MILITARY..PAST PASSENGERS ( THIS IS OUR EIGHTH ON CARNIVAL) WAS BOUND BY ES BECAUSE DEPOIST WAS MOVED TO DREAM...BUT CATEGORY WAS PP...NO MILITARY OR SENIOR DISCOUNTS WERE CREDITIED. And I got a good rate with PP...received upgrades within category..Happy as a Toad to be sailing soon..BUT THIS INFORMATION IS NOT TRUE. PERIOD. OR NOT KNOWN BY A LOT OF CARNIVAL REPS ..INCLUDING GUEST SERVICES. :(

Speaking of retired military, I'm in the same boat as you. I go here to check for military rates:

http://www.bookccl.com/salestools/FunFaxes/Special%20Programs/T1PM1.pdf

yes firefly, i thought they would only give them the rate i had found for porthole>4J since that's what they booked. but they gave them the senior rate which ended up being cheaper for them.

The other issue, if you book early saver initially and you see a price drop, you can use the price guarantee even if the rates you find are resident, senior, past guest as long as it's the same category that you initially booked as early saver.

quote=firefly333;24043705]Not usually true, they got lucky. Iv been denied the same and I was booked lower than your inlaws, I was in a 1A and they said all assigned cabins are higher categories than IS.

The fact that you got it kinda burns me that they allow it for some (even if by mistake) and not for others.

Shows its true, put in for it ... no matter if its legit or not.

Archived