I am coming back

Just did the 3 night Disney Wonder...I learned 2 very important things

1. 3 nights is WAY to short

2. Carnival does everything pretty much as well as Disney for 1/2 the price.

My 6YO daughter loved the charactors, but her favorite part of the cruise was the dolphin swim, which we could have done on Carnival.

We sat down to dinner and she wanted to know if Disney had the chocolate melting cake! :) She also said that Carnival had a much better water slide.

I am glad we did it...but we are coming back! Now I just need to figure out when!! :):)

I would like to do Disney just once. We had $599 guarantee price for the 7 day, but decided we didnt want to fly to Florida right then. You have to book really far in advance to get that price, so I was sorry to give it up.

Welcome back. Once would probably be enough for us too, since we dont have kids, just wanted to see another cruiseline.

welcome home

:D

i've been able to book 2 CCL cruises (balconies) for the price of 1 (inside) on DCL, so i agree as to the price point being out of skew;)

i really enjoy sailing on CCL. The sheer volume of sailings & port choices r certainly better with CCL!

as a rabid disney fan:p; i realize that the mere mention of disney is enough for many who 'don't get it' to ponder what's so special that keeps many of us eager to feed the mouse on a regular basis.

CCL does what they set out to do best...provide good value for cruising dollar. I agree, if you feel your experience was nearly equal, i certainly wouldn't spend the extra $$$s to sail DCL.

jmho, its unfair to compair the two lines as to overall vibe or design...hard to compete with the level of service and design of the DCL ships, especially the new Dream rolling out next year.:)

I would love to do Disney. My partner thinks I am nuts even though I try to explain to him that there are many "adults only" areas. I really like the design for the new Disney Dream, but two things stop me from booking it. The length of the cruise and the fact that it sails out of Port Canaveral. i am sure it is a wonderful port, I just don't want to go through the long commute from the Orlando airport.

I would love to do Disney. My partner thinks I am nuts even though I try to explain to him that there are many "adults only" areas. I really like the design for the new Disney Dream, but two things stop me from booking it. The length of the cruise and the fact that it sails out of Port Canaveral. i am sure it is a wonderful port, I just don't want to go through the long commute from the Orlando airport.

DCL has lovely adult areas (dinner club, pool & special beach @ castaway cay). childless couple friends prefers DCL. Did u send for the free DVD;)?

PortC is 'tops' 1 hr easy drive from MCO (very little traffic on beeline), about the same as FLL to POM from what im told & transport cost of towncar approx the same as ive been quoted for my upcoming trip.:)

i booked a 5 night (double castaway cay dip) for next summer when the schedule was released, typically the best rates then & was able to use my onboard booking discount of 10%.

To fill a week of vacation time, if not a disney park fan, u might be interested in visiting Universal for a couple of nights pre-cruise, citiwalk has several great bars & staying onsite in one of the 3 hotels allows u to get FOTL percs.

I have only been on Carnival " well I have only been on one cruise"

but for the price I love it, Carnival treats you right, and enjoyable that's why I am going again in less then 5 months time.

Carnival is really worth it for the price and the comfort

It's a 45 minute drive from the airport to the port....grab a cab or hire a driver.

Port Canaveral is wonderful! Small and easy to manuver. I drove over from the west coast of FL (Bradenton). Parking is very close. It is much easier than Miami or Ft Lauderdale. PLUS, the disney bus transfers are very easy from MCO. I think they are included in the price too.

I have dropped off and picked up from Tampa, which also seems like a nice port, but there are not a lot of options out of Tampa.

Based on your screen name...I would do Disney at least once. It is an experience...and if you love Disney the shows are great and they really do adult only areas well. I did not go, but several people raved about the adult only beach at Castaway Cay.

I am VERY glad I did it and I will look for great deals because my DH did not come with us this time. I am hoping for past guest deals. This trip was with a friend and her son, so we split the rate of a cabin - cheapest way I could go on disney. Carnival just does a great job and I see little reason to pay more.

You consider an hour at most to be a long commute??? that is funny, thanks for the laugh!! :)

You consider an hour at most to be a long commute??? that is funny, thanks for the laugh!! :)

I must say that an hour to the port is too long a drive.......for me. I concur that it would not be for most people. We live within 10 minutes of a port, but even before this was the case, I had a great disdain for the drive home from port. I just, plain and simple, do not like to drive nor do I enjoy being a passenger for more than a few minutes when someone else is driving. A personal quirk (I know), but it is what it is.

Hi Shelby, maybe you live in a small town or something and are used to commuting, but I agree that the port in Orlando is a very long commute from the airport, we usually end up renting a car so we don't have 125.00 cab ride, to me I'd rather fly into Tampa or Ft Lauderdale and have a 20.00 cab trip.

Cheers, and I won't laugh at you for thinking that 1 hour is a short commute ;)

Archived