waking up in an inside?

Just curious, how does one wake up in an inside, with no natural light

to indicate the time? Is an alarm clock necessary? Does one wake up more

often to check the time?

Does RCI (or others?) implement a daylight simulation system to gently

wake up guests in these cabins?

We just woke up and turned on the light to see what time it was. If it was early, we went back to sleep. If we felt like getting up or if it was later than we originally thought, we got up.

I set an alarm for the mornings when I wanted to attend a particular class in the gym.

<P>We have just returned from a cruise in an inside cabin and i would highly recommend it , the total darkness works well for me and i slept like a log , as for waking up , your body wakes up once it has been refreshed or at least mine does , if in doubt then use an alarm clock .</P>

The one time we had an inside cabin, I took a night light with me so it wasn't totally dark! Also, if you have one of those glow in the dark hands alarm clocks that you can read in the dark, I'd bring that.

First of all.....leave your bathroom light on and close the door. That is a great night light. I always take a clock with large red digital numbers on it so that when I wake up during the night, I know, at a glance, what time it is. I got my clock at CVS. I take a power strip and there is always room to plug it in. We don't cruise in insides any more, but I still take my clock. I have got to know what time it is!

First of all.....leave your bathroom light on and close the door. That is a great night light. I always take a clock with large red digital numbers on it so that when I wake up during the night' date=' I know, at a glance, what time it is. I got my clock at CVS. I take a power strip and there is always room to plug it in. We don't cruise in insides any more, but I still take my clock. [b']I have got to know what time it is![/b]

Me too. At home I always sleep with the radio on and I can tell roughly what time it is by who the presenter is when I wake up. On a cruise this is more difficult of course. I think the alarm clock with illuminated numbers is the way for me to go.

not sure if its available on all ships but someone mentioned tuning your in room tv to the deck camera. (then turn tv so not pointing at bed) That way when the sun comes up it will come up on your tv as well.

I bring a small battery-operated flameless candle with us. It not only acts as a nightlight at night, it's a nice ambience. They now have them with timers so they stay on for a set amount of hours, shut off, then automatically turn on 24 hours after the first turn on. Just don't pack them in your bags with the battery already installed, it makes the mechanism stand out in the x-ray. The batteries last forever in these.

We have a travel alarm clock from Magellans's catalog that had a little nightlight to it, and also can act as a flashlight. The alarm is subtle, but will definately wake you up.

The flameless candles can be seen on the QVC website or batteryoperatedcandles dot com.

We always take a projection alarm clock with us. It projects the time on the ceiling, no need to even get up, turn on a light or anything else. It gives enough light to get around the room without turning on a light. We use a stick up light in the bathroom, 3 LED's with magnets on the stick up part, stick it on the metal bathroom frame, and voila, easy bathroom light without flooding the room with light. If I turn on the bathroom light and open the door, it will wake my wife. Much better to have just enough light, and not flood the room. These two items work for us, and the alarm clock actually has a thermometer in it as well.

i did an inside cabin , and i looked for the channel with the webcam on the pool deck , and at night i switched it to that channel before i went to sleep , remember to look at the number of the channel because at night when you try and find that channel it will look blank as its so dark , and as the sun rises it will get lighter in the room and you will see if theres people at the pool , because you dont want to get up at 6am , and remember to turn the sound down too lol, i`m not sure if all the cruiselines do the webcam on the pool on the cabin tv`s but its worth a try:)

We order room service for breakfast everyday; a gentle knock on the door works like a charm.

You mean that not only do you sleep in a windowless cabin, but also you

eat in one? :-) I commend your consistency, but myself I'd rather take

my coffee with a seaview.

two highly recommended items, a clock and a night light. If you need to use the bathroom at night, a night light in bathroom will allow you to find the door without running into anything.

often to check the time?

Well, my only inside experience was on Majesty. There was enough light leaking under the door to make it easy. That and being in the front of majesty when she lets out the mooring ropes, you would think you hit an iceberg ;)

Those who bring along a plug-in clock should be aware that fluctuations in the ship's electric current can cause the clock's to be something less than accurate in displaying the correct time.The time difference may not be significant, but you might consider using the room's phone to set a wake-up call. We usually use the bathroom light with the door closed to assist us in navigating the room in the dark of night.:)

We get our kids (who get inside cabins, yes we're terrible parents) touch lights to place on the bedside tables. Little round light, battery operated and all you do it tap it and it lights...don't even need to search for a switch...just smack it and it lights

About $4 for a pack of 2 at Walmart

often to check the time?

Just leave your TV on the ship channel that shows the top deck

Those who bring along a plug-in clock should be aware that fluctuations in the ship's electric current can cause the clock's to be something less than accurate in displaying the correct time.The time difference may not be significant, but you might consider using the room's phone to set a wake-up call. We usually use the bathroom light with the door closed to assist us in navigating the room in the dark of night.:)

Agreed. I have found that as long as I have a 9V Battery backup in it, it does still keep the correct time. No battery in it and it can easily be off by more than an hour by the end of a cruise.

You mean that not only do you sleep in a windowless cabin, but also you

eat in one? :-) I commend your consistency, but myself I'd rather take

my coffee with a seaview.

Why would you post a comment like this? It really bugs me when people comment with negativity instead of responding to the question answered. :mad: Anyway, I combine all of the mentioned things: leave bathroom light on with door shut, turn the tv to an outside camera view AND..and I know shame on me for this...order room service and eat a light breakfast IN my INSIDE cabin. :D They always call first before delivery to give me time to get myself together to answer the door. An inside cabin is a great way to cruise-quiet and dark make for a refreshing nights sleep.

Archived