Mazatlan: Johann & Sandra tour

tomculb

We're leaving for the Mexican Riviera in a few days and wanting to be spontaneous, we haven't booked any tours. Reading this board Mazatlan Frank gets rave reviews but is probably booked. Johann & Sandra also sound good. Does anyone know whether we can get a city tour with the latter when we arrive, or is it necessary to book in advance? We really are trying to keep our options open and not plan much in advance.

Last week, I did a Mazatlan tour (horseback ride on Stone Island) with Johan and Sandra, through mazatlantours.net. It was organized chaos...8 different modes of transportation...very few people I could communicate with. And I had used them in Puerto Vallarta (total disaster) and Cabo (not great) as well. I'd stay away. As far as I can tell, they are a booking agency of sorts...who book tours for you through different companies. Some are good, some are not. I wouldn't risk it.

Johann and Sandra donot organise tours themselves. They are agents selling tours done by others.

So in that case you have to book before leaving.

Last week, I did a Mazatlan tour (horseback ride on Stone Island) with Johan and Sandra, through mazatlantours.net. It was organized chaos...8 different modes of transportation...very few people I could communicate with. And I had used them in Puerto Vallarta (total disaster) and Cabo (not great) as well. I'd stay away. As far as I can tell, they are a booking agency of sorts...who book tours for you through different companies. Some are good, some are not. I wouldn't risk it.

We also used them for horseback riding in Mazatlan and can echo what skier3010 has posted. There was little to no organzation, mixing of tours, people not getting what they paid for (lunch) and so on and so on. We have used them in the past and had ok results but the ok results and the latest results in Mazatlan will keep us from booking with them again.

There is a town trolley tour right at the cruise terminal that lasts about 4 hours and is $20 or $25 per person. It is an excellent tour which includes the cliff divers.

This sounds like a great way to get an overview, but have time leftover to relax/do other things. Plus, it is a great price! Do you have any more details or info?

I booked a City tour with my brother and his wife last Spring Break on Mazatlantours.net.

It was a total disaster. The told us to meet someone at the Umbrellas outside the terminal. We were they a somehow they said they did not see the four of us. Later I emailed them and ask for a refund and they said no. We had pay someone else for a tour. If you call them it sounds like the calls go to many different women working out of their house. They are not very professional and will tell you want you want to hear.

You would think if they were smart business people they would do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. My bad press has cost them more than what my refund was for sure. I will never use Mazatlantours.net ever.

Dale&Joan: I am booked for a Blue Agave Tequila Tour in Matzatlan, but it is through matzatlan tours dot org. I assume it is probably the same company as what you did. I am hoping for the best.

Just wondered if you tried to dispute this charge with your credit card company as that is the way this site has you pay. There is a toll free mexico number on the ticket, did you try to call when you were at port?

I am so sorry that happened to you!

Anyone take Johann and Sandra's set up for tours and have it go well?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

In Mazatlan I go outside the gate and make a deal. I find someone that speaks english last year we hired a pulmonia four people this year we got a van for 20 each and told him to show us the city. It was a good tour for the new people. Just tell them what you want to see and they will take you.

• 4 months later...

Hi, Just wondering how the tour with Johann and Sandra went? Was thinking of booking the same tour.

Steve

Dale&Joan: I am booked for a Blue Agave Tequila Tour in Matzatlan, but it is through matzatlan tours dot org. I assume it is probably the same company as what you did. I am hoping for the best.

Just wondered if you tried to dispute this charge with your credit card company as that is the way this site has you pay. There is a toll free mexico number on the ticket, did you try to call when you were at port?

I am so sorry that happened to you!

Anyone take Johann and Sandra's set up for tours and have it go well?

Thanks!

We've used Johann&Sandra to book our shorex a couple of times and have had good results. We had a little stress from one tour in Mazatlan where the tour operator got us back to the ship in the "nick of time" before departure....that was a Stone Island tour. But that is the only problem we have had, the rest have been excellent.

We're on our way back to Mexico next week for the fourth time and we have used them again to book our shorex.

I've used Frank, and have two more days booked in the future. He is a great guy and will take good care of you. I always enjoy my time in Mazatlan because of Frank. If he is booked, he will set you up with one of his partners...and he is very picky about who works for him. Enjoy your day in Mazatlan!

Archived