Infants passport

xop

I didn't know really where else to post this...while I completely understand passports and I have no problem w/ them, I wonder about my babies. I just can't imagine getting an infant a passport because years from now they aren't going to look a thing like their passport picture. How long are the childrens passports good for? They do take their pictures just like adults right? I know when I look at my sons baby picture from a year ago and look at him now it's still hard to believe it's the same person.

I didn't know really where else to post this...while I completely understand passports and I have no problem w/ them, I wonder about my babies. I just can't imagine getting an infant a passport because years from now they aren't going to look a thing like their passport picture. How long are the childrens passports good for? They do take their pictures just like adults right? I know when I look at my sons baby picture from a year ago and look at him now it's still hard to believe it's the same person.

five years

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html

Please do some passport research but for some odd reason I have an image of Parent/Guardian holding infant for passport photo. Am I making this up that both faces are in the photo? :confused:

Children's passports are only good for five years because their appearance changes so much.

I work for the Post Office and when the clerks take the infant's photos, they make every attempt to have the parent hold the child so that only the child is in the photo - don't forget, they are taking a picture only of their face so its not that difficult to do.

I'm just curious, and wondering if there an age where children don't need a passport?

If a passport is required for adults, as it is for all air travel outside the US, a one day old baby needs one. I helped get one for a one week old once...

If a passport is required for adults, as it is for all air travel outside the US, a one day old baby needs one. I helped get one for a one week old once...

I would absolutely think that is the case, given how many abducted, sold, stolen, smuggled .... children in the world. A citizen of country x needs to be able to prove it, even if the proving will be done by another on their behalf.

I prefer passport to microchip!

Archived