Electrical Outlets in Cabin on Pearl

msny

So were having a cruise at the end of May coming up

on the Norwegian Pearl to Alaska. I'm bringing several devices

that need charging, plus the wife will have an electric

scouter.

Were on deck 9, balcony room.

We will be bringing extension cords.

So how many outlets do we have to work with?

Edited by msny

So were having a cruise at the end of May coming up

on the Norwegian Pearl to Alaska. I'm bringing several devices

that need charging, plus the wife will have an electric

scouter.

Were on deck 9, balcony room.

We will be bringing extension cords.

So how many outlets do we have to work with?

You may want to bring a strip with you. The only outlet will be by the desk and there is only one.

Nita

I have a CPAP and can't remember how I plugged mine in the last time.

Can't remember where the outlet is. That is going to be one LONNNNNNNNG extension cord I have a feeling LOL

Wife also has a CPAP she needs too!

Is is one outlet in the cabin with two plugs,

or just one plug in the outlet?

I remember only one outlet by the TV with two plugs.

We have traveled for years with a power strip with a 3 foot cord, we then plug all of our devices in there so we don't forget one as we have left camera chargers at our resorts before! Since traveling with the power cord we have not left anything behind!

We have traveled for years with a power strip with a 3 foot cord, we then plug all of our devices in there so we don't forget one as we have left camera chargers at our resorts before! Since traveling with the power cord we have not left anything behind!

Power strip on my list, thanks ALL!!

No, not on the balcony cabin on Pearl.

there is one outlet - at the desk at the end of cabin next to the sliding balcony doors.

Bring the following: one power strip, if using CPAP one 25' extension cord, for the scooter another long extension cord.

I use CPAP and the 25' travels from the outlet to the floor, along the edge of sliding balcony doors to the couch, behind the couch to the bed.

If the scooter is going to sit in the hallway, you'll need 20-25' extension cord.

The power strip can stay on the desk so it can have a short cord.

Happy sailings!

No, not on the balcony cabin on Pearl.

there is one outlet - at the desk at the end of cabin next to the sliding balcony doors.Bring the following: one power strip, if using CPAP one 25' extension cord, for the scooter another long extension cord.

I use CPAP and the 25' travels from the outlet to the floor, along the edge of sliding balcony doors to the couch, behind the couch to the bed.

If the scooter is going to sit in the hallway, you'll need 20-25' extension cord.The power strip can stay on the desk so it can have a short cord.

Happy sailings!

What's a scooter? :confused: LOL What's a power strip? A "surge protector" ? with a few plug-ins?

Never mind, I need to read closer! :D

Edited by Traveller20074

• 6 years later...
Not sure about the European outlets but in the press release for the Pearl coming out of dry dock yesterday, it said the cabins were now equipped with USB charging ports.

Let's hope someone will confirm that.

Well, that's good news - assuming that they've retrofitted the USB port with 2 amps output, which will make newer iPad & iPhone users happy as well as Android phabets, tablet & smartphone owners. That's new and first for NCL, if I am not mistaken (aside from the Joy & others still being build ... :p )

It would be nice that these minor upgrades rolled out fleetwide as it can be done quickly with minimal to no disruption to pax sailing, a good electrican can swap the older one out & put the new one in, under 15 minutes while the cabin is getting refreshed daily by housekeeping. Wishful thinking, of course, on my part.

I prefer my own since it's a hi-output & fast charger, USB-type C rated at 3 amps, UL-listed and can bring mine to full power quickly, often in less than 1 hour from a partial charge, just before dinner.

Two 3 prong outlets & one USB port for charging. There are two European outlets on side of desk. Bathroom has one 2 prong outlet that says "razor only" -- Norwegian Pearl | Mid-ship Balcony Mini-Suite (11550)

Excellent - very nice & thank you. Zoomed in for a better look - a little fuzzy but it looks like USB output is rated at 2A, which is good for "most" devices these days.

Much obliged ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are outlets 3 prong on all ships?
I believed all of the 110-120 volts outlet in the staterooms are 3 prong U.S. but the 220-240 volts are 2 prong. This is from the Breakaway (true for Getaway)

8cd6357bf19d9e25e3b826deb19e88851_zpsgqt9q2lv.jpg

I use a simple (non-surge suppression) extension outlet so have use of 4 outlets with 110V output (available from IKEA, UL-listed) For dual voltage and/or auto-sensing charger that can run on 220-240, a simple adapter would convert the Euro 2 pin adapter to run the device with US style plug, as shown here - Apple's 1 amp and 2 amp chargers running off 220V ... cool to the touch & not running hot) As always, when in doubt - unplug/disconnect and do not use, fire/electrical safety first.

71b884ebb31200bfc8d9b66b942615981_zpsyehqlvqe.jpg

BTW, the "razor only" outlet inside the bathroom is 110V and good for low amp charging devices like those smartphone or tablet charger ... if you really don't have enough "plugs" or "outlets" elsewhere to charge everything. My LG usb-type C 3 amp fast charger only draws 0.5A from 110 to 240V source & I tested it last time, working !

Thank you so much to everyone who has shared info. With 4 of us cruising, 3-4 laptops, 2 smart phones, 2 dumb phones, 1 tablet, 1 folding scooter, a AA/AAA/9V battery charger, and I don't know how many cameras, I have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to keep everything charged even with rotating chargers. Knowing what to expect helps! I'm also curious if we will have more outlets, since we are in an accessible cabin.