new prohibited item list

smd1234

This is outrageous and I will not cruise with Carnival again until they get rid of these vague and stupid rules. I need a power strip to charge my camera, camcorder, netbook, etc. overnight.

I am not sure of where you got your information on power cords. I have read this for the past few months and finally am speaking up. We also asked our room steward on the different cruises. They said cords with good wiring are allowed. What is not allowed are frayed cords. If you have any other questions, ask away since we just got back last night, from our Carnival cruises.

We have done two cruises with Carnival in the past three weeks. Electric power cords were allowed, curling irons were allowed. The mac n chesse were in tiny ramkins, made with white cheddar and very good. This dish was not out of place, as they had a nice presentation and everyone said how good it was. Saw nothing wrong with this, have had similar in fine dining restaurants.

And you gotta love this one:

Prohibited Items – will be disposed of prior to boarding

• Any footwear with wheels, i.e. Heely’s type shoes

Almost every kid I see has these. Are they gonna be ripping kid's shoes off in the terminal and throwing them into the water???? They are really going overboard with some of these stupid rules.

Footwear whith wheels, are not allowed in malls, professional buildings or commercial buildins of any sort in our town. It definitely would be dangerous to use them on a ship, especially when having rough seas. Those items are for recreation, not for cruising. People need to be respectful of others, can't believe you would be for these on a ship. I have had children crash into me with these shoes.

I am not sure of where you got your information on power cords. I have read this for the past few months and finally am speaking up. We also asked our room steward on the different cruises. They said cords with good wiring are allowed. What is not allowed are frayed cords. If you have any other questions, ask away since we just got back last night, from our Carnival cruises.

We have done two cruises with Carnival in the past three weeks. Electric power cords were allowed, curling irons were allowed. The mac n chesse were in tiny ramkins, made with white cheddar and very good. This dish was not out of place, as they had a nice presentation and everyone said how good it was. Saw nothing wrong with this, have had similar in fine dining restaurants.

The reason some of the information is inaccurate is because this thread is 47 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Hot

Mac & cheese as fine dining. It's probably the number one comfort food in North America, no doubt all the celeb chefs are making some version of it.

What's Not

Heely's. That trend should have died a couple years ago. Kids on heelies are a menace and should be banned everywhere. Was at a resort a few years ago where some of the kids where wheeling around on them and practically terrorized many people around the resort.

Archived