arghhhhhh early saver

spongiebob

found a lower price on sunday night for both my category and a higher category for my cruise sailing this sunday. Submitted the form, hoping for onboard credit + an upgrade and still haven't received an answer. Today i checked and the price i found is now gone, seems like the ship is sold out. I had saved the page with the rate found and all but i guess no more upgrade. why can't carnival just do these things over the phone. arghhh. Oh well :(

When you say "saved the page" do you mean you took a screen shot?? If the cabins are now booked, it might be too late for the upgrade, but maybe you can get the OBC still??

Ill keep hoping.. someone today needs to get a nice break.

i saved the page as a webpage and i also took a screenshot.

i am just kinda anxious because i am hoping to at least get the cruise credit, i just feel that it would be so much easier if we could just call and get the stuff taken care of over the phone you know..i called carnival today and the lady checked my booking and said that we should be able to get the OBC, but that i had to wait for the email reply. she said that i should call back if i don't hear from them by tomorrow, since we are cruising sunday.

i'll keep you all posted.thanks :)

i saved the page as a webpage and i also took a screenshot.

i am just kinda anxious because i am hoping to at least get the cruise credit, i just feel that it would be so much easier if we could just call and get the stuff taken care of over the phone you know..i'll keep you all posted.thanks :)

My cruise cabin went from 379/guest, to 229.00 per guest. And I also submitted the form on Friday night, got a response today that said they can't verify the price so they wont honor it. I should have done the Screen shot thingy, for sure next time....grrr still upsets me though. I sent them an email back and they haven't replied yet....

Good luck with yours...

Good luck! I've been battling with them over a price drop for our upcoming cruise. They declined my submission, so using the info in the declination email, I followed all of their steps, located the same exact price drop and have resubmitted another request using screen shots for every single step. It's not a huge amount since we already had a nice rate, but it's still $30 a person. :p

I'm finding it really frustrating dealing with the changes on their "new" website! ERGH!!! I can check multiple times throughout the day, and every single time there's different info out there.

My cruise cabin went from 379/guest, to 229.00 per guest. And I also submitted the form on Friday night, got a response today that said they can't verify the price so they wont honor it. I should have done the Screen shot thingy, for sure next time....grrr still upsets me though. I sent them an email back and they haven't replied yet....

Good luck with yours...

the lady at carnival said they are able to track all the rates that have been offered in the prior days. i wonder how true that is..

the lady at carnival said they are able to track all the rates that have been offered in the prior days. i wonder how true that is..

the problem is the website if you search by date, has been showing rates people dont qualify for, its wacky.

They can track if there was a valid rate you qualify for, but they cant track if you found one that didnt apply, that shouldnt show up on their site but does. Yep, take screen shots, thats all I can say. (and prepare for a fight).

How do you take a screen shot, just in case I ever need one. Please and Thanks.

Your computer may vary, but with my right hand I hit ctrl and alt and with my left hand hit the print screen button way over on my left hand side. Hit all three at the same time btw.

then once I have the buttons hit, I open my paint program (Paint is under accessories on your computer, all computers seem to have it) and paste it in. then I save it as a jpg which is easiest to view. some put it into a word type program but those cant be opened by everyone in that format, is why I like paint and saving as jpg.

If thats still confusing, ask again.

If it ever happens to you on a future cruise, call first and get the upgrade, then submit your early saver form for the price reduction. That's how I'd do it. The worst they can say is that it has to be done by the form. But, I would argue that the form only allows OBC or an upgrade so if I'm entitled to both, I'd have to call :D YMMV!

Your computer may vary, but with my right hand I hit ctrl and alt and with my left hand hit the print screen button way over on my left hand side. Hit all three at the same time btw.

then once I have the buttons hit, I open my paint program (Paint is under accessories on your computer, all computers seem to have it) and paste it in. then I save it as a jpg which is easiest to view. some put it into a word type program but those cant be opened by everyone in that format, is why I like paint and saving as jpg.

I usually just copy and paste the info from their website into my reply to their email. I love computers, there are so many different ways to acheive the same thing. :)

On an IBM clone to do a screen shot all you need is SHIFT + Print Scrn keys.

Now, for specific windows that pop up in a multiple screen environment, click the window you want and do a ALT = Print Scrn. Then open Word and do a CTRL + V.

I usually just copy and paste the info from their website into my reply to their email. I love computers, there are so many different ways to acheive the same thing. :)

But its so easy to modify that copy and paste .. thats its virtually meaningless if they cant find the rate.

It only helps if they want to see what you think the rate is or something.

Taking a snapshot still doesnt prove it, as there are people who know how to change a screen shot, but its harder to change.

Keeping the link doesnt help either, since it can change if the rate changes.

You need a screen shot.

On an IBM clone to do a screen shot all you need is SHIFT + Print Scrn keys.

Now, for specific windows that pop up in a multiple screen environment, click the window you want and do a ALT = Print Scrn. Then open Word and do a CTRL + V.

If the person you send it to doesnt have word or a clone on their computer, then cant open the file.

Im just saying ... if you want the file to be usefull and to be able to send it to someone with a high probability it can be opened .. paint or somehow that saves it as a jpg is better. Its not just so YOU can see it .. you need the other person to be able to open the file.

Dont mean to sound dense, but we just booked our cruise, and we did get the early saver rate. I keep seeing information on upgrades due to price changing...how does all that work? I want to get in on that action if possible LOL

Hello Blondie,

The Early Saver is a great program if you're consistent on checking for price changes. Anytime that you find a sale or free upgrade promo going on (but your cabin, must qualify) you can send in an Early Saver Guarantee Form to request the difference up to 2 days before you sail.

Great promo, that Carnival offers. Me and my best friend had $400.00 OBC, plus a cabin upgrade in place before we sailed last year. 1. Because of the Swine epidemic and then the Early saver.

I hope that helps, (not my cruise info) but u get what I mean.

Enjoy your cruise.

OMG firefly you are awesome!! I had no idea how to do the screenshot either..I just assumed i should use my camera...yeah ok I am an idiot...but now I can do a screen shot!! Very simple, great directions.Thanks!

Hello Blondie,

The Early Saver is a great program if you're consistent on checking for price changes. Anytime that you find a sale or free upgrade promo going on (but your cabin, must qualify) you can send in an Early Saver Guarantee Form to request the difference up to 2 days before you sail.

Great promo, that Carnival offers. Me and my best friend had $400.00 OBC, plus a cabin upgrade in place before we sailed last year. 1. Because of the Swine epidemic and then the Early saver.

I hope that helps, (not my cruise info) but u get what I mean.

Enjoy your cruise.

Quick question:

I do not sail until September and I have been checking everyday, just in case... Just wondering when do you usually see the price drops? maybe starting a month before you cruise?

and when you say OBC and upgrade how do you get entitled to both?

Really I would just love OBC that would be great. Since were going with friends and have connecting rooms it would probably be very unlikely that we could both get upgraded and have rooms next to each other still.

Submitted my form yesterday.....I spoke with my carnival rep and she verified the price i was seeing.

Lets hope Carnival honors it.....so I can feel confident using ESP and booking early for my Alaska cruise next year:D

I have followed several threads on this topic. And I have followed someone's detailed advice on looking up the possible price fluctuations. My question is...do I just check early saver since that is what we booked under? Our cruise is next March.

Thanks to anyone who help me with this!!

Good luck with yours...

is that the price you paid? or the price on the main screen?

I have seen cruise prices come down but not by that much at one time

Archived