What's your longest and shortest cruise?

shortest....3 dayers.....Carnival...Ncl...RCL

Longest.....11 dayer....RCL

Booked......15 dayer....TA..Barcelona to FLL on the Liberty..2011

Want to be a Man Servant on the World.....The Floating Condo Ship....

PLEASE CONTACT ME...ANYBODY......PLEASE!!!!!! :)

MIKE

Personally I would LOVE that. But, assuming money nor time was not an issue; how many of you would enjoy that; or like my dream, an around the world cruise....and how many have a definate limit of days before you want to get back to home sweet home?

I know there are differing attitudes on this; which camp are you all in?

Mitch

I used to have that world cruise dream, but Ißm not so sure about it anymore. Having travelled a bit in my life already I´ve come to the conclusion, that after about 3-4 weeks I´m just filled up with new impressions and I start to not appreciate new sights anymore. So today I´m more like give me a world cruise, but every 3-4 weeks give me a break to get home for a couple of weeks and enjoy the recently made experience - after that I´m ready to go on the next leg.

Shortest would have to be the Carnival Elation in 2009, 4 nights through Catalina Islands and Ensanada Mexico & Disney Cruise in 1993 for 4 nights through Caribbean on the StarShip Atlantic before Disney had its own cruise line.

Longest will be my upcoming trip for 7 nights through the Mexican Riviera, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Longest was 7 and shorest was definitely 7 - much too short but what can you do when you work as a secretary and live on a secretary's salary :p
Me too! Replace secretary with student, and you have me pegged, lol!

All 3 of my cruises have been 7 nights. I would love to try a longer cruise but I just can get away from school/life/work at this point. I guess it leaves me something to strive for :D

Shortest: 3, Monarch, Bahamas

Longest single cruise: 15, Brilliance, Barcelona-Miami

Longest on same ship: B2B, 14/7, Serenade, San Diego-San Jaun/ Eastern Caribbean (SJU-SJU)

They were all too short!!!

Shortest, the 1 night pre-inaugural on Mariner (it was fun!), we only live an hour from port, so no big deal.

Longest, 13 nights on Legend in Oct. 2008. They were doing alternate routes, the next one would have gone to Greece for a 12 night, you have no idea how badly we wanted to stay onboard for another 12 nights.

We could do a world cruise. Of course, we're they type who are never ready to get back home again.

I WIN!

One year on an aircraft carrier.

(U.S.S. Franklin D. Roosevelt CVA-42.)

Traveled the Eastern USA Seaboard, Caribbean (including, Cuba) across the Atlantic, all over the Mediterrean for 6 months cruise, and,

back across the Atlantic.

Such a deal.

(Inside cabin..smelled oily.

I had 20 roomies, beds were called "sacks"

3 guys to a rack that had 3 sacks. Lots of noise,

Jet engine fuel smells, No TV's. No females at all,

except, nudie Playboy photos were allowed. Community showers, sometimes with salt water. Free laundry.

No swimming pools,

Great food 24 hours per day.

USO entertainment shows in Hangar bay.)

Shortest: 7 Day Rhapsody of the Seas.

My shortest was a 7 Nt, and my longest was a 12 Nt. I'd love to go on one of those really long ones, 25 nights, or something like that. I could absolutely spend an entire month on a cruise, even if I never stepped foot off the ship. My family.....another story..... :(

Personally I would LOVE that. But, assuming money nor time was not an issue; how many of you would enjoy that; or like my dream, an around the world cruise....and how many have a definate limit of days before you want to get back to home sweet home?

I know there are differing attitudes on this; which camp are you all in?

Mitch

That is exactly what I'm struggling with now. We are planning a two week land trip in France and Spain for next year and booked a 14-nt TA cruise as our transportation back to the U.S. We have never been away longer than two weeks, and this trip will have us away for exactly one month. DH has 6 weeks vacation a year, and is so close to retirement that he doesn't care if anyone gives him any problems about being gone for that long. I'm semi-retired now, only working 12 hours a week, so for me to take off that long is a non-issue, and may even fully retire right as we leave for the trip. I really am a homebody at heart, and I can't quite wrap my brain around being gone that long, but hey, I'll get over it....:o;):)

Archived