Carnival Spirit - Tracy Arm Fjord Excursion

CruisingAgain

I sent off my request a couples days ago. And got some info. Yes they leave at 11.15 for 3 hours. I asked them how much of the Tracy Arm we would miss if we were on this tour. They said not much because the ship goes really slow and the tour is a fast pace boat.I did get my confimation yesterday. It sounds like a great tour. Thanks to everyone who posted on this. I look all the time but didn't see this tour. Thanks Budget Queen for posting the pictures, that made me book it. They should give you a cut of the money they make from you posting your great pictures.

Thanks Again

I sent off my request a couples days ago. And got some info. Yes they leave at 11.15 for 3 hours. I asked them how much of the Tracy Arm we would miss if we were on this tour. They said not much because the ship goes really slow and the tour is a fast pace boat.I did get my confimation yesterday. It sounds like a great tour. Thanks to everyone who posted on this. I look all the time but didn't see this tour. Thanks Budget Queen for posting the pictures, that made me book it. They should give you a cut of the money they make from you posting your great pictures.

Thanks Again

For clarification- you don't "miss" anything by going on this tour. In fact you gain, considerable sightseeing potential.

When you load onto the tender, you then will be going the SAME route as the cruiseship, into the Arm, but at a much greater detail and further distance into the fjord to the glaciers, compared to the cruiseship.

Yes That is what they told me. That's great. Sounds like a wonderful tour.

Thanks again for all you insights.

For clarification- you don't "miss" anything by going on this tour. In fact you gain, considerable sightseeing potential.

When you load onto the tender, you then will be going the SAME route as the cruiseship, into the Arm, but at a much greater detail and further distance into the fjord to the glaciers, compared to the cruiseship.

I just sent my e-mail out a few mins ago. Thanks Budget Queen for the pictures. That sold me right then and there. And thanks to Sunny AZ Girl for bringing it up in the roll call thread. If it wasn't for that I would have never found it.

• 3 weeks later...

i just got my email today saying i will get tickets the first day at sea for the tour. they charge my onboard account for the tour. so i am set too go. i only emailed them monday and was surprised too hear from the so soon. i cant wait too take this tour.

I actually did find this on the shore excursions site on Carnival. It is certainly a new add, but it is there... he is the link you can copy and paste...

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?region=A&portcode=TFJ&excursionname=Tracy+Arm+Fjord+%26+Glacier+Explorer&excursioncode=178001

We received confirmation a week or so ago and cannot wait!!!

• 1 month later...
Does anybody know if Princess do a trip like this? I can not see anything on the website about it.

They offer this for the Sapphire Princess- leaves the ship in the morning and gets back to the dock in Juneau about the same time the ship gets there. And you book it directly from the Princess website - no mention of contacting the excursion operator yourself!

I have it booked for August - and can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion last week on the Carnival Spirit and it was EXCELLENT. The people who didn't take the excursion could see the glacier but NOTHING like what we saw. We were so close and the calving was the best the boat captain had seen in over 100 trips. Huge chunks fell off - and she had to turn the boat to take the waves. And we saw lots of seals on the ice bergs.

Do this one if you can!!!

I actually did find this on the shore excursions site on Carnival. It is certainly a new add, but it is there... he is the link you can copy and paste...

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?region=A&portcode=TFJ&excursionname=Tracy+Arm+Fjord+%26+Glacier+Explorer&excursioncode=178001

We received confirmation a week or so ago and cannot wait!!!

I find it interesting that carnival's shore excursion is $40 cheaper than HAL , and I'll bet it's the same company providing the service. $199.00

Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer

Approximately 5 Hours

activity1.giflimited.gif

$$$

Your adventure begins as soon as you board this luxurious, high-speed catamaran directly from your cruise ship. Relax in the warm, spacious cabin, surrounded by large windows as your experienced captain guides you past curious seals resting on floating icebergs. The extraordinary maneuverability of this vessel will allow you to get as close as possible to the ever-changing face of South Sawyer Glacier. From the topside observation decks you will be able to enjoy this unforgettable experience with all your senses. You can sometimes even feel the “white thunder”, as immense spires of ice break from the glacier and crash into the sea. Before departing the head of Tracy Arm you will also view the beautiful North Sawyer Glacier, which cannot be approached by large cruise ships. While exploring the length of this ice-carved fjord you will cruise beneath cliffs that rise 4,000-feet above the jade-colored sea, and you can feel the mist on your face as the vessel maneuvers almost directly under a plunging waterfall. There will also be frequent stops so you can view and photograph wildlife, such as pigeon guillemots, bald eagles, harbor seals, mountain goats and bears. As you leave Tracy Arm, the on-board naturalist will provide a wealth of information about the area, which naturalist John Muir called “one of the most dramatically stunning fjords of Southeast Alaska.” Enjoy a variety of snacks and beverages served by your friendly Alaskan crew as you trace the rugged shores of Stephens Passage on the cruise north back to Juneau.

