Anyone have pics of Carnival Dream Spa Cabin 12201?

tglantz

All,

Anyone have any pictures of the Carnival Dream Spa cabin 12201? I have been told the design is like other balcony cabins, but in a thread on another forum, I saw a blueprint of it and it differs slightly.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Tim

zydecocruiser has the best selection of Dream photos...including a sampling of the cabins....

look on his website!! (just google zydecocruiser and it will come up)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.... yeah, I have been on that site but no photos of my actual cabin.... I know its a long shot.

The CCL web site shows the deck 12 layout, but I saw a blueprint of the actual ship and that cabin is different and even the Senior Cruise Director stated there was an error on the CCL website, so I was just wondering what it looked like....

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by tglantz

Someone currently on the ship is on 12202, which is exactly like your room but on the other side of the ship.

Here's a link with some pics and what they have to say about it.. basically you just get a couple extra feet due to the way the door is placed, enough room to put a suitcase or two..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24063426&postcount=30

Also a google search for "carnival dream 12202" brings up a post from John Heald's blog with a blueprint:

june29.jpg?w=722&h=506

Thanks.... That's the blueprint I had seen.... My question is that it shows two bathrooms for that cabin. The CCL website shows it as a normal balcony cabin, so I am wondering which is correct.....

Tim

Edited by tglantz

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

This is my first posting to CC so hopefully my pictures attached.

A little back story, I was the second paying guest in 12201 during its initial Mediterranean cruise. Our party had two other rooms on the spa deck and 12201 is the only cabin on this deck to feature two bathrooms, this was confirmed by the steward.

I should start of by saying the plans posted earlier are essentially correct regarding the room. There are two heads, one is the typical shower with a vanity and toilet and the other is a tub/shower combination with a vanity.

I found the dual bathrooms to be very practice, two vanities and no worries about water spilling about during a shower in the tub. I know for a fact there was no price differential for this room when I booked in 2009, however this may have changed.

I should add, this cabin is next to the sauna and there was no noticeable noise from my experience. This room and others on the same side of the ship are a short and semi private walk to the men/womens locker rooms 10ft away. I found myself slipping on my robe and showering in the mens room everyday. There are huge private showers and even nicer tiled shower in the spa members section. So even if you can’t book this room you have lots of showering options that keep the one in your cabin bone dry!

I hope this helps!

1882341409_DreamCabin12201bathrooms.jpg.0a67c1da1f2e8bdc5bffa5f83addd346.jpg

1628309727_DreamCabin12201.jpg.d868c16a920676e5e545f6d95ae86e2c.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

I have this room (12201) booked for a 2019 Carnival Dream cruise for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. I read a review from 2016 that the room was hot, now that I see the coed sauna is next to it makes me think I might want to change to another room.

I also found out there is no roof to the balcony, being further to the front it does not appear to be seem from the serenety deck above.

The two sinks and a tub are nice but if it's warmer than normal room it will be uncomfortable.

Any thoughts?

• 1 year later...

I have not stayed in 12201, but have stayed in 12202.  It only has 1 bathroom.  There were 4 of us in the room during our trip and we had plenty of room to maneuver around.  The location of the cabins is quiet.  We had no problem with the temperatures in the cabin.  We did enjoy the openness of the balcony, but not during sail aways.  Seemed like everyone was on the deck above us and could look down.  I don't have any pictures of the room though..  Sorry!

Hi I wasn't in room 12201,but in 12223.

I received an upgrade and was happy at first then had some concerns.  The main was no overhead like the vast majority of the balconies on the Dream.

However it really wasn't an issue for the majority of the cruise.  On sailway,, people on the deck above could stand and look down on my balcony.  But beside the first day and maybe two or three times during the cruise, no issue.  Also was concerned with no shade on sea day or any other time I wanted to enjoy the balcony during the day.  Depending on the day, at least one side of the balcony had shade so I was able to enjoy.

I was worried about noise from above and the deck.  But once in the room, no issue and no issue with hallway traffic.

Now the one thing I didn't care for is the long wait for an elevator to go up or down from the floor.  

I placed some photos of the cabin for you.  Looking into another cabin when cleaning was done, same layout.

Hope this helps

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG