Integrated Back to Backs - One credit or two?

Shazaam

We're considering taking a 14 day integrated cruise out of San Juan next winter which is really two seven day crises taken back to back for a better price than booking each separately. As we will just be hitting Platinum level, the idea of getting two cruise credits appeals to us as we start the long climb to Elite. As I haven't seen this questioned addressed before, I thought that I'd ask those of you who have experienced this as to how Princess handles this kind of booking. Is it one sailing or two?

Are there any other considerations that we should also be mindful of for this type of situation?

Thx. K

Annoyingly, it's how the cruise is sold, not operated, that matters. Our 14-day-of-two-7s Alaska sailing resulted in one cruise credit. =0(

The upsides to this, incidentally, are the more generous internet benefit (we got platinum credit for both weeks' packages) and the enhanced Shareholder benefit (250 vs. 2x100).

Easy to figure out.. If you have 2 different booking numbers you will be credited with two cruises. If you have one booking number you will be credited with one cruise.

I agree with Largin, no way around it. If it isn't booked as two seperate cruises (with the two booking numbers) you will receive only one credit each for the cruise.

The integrated cruise price is normally cheaper than a b2b. You get one cruise credit for the integration or you can pay more and get two cruise credits. Both give you 14 nights of course. However the maths needs to be offset as explained above re FCC and Stock OBCs

It may be better to stop worrying about how many cruises and just add up the days I had only done 3 cruises but became Elite for the fourth cruise 150 days. If you are a shareholder it is better to have 2 cruises as you get 2 x shareholder credits instead of just one and also as elite you would get two frig fills. It depends how much you would save booking a 14 day instead of 2 x 7 days:D

I have taken several cruises that were either b2b or three different segments and I have always been given credit for the different segments. There were booked together on one booking number, perhaps the rules have changed. But as a previous poster said, the number of days actually counts towards your point total not just number of cruises.

I have taken several cruises that were either b2b or three different segments and I have always been given credit for the different segments. There were booked together on one booking number, perhaps the rules have changed. But as a previous poster said, the number of days actually counts towards your point total not just number of cruises.

It might be that cruises that are offered as 7 day itineraries as well as 14 day itineraries are counted differently than straight back to back cruises with separate voyage numbers. In the OP's case, the CB does 7 day itineraries from San Juan next winter, but Princess also markets them as 14 day itineraries under a separate voyage number. Example, voyage B102 departs on Jan 2 and B103 departs on Jan 9. Voyage B102A is the 14 day itinerary that includes 102 and 103, and is at least $100 cheaper than if you booked 102 and 103 separately.

I think it might depend on the year you took these back to backs. Now, if you book it as only one sailing, with one booking number, you get credit for only one sailing (plus the days sailed). In order to get a credit for each cruise on the B2B or B2B2B you must book each cruise seperately under their own booking numbers.

Archived