Notes:

The boat’s facilities include a main deck with galley and restrooms, comfortable upholstered seating for 100 passengers and large windows for unobstructed viewing. The upper deck has enclosed seating for 50 passengers and an observation deck aft. Wildlife sightings are likely but are not guaranteed.

I find it interesting that carnival's shore excursion is $40 cheaper than HAL , and I'll bet it's the same company providing the service. $199.00

Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer

Approximately 5 Hours

activity1.giflimited.gif

$$$

Your adventure begins as soon as you board this luxurious, high-speed catamaran directly from your cruise ship. Relax in the warm, spacious cabin, surrounded by large windows as your experienced captain guides you past curious seals resting on floating icebergs. The extraordinary maneuverability of this vessel will allow you to get as close as possible to the ever-changing face of South Sawyer Glacier. From the topside observation decks you will be able to enjoy this unforgettable experience with all your senses. You can sometimes even feel the “white thunder”, as immense spires of ice break from the glacier and crash into the sea. Before departing the head of Tracy Arm you will also view the beautiful North Sawyer Glacier, which cannot be approached by large cruise ships. While exploring the length of this ice-carved fjord you will cruise beneath cliffs that rise 4,000-feet above the jade-colored sea, and you can feel the mist on your face as the vessel maneuvers almost directly under a plunging waterfall. There will also be frequent stops so you can view and photograph wildlife, such as pigeon guillemots, bald eagles, harbor seals, mountain goats and bears. As you leave Tracy Arm, the on-board naturalist will provide a wealth of information about the area, which naturalist John Muir called “one of the most dramatically stunning fjords of Southeast Alaska.” Enjoy a variety of snacks and beverages served by your friendly Alaskan crew as you trace the rugged shores of Stephens Passage on the cruise north back to Juneau.

Notes:

The boat’s facilities include a main deck with galley and restrooms, comfortable upholstered seating for 100 passengers and large windows for unobstructed viewing. The upper deck has enclosed seating for 50 passengers and an observation deck aft. Wildlife sightings are likely but are not guaranteed.

NCL is even more, but are the times the same for the length of the tours?? There may be a difference?

The price difference may be due to the time on the sightseeing boat. The Carnival tour is 3 hours, which starts and ends at the cruise ship in Tracy Arm, while the tour for HAL sounds as if it starts at the ship in Tracey Arm and ends in Juneau, making it an extra 2 hours long. The Carnival Spirit does not go to Juneau after Tracey Arm, but stops the next day in Skagway.

• 11 months later...

So....I don't leave until July 2012, haha! I contacted them to make my reservation. Do you think they take reservations this far in advance, LOL?!

I know that people might not have the answer to this, but it doesn't hurt to ask. They confirmed my reservation for the steak place, so who knows, haha!

So....I don't leave until July 2012, haha! I contacted them to make my reservation. Do you think they take reservations this far in advance, LOL?!

I know that people might not have the answer to this, but it doesn't hurt to ask. They confirmed my reservation for the steak place, so who knows, haha!

I sent an email in oct 2010 for aug 2011...they sent me a confirmation email within a few days. I'm sure you'll hear something soon.

Maybe I am a dummy, but can't seem to find this on the Carnival site. Went to shore excursions, clicked on cruising Tracey Arm Fiord, and got a message stating they were sorry, but cannot find any excursions with that info.

Maybe a little more details in finding this for us dummies please?

Maybe I am a dummy, but can't seem to find this on the Carnival site. Went to shore excursions, clicked on cruising Tracey Arm Fiord, and got a message stating they were sorry, but cannot find any excursions with that info.

Maybe a little more details in finding this for us dummies please?

hi ron. we dont have any dummies here, just members who need a little help. i found this tour when i went too the skagway tours. then all of a sudden it showed up under tracy arm. call the excursion number and they will help you out. have a great time. :)

Thank you - Dusty Road

you are so welcome ron :). i hope you get this tour booked. it is a wonderful one and you will get so much more out of tracy arm by doing this tour. we got so close too the waterfalls we could almost touch them. and the glacier calved and it was an awesome site. we saw seals on the chunks of ice. the boat has binoculars on the seats for everyone too use and they have 2 decks for standing outside too see everything. inside the windows are large so you can see out easily. there is coffee, cocoa, sodas and snacks you can buy onboard. it is a tour i will take again. enjoy and have a wonderful time.

Jsaxm-I just e-mailed Carnival yesterday, and today I got my confirmation e-mail that we are booked for this excursion. I made reservations for June 2012. We don't have to pay anything now and the tour will be added to our Sign and Sale card. Very convenient and fast!

Archived