No more price drops for RC?

This is the exact same wording you find on the Carnival website. Last I checked Carnival would reduce the fare up to the point where cancellation penalties kicked in. After that you were out of luck (except if you booked a certain type of fare).

I would have to believe RCI will work the same way. It seems they are going to stop giving OBC for lower fares found after the cancellation penalty kicks in. At least that is what I believe.

I also think this applies for booking from today forward.

This is the exact same wording you find on the Carnival website. Last I checked Carnival would reduce the fare up to the point where cancellation penalties kicked in. After that you were out of luck (except if you booked a certain type of fare).

I would have to believe RCI will work the same way. It seems they are going to stop giving OBC for lower fares found after the cancellation penalty kicks in. At least that is what I believe.

Thats not what people are being told from RCI. Im not invested, so dont plan to call. Im sure they are getting lots of calls at the moment :)

Thats not what people are being told from RCI. Im not invested, so dont plan to call. Im sure they are getting lots of calls at the moment :)

I have nothing going on either. Unfortunately the only way to tell is to have someone experience it first hand.

Again it does not make too much sense in mind to not adjust the price if before cancellation penalty..IMHO.

wow that stinks, I always felt "safe" knowing that I could monitor the prices and get an adjustement, I love planning early and have a cruise booked for 2011 and another for 2012, I guess they don't want my money early anymore.

I have nothing going on either. Unfortunately the only way to tell is to have someone experience it first hand.

Again it does not make too much sense in mind to not adjust the price if before cancellation penalty..IMHO.

I agree, after your reach penalty phase I can somewhat understand, but to only allow a 48 window after the initial booking seems a bit extreme, especially when, just a day before you allowed it 72 hour before departure.

This is UNREAL...........

I guess I can understand them not wanting to honor price drops AFTER final payment.......I could live with that.......but not to honor before that????

BAD MOVE RCCL:mad::mad::mad:

I am so bummed right now. I was planning on booking a B2B on the Radiance during this upcoming WOW sale, and now seeing this, I'm just going to hold out. We usually cruise during the off season and prices always come down close to the sailing so I guess I will take my chances and just wait until closer to the sail date. :(

Me too! I was planning to book Oasis for early December 2011, and I am going to hold off and take my chances.

I sail this week often (first two weeks of December) and have always received big price drops. Last December my 7-night balcony got as low as $599pp (lasted for one day!) and I wound up with OBC of $600. Cheapest cruise I have ever taken! I don't think I would have been too happy with my originally booked price of $899.

Allegedly, and I don't have it in writing (from C&A D+), but... cruises booked prior to today will still honor price reductions up to 72 hours from departure. Cruises booked from today on, have the 48 hour limit for price reductions.

but... if before final payment, upgrades, obc, and then refunds still seem to be an option.

Inside final payment no refunds for reductions.

but upgrades may be an option.

Just relaying what I was told.

...more clever than we think? Prices seem to increase closer to sailing date. And if people are no longer going to book far out in advance to save money, like 1+ years, prices will be higher when they DO book. More money for RC?!?:confused:

I just called C&A D+ desk and talked with Shirley who was very knowledgeable about the new program. When I asked her if she had received many calls about the new program I was told I was her first. I told her to be prepared.:D

This what she told me............any cruise booked prior to 5/17/2010 will be grandfathered in and eligible for any price reductions if they become available for your particular cruise.

You just talked me out of booking during the WOW sail for an April 2011 cruise. I was a loyal RCI customer, but will now be looking at other options for spending my vacation dollars...

One would think that they would also have an Early Booking Discount the way Carnival does. The deposit is non-refundable and it costs $50pp to change a reservation, but they honor price drops all the way up to final payment.

And it's really disingenuous of them to even offer the current deal, since TAs aren't allowed to discount prices. So you are guaranteed not to find a lower priced deal unless by chance RCI itself lowers the price of a cruise within 48 hours.

No more planning far in advance for us! Although I do love certain cabins, I don't love them enough to commit to a price over a year in advance any more.

...more clever than we think? Prices seem to increase closer to sailing date. And if people are no longer going to book far out in advance to save money, like 1+ years, prices will be higher when they DO book. More money for RC?!?:confused:

It will not be more money if the ship is only half to 3/4 full when they sail.

Princess does honor price drops, so how would that have been an advantage for RCI?

Maybe Princess has changed but my June 08 British Isles Princess cruise, after final payment, there was a large price drop and Princess DID NOT honor the reduction.

I'll just continue to book the cabin I want at the price I am willing to pay. I'll miss getting price reductions, but that is now out of my hands. This will not change my cruising habits. If the price was affordable when I booked the specific cabin or suite I wanted at the time, that's good enough for me. We can only afford to cruise obnce a year, at best, so I like to pick a specific cabin or suite and have the peace of mind to know I am booked and set to go. I also like watching the countdown clock tick away over the course of the year.

I guess I'm easy. ;)

Eric

OK, I'm blond and not the smartest student in the class at times.:o

But with this new Price Guarantee Program does that mean that they are eliminating senior/residency/military/police& fire discounts? It is still listed on their website as being available.

Please tell me that isn't so.:(

Patti, please tell me this isn't so!!!!! What are they going to take away next? I believe I am soooooooo glad to be going to Celebrity for a try. RCL is wanting to take every incentive you have away.

It will not be more money if the ship is only half to 3/4 full when they sail.

It should make it easier for them to lower prices for last minute deals on slow selling cruises without having to refund to everyone else. I can usually only book two weeks out so this might benefit me. I don't think this will sit well with a lot of others though. But if they honor price drops for cruises booked before today, then the changes only effect new bookings. They should have made the changes before the WOW sale announcement.

Patti, please tell me this isn't so!!!!! What are they going to take away next? I believe I am soooooooo glad to be going to Celebrity for a try. RCL is wanting to take every incentive you have away.

Judy, any cruise on the books prior to today will still be eligible for price reductions.

I really think that is what RCI wants. They want the C&A long time cruisers to move up to Celebrity and let RCI become more of an entry level cruise line like their competition. It may work but not in the way that they want.;)

Celebrity has the same wording on their website now also :(

Dustin

Archived