No More Bon Voyage Liqure

AZchieffan

Good question - I ordered yesterday and was given a confirmation number.

Whew, I ordered yesterday at 2:15 pm to sail this Sunday........no problem, glad I didn't drag my feet another day. This absolutely makes NO SENSE though, if Carnival is so against you bringing alcohol on board why or why would they stop this practice???? Maybe they should just limit the number of bottles you can purchase if they are afraid they will lose money on the bar sales.

I agree.. someone needs to email John Heald on his blog about this so he can address the issue.

Hopefully it does have something to do with the website updates going on right now and maybe being able to place an order for liquor via the website like you can for wine.. But I am thinking not.. Makes no sense..:(

I think it may make non-smugglers smuggle now so I am not sure why they would do this.. :confused:

Because of them no longer selling "liqure" I will be stepping up my smuggling game. In my bags, stiched between layers, on my person, in my body cavities. Everywhere. This next cruise I was going to buy a lot from BV and not smuggle for a change, but I will not be cowed into buy overpriced drinks. I to was doing that same thing. Just was going to skip a couple dinners out and buy booze. Sound sick when you see wrote down lol

Whoa! I would recommend reading some of the posts about rum runners and what is going on with reguard to confications. CCL would have to sell Cpt. M etc. at $3.50 per oz to equal what they get per drink on board. That works out to $112 +- per quart. So I believe this is all part of a plan along with confications to improve CCL'S bottom line in the bar department which is one of their major profit centers. Our last trip security was all over the smuggling issue in Long Beach (Splendor).

See below...........

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1158870&page=2

Obviously Carnival realized their bar revenue margins were falling by X dollars for every fifth of liquor sold through their BV department (even with the inflated prices of BV.) I wonder if bar revenues are so important to Carnival that they would refuse a 100% capacity charter of A.A. members? Probably. To Gerry Cahill I ask at what point does your cost/benefit analysis snap when traffic turns to your competitors who still sell bottled liquor to their passengers for in cabin consumption? Your short sighted greed fails to recognize the long term consequences of your decision. This is not surprising as this is the new business model for failing American enterprise and foreign corporations who do business in America, and it's a shame and shame on you Gerry.

progress.gif

This really sucks! I was planning on ordering from BV for the first time for my cruise in October. I've smuggled in the past, but with the new crack-down, I think I am reformed, and had decided to follow the rules and order from BV....less stress that way and I liked knowing it was going to be waiting on me.

Guess I'm gonna go back to sinning...This SUCKS!

wow does that stink, I think I still have some wine seals around at my house from my last cruise...

Unless that Seal is needed for assistance with a disability I dont think it is allowed on.

Well that would make since, but I didnt even say when I was sailing to the rep!! She just said as of this morning, you may not purcdahse liqure. Try it yourself Tribe.

Thought it was liquor...what is liqure looks like something you use to catch a fish! :)

My first thought when reading this is that it makes me wonder if Carnival will in fact go towards selling the all inclusives that someone posted on here not too long ago. One of the other cruise lines had packages that varied from water and soda all the way to booze for set amounts per day. That thread got pretty debated back and forth over reasons why or why it wouldn't work so I'm not sure if it's still around or was pulled.

I'd imagine if Carnival wanted to secure one set rate for booze sales by offering the all inclusive packages they'd want to stop offering booze through BV as well as eliminate/cut back on all smuggling. Although my dh and I are not big drinkers a package might tempt us even if we were on the short end of things. My dh would like the option of knowing whatever he drank was already paid for (all inclusive package) since it gives him one set budget amount.

Oh well I do feel bad for those that did the allowed thing and ordered it through BV only to find that they are not allowing it any longer.

Archived