Taller ladies...do you wear heels?

OceanSea

You know, I never really was a 'shoes' person until the last couple of years, but now I am in LOVE with platform heels. Some are actually pretty comfortable! I'm 5'10'' and thin, and when I wear them into a room there are often audible 'gasps' and I hear some ladies go, "She must be a model" because some of my Michael Kors 5 inch ones make me 6'3''! And, yes, I tower over my husband who is 5'11". But I say, ladies, if you like them, ...go for it! To me, it's powerful AND sexy.

Good for you - I wish I had that confidence. ps love your avatar - my cavvy is trying to get my attention at the moment :)

You know, I never really was a 'shoes' person until the last couple of years, but now I am in LOVE with platform heels. Some are actually pretty comfortable! I'm 5'10'' and thin, and when I wear them into a room there are often audible 'gasps' and I hear some ladies go, "She must be a model" because some of my Michael Kors 5 inch ones make me 6'3''! And, yes, I tower over my husband who is 5'11". But I say, ladies, if you like them, ...go for it! To me, it's powerful AND sexy.

I'm right there with you!

I'm 6'0 and I wear heels all the time. I bought a pair of 3" heels to go with my formal dress and I do feel a little self conscious in them (I try not to go above 2" if I can help it) but they are really cute shoes that I couldn't pass up. I also have size 11 feet and they fit well so I'll take what I can get. My hubby is my exact height so I'll be a little taller than him but oh well. What can I do? I say wear your heels proudly!

I am 6'1"...my hubby is 5'11"...I have always worn heels...not huge ones but at least 2 inches. I feel much more dressed up in a heel.

People would come up to me and say "you are so tall,why would you wear heels" my answer is always the same..."what is the difference if I am 2 inches or 6 inches taller then you...I am tall and PROUD of IT"

Be Proud of what the Good Lord gave you...we can't change it.....and there is nothing worse then sloutching...it looks terrible!

I'm 5'11" and besides Old Navy flip flops and my running shoes every shoe I own is a 3+ inch heel. I wear a size 11 or 12 so you'd think it would be hard to find sexy high heels but it's not. On cruises I usually wear wedges since the boat listing and wet conditions make stilettos an adventure. Here are the 4" Fergies I am taking next week...

shoe.jpg.5c70c6a8edd3f68f03fada658deb1a1d.jpg

I'm 5'11" and besides Old Navy flip flops and my running shoes every shoe I own is a 3+ inch heel. I wear a size 11 or 12 so you'd think it would be hard to find sexy high heels but it's not. On cruises I usually wear wedges since the boat listing and wet conditions make stilettos an adventure. Here are the 4" Fergies I am taking next week...

[ATTACH]155472[/ATTACH]

I've tried the stilettos myself. This year, I'm going the wedge route as well. I, too, am 5'11" and I have very few heels that are less than 3 inches.

I like those shoes. I haven't decided if I want to look for lower wedges or take the ones I already have.

As I mentioned earlier, I am 5'8" and wear heels most of the time. Seems I have the opposite problem of many of you tho. I only wear a size 6.5!! I don't know anyone else with feet this small, especially people who are over about 5'3"!! I hear many of my friends complain that it is hard to find nice shoes in large sizes, trust me.... it's hard to find them that small also.:eek:

I am 5' 8" and DH is 5' 3"!!!!!!!!!!! Yet, I still wear heels - usually in the 2-3 inch range. (Have seen lots of awesome shoes w/much higher heels lately but cannot bring myself to buy them!) We've been together more than 20 years and are used to the occasional stares, but he's so darn hot & foxy that I really couldn't care less that he's so much shorter than I. He's used to everyone towering over him too, so, no big deal.

Heels make me look and feel my best, which is the whole idea, right? DH loves them too, so I just hope I can maintain the ability to wear them comfortably - lots of gals I work with say they cannot wear heels at all anymore. That would be a sad day for me!

As I mentioned earlier, I am 5'8" and wear heels most of the time. Seems I have the opposite problem of many of you tho. I only wear a size 6.5!! I don't know anyone else with feet this small, especially people who are over about 5'3"!! I hear many of my friends complain that it is hard to find nice shoes in large sizes, trust me.... it's hard to find them that small also.:eek:

Wow, you are just like my younger sister! She is 5'9" and wears a 5.5 or 6 shoe. My mom and I have size 10's and are still baffled as to how she got such little feet. My sister has good luck at Nordstrom, but not many other places.

One problem is that stores often only order one size 6.5 per style, so if someone beats me to it I am out of luck. Dillards will always do a computer search of their other stores and mail it to me if they can find it.

• 1 month later...
I am 5' 8" and DH is 5' 3"!!!!!!!!!!! Yet, I still wear heels - usually in the 2-3 inch range. (Have seen lots of awesome shoes w/much higher heels lately but cannot bring myself to buy them!) We've been together more than 20 years and are used to the occasional stares, but he's so darn hot & foxy that I really couldn't care less that he's so much shorter than I. He's used to everyone towering over him too, so, no big deal.

LOL - I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! I'm a smidge under 5' 10", and my boyfriend is 5' 6" - and I LOVE my high heels. What makes it even better is the fact that he absolutely loves me in them. :D I wear heels every day on every single cruise, and every day when I'm at home in civilian clothes (military chick here...) - up to 4" heels depending on the outfit. The only flats I wear are flip flops on the beach, and running shoes when I'm working out. Rock your high heels and be proud of your height - it took me some years to get there, but once I did, I never looked back. I absolutely love being tall, and being even taller in heels! :)

I'm 5'9", size 11 foot and I love wearing heels if they are comfortable. I think they make my foot look smaller. Dh is 6'5" so I could wear any size heel and he would still be taller than me.

Talk about a family of giants... I have 4 boys - all of them are giants. As a matter of fact my (just turned) 13 yo son, as of this morning, is 6' tall. My 12 yo is a couple inches shorter but taller than his brother was when he first turned 12. Even the baby who is 4 is as tall as his 7 yo cousin.

Warm breezes, my sons are all over 6 ft (6' 2 " and 6' 6") I'm 5'7" , dh is - 6' 2 " so another family of giants LOL

as far as shoes with a lower heel, Soffit has quite a few styles and are pretty comfortable for me.

To all of the taller ladies---rock it, wear your heels and be PROUD. My great grandmother was 5'11". Because of her, I always wanted to be tall. I'd stand next to her and proclaim my exaggerated height. Well I only made it to 5"4" which I inherited from my great grandfather who was 5'4". Oh!! She also rocked the highest heels of her day!!

I am 6'1". I have no problems at all to wear 3-inch heels.

It's not my problem that other people forgot to grow at some point in their lives and therefor, I shouldn't be "forced" to only wear flat shoes.

(of course, right now, the pain I have in my knee after an accident forces me to wear flats, but I am building up my ability to wear heels again ;) )

I'm 5'8 and always wear heels unless I am in flip flops or my running shoes!

I love being one of the tallest people in the room except my husband is 6'5, stepdaughters 5'11 and 6' (who both live in heels), and stepson 6'8.

Then again my best friend is 5'9 and wears heels all the time and her hubby is 6'2 and their two boys are over 6' in their teens.

So I try to be the tallest in the room but sometimes have a hard time pulling it off.:D

Archived