what's your fave room service food?

mjmiller

Quiet a few nights during a cruise DW and I will order a Steak and Brie sandwich and a BLT and share them. Plus a nice piece of chocolate cake and milk or coffee.

Like an above poster wrote, that first week we are home, that little late night treat is one of the things we miss the most about our cruise.

GRILLED CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way...it's too bad you can't get the Chocolate Melting Cake through room service.....we tried LOL :p:D The Chocolate cake that's on the room service menu doesn't come close to the Chocolate Melting Cake..sigh! ;)

I did not know you could still order chocolate chip cookies. I thought they jtook them off the menu - just 3 weeks and I can have them late at night with tea on the balcony - priceless!!!!

When we sailed on Destiny in March, I don't think they had chocolate chip cookies on the menu. But, when I ordered a sandwich one evening, I asked if they had any cookies, and they filled a plate (with a lid) with a mound of them and my daughter and I nibbled on them all week. So if you ask, there's a chance you might get something, even if it's not on the menu.

On our Panama cruise in November, I ordered the beef & brie sandwich as recommended on CC & honestly not all that impressed. That said, the BLT was the bomb. It was nice to sit on the balcony watching the coast go by & munching on that sammie & drinking a nice beverage.

I don't care about the sandwich, as long as it comes with a side of the yummy potato salad... which I'll be having in about 48 hours!:)

totally agreed regarding the potato salad! and i have learned from experience that you should always REQUEST the side that you want...

if you don't, you'll get either potato chips, pretzels, OR potato salad... and i've noted that they're more likely to give the chips or pretzels - which is always a serious bummer :)

On our Panama cruise in November, I ordered the beef & brie sandwich as recommended on CC & honestly not all that impressed. That said, the BLT was the bomb. It was nice to sit on the balcony watching the coast go by & munching on that sammie & drinking a nice beverage.

i've gotta say i'm with you on this point...

though, clearly, the sandwich has its fans, based on comments here...

here's what i got...

IMG_4897.jpg

just in my humble opinion - it's nowhere near as pretty or yummy as the BLT :D

don't get me wrong, it's still good, but it doesn't have anything on the BLT... and per my comments in the post just above - that's what happens when you don't specify your side... you get potato chips, lol :o

here's a few more room service favorites...

my other favorite sandwich - almost a tie to the BLT... the grilled reuben, which is also incredibly yummy:

IMG_3982.jpg

the turkey sandwich - which i don't think is anything that incredibly special, but good nevertheless....

IMG_3987.jpg

and the caesar salad...

IMG_3981.jpg

The first cruise we took was on Carnival & I only remember ordering some sandwiches one day for the kids.

Our last cruise was on RCI & I knew more about cruising. I LOVED breakfast on my balcony, now with that said I have a question. On RCI you could order anything being served in the MDR in your cabin. Is that the same on Carnival? Our best memories are of hot breakfast on our balcony. Sitting there in our robes was so luxurious. We had the best eggs, hashbrowns, broiled tomatoes with breads & butter, we always ordered double coffee too.

I also would order french fries late at night to help absorb some of the many adult libations that were FORCED on me! haha lol

On RCI you could order anything being served in the MDR in your cabin. Is that the same on Carnival?

nope, on carnival, you can only order what is on the room service-specific menu... in the mornings, you can order continental breakfast from the door hanger they provide for ordering... fill it out, leave it on the door by 5am, and they'll come at the appointed time...

but, as you'll see, no hot foods or the likes of eggs on the breakfast menu:

0-room-svc-brk.jpg

i really do wish they would expand the room service menu with some hot foods / food from the mdr, that said...

What a speedy answer! I think we may have to take turns going up to the buffet & bring breakfast back!

Wonder why Carnival doesn't do that. It's such a nice convenience.

no problem :cool:

i don't know why they don't do it, either... all i can think is that room service is typically run out of a separate section of the ship, not the galley itself, and hence they don't have the appropriate facilities?

but you hit the nail on the head, you can go up to the buffet and bring breakfast back... but, given that, i don't understand why they can't do the same thing! lol :D

Archived