In cabin drinks

To seasoned RCI cruisers,

We are long time cruisers (as you can see in my signature) however, mostly with Princess. If you were to ask me the policies and their customary enforcement of those policies for Princess - I could fill you in. However, I've only sailed RCI once and it was a short 3 day trip long, long ago.

From what I've read, RCI's enforcement of their policies about bringing aboard alcohol for in cabin consumption are different than what I'm accustomed to, therefore I would be hesitant to do anything but follow the rules.

Since we enjoy relaxing on our balcony, enjoying the peace and serenity of the ocean and enjoying a libation or two, what is the normal RCI procedure? Drink by drink from the closest bar, room service drink-by-drink, do they have a small bottle purchase program or can you buy normal bottles of liquor and/or mixers?

We are considering "trying something different" but we are trying to determine if this problem is really a problem or just a minor inconvenience. I guess what I'm trying to say is I hope this doesn't become a deal breaker :o)

Marlin

Either bring drinks back to your cabin from a bar, or order them from room service...they are your only options, unless you "smuggle" booze onboard. RCI doesn't sell any hard liquor "by the bottle" for in-room consumption.

On the Monarch in Dec we ordered a few vodka cranberries "unmixed" (liquor in a large glass and cranberry in a little carafe) with no problems. That being said we did tip that bartender very well over the course of the cruise so he may have been bending the rules for us.

You can also pre-cruise through gifts & gear order bottles of wine that will be in your cabin when you arrive...The whole alcohol thing can be overcome without too much inconvenience as some have suggested above...Try RCI you won't be sorry.;)

On the Monarch in Dec we ordered a few vodka cranberries "unmixed" (liquor in a large glass and cranberry in a little carafe) with no problems. That being said we did tip that bartender very well over the course of the cruise so he may have been bending the rules for us.

Thanks - Finally - a good idea regarding the "I want a drink in my balcony” issue. I wouldn't mind it mixed, just with no ice.

We order an extra bottle of wine at dinner and take it back to the cabin to enjoy at our leisure.

M

i buy a bucket of beer unopened and bring back to the room.

That is what we also do...if we want wine we just go to Vintages or Chops and buy a bottle from them, better selection then dining room.

For drinks, I just order a LARGE glass of either rum or vodka, no ice and a soda or glass of juice and this will do me just fine in our rooms.

I have sailed on a few different lines and I have yet to figure out whey RCCL doesn't let you buy a bottle of liquor for your room...

Archived