Question about tipping for room service

rpouls

While I've cruised a few times in the past, I've rarely ordered room service. Each time, I'd tip the person who brought the food to our cabin. Is this the correct way to handle this? I'm thinking yes, only because I notice there was a different person each time.

Please advise - thanks!

While I've cruised a few times in the past, I've rarely ordered room service. Each time, I'd tip the person who brought the food to our cabin. Is this the correct way to handle this? I'm thinking yes, only because I notice there was a different person each time.

Please advise - thanks!

Who else would you tip - because they do not ask for your S&S card you do not add it on so it is only cash. Continue doing what you are doing and you will be fine.

We bring about $150 in ones and fives to tip for room service and other tips during the cruise. We usually come back with some cash, enough to pay for the cab ride home, including tip.

I agree - $1-2 is usually adequate - when I travel solo I base it on the 'weight/volume' of the trays? ha ha ha And yes I learned the hard way not to keep those $1 bills in the safe. So when you're half asleep and the knock comes you are not fumbling for tip money!

We ordered coffee every morning, got food one morning, tipped $1 ea time. Here's my tip: set your robe and a $1 out the night before so you're ready when they knock on the door! :eek:

We ordered coffee every morning, got food one morning, tipped $1 ea time. Here's my tip: set your robe and a $1 out the night before so you're ready when they knock on the door! :eek:

Good advice - most of us learned this the hard way!:D:eek:

Archived