Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

Admom.. where should we be and what time on Monday?

Definitely starboard side of the ship (that is the right side, in case you don't know). My husband taught me an easy, albeit cheesy way to remember. He said, "I am star and I am always right." LOL!

As for a specific location, it does not really matter, since I take pics of every area possible. If you want to find yourself easily on the pics, I would recommend the area by the tiki canopy. You can look at the pics on the previous posts to see what I mean.

The ship usually passes our beach between 5:20 and 5:40. If you look on Google maps, we are on the beach just before you see the Coast Guard buildings on the right.

Enjoy packing and planning! :)

Thank you so much for this!! I watched all the beach areas and made DH take pics of all we passed I will be posting them here for you and you can tell me if I got you in one. Thank you again especially considering the weather. If you don't care will you e-mail them to winter_rossi@hotmail.com , thank you again!!

You are welcome. I sent these to your e-mail - 4 messages in total. Let me know if you get them. If you don't receive them, maybe look in your spam box :)

APDMOM...you're so great about trying to take pictures of the Fascination leaving port. My old USN ship is having a reunion in Jacksonville this June and there's a pre-reunion cruise option for people who want to go. I'll be on the Dream during that time but will be back for the reunion dinner. Be fun to have some pictures of the ship for attendees who did this. I think the sail date is June 16th, a Thursday. If you're at home and can remember a pictur eor two will be appreciated. You can eithe rpost them on the Fascination's June 16th roll call or let me know here and I'll send you my email address and you can forwarda copy to me, then I'll get it printed.

Thanks,

Crew

Thanks for so many great pictures. We will be sailing on June 11th, 2011 with our extended families. If you are available, please take a picture or two.

Thanks,

Lois:)

Hi, Crew & Lois!

We booked a cruise for that same week today. So, we will not be available to take pics. You will have to schedule another one so that we can get your pics next time :D

Enjoy your vacation!

Hello! You are so nice to do this!

We will be sailing 5/28/11. We have a mid-ship balcony on the starboard side.

Hi, 5PUPS! Hope you had an awesome cruise. I posted the pics on this roll call. I did not see your name in there, but only saw one roll call for 5/28/2011. :) Let me know if there was a second roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29310620&posted=1#post29310620

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a great ship, My wife and I been searching for a fun ship with a great port stop. Looks like we found what we wanted. Fascination out of jacksonville 5 nights to Half Moon Cay and Nassau April 14-19 2012. After seeing soo many happy people here it has helped our choice.

You were so very kind to take photos and then post them after the sailing on October 7, 2010 of the Fascination cruise for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary celebration. One of your photos captured my dad out alone on their balcony (last cabin on end of 2nd balcony row from bottom of page.) They had SUCH a wonderful cruise, and my husband and I felt so fortunate and privileged to be able to help them celebrate their long marriage on that cruise! We lost dad very suddenly this past April 21 so this photo shows him on his very last cruise. It means so very much to have this photo and I can't thank you enough...

Most sincerely,

Marguerite Hunsinger

DadontheirbalconyU237ofCarnivalFascinationsailingfromJacksonvill.jpg

Edited by lambs2

hi apdmon, we have a group of 18 cruising on Aug. 1, 2011. We all are from Gastonia, NC and would love to see a pic of ship leaving, we will be on deck waving if we can be.

Sorry for the delayed response. We just got back from Legend. I have added you to our calendar. Happy planning!

You were so very kind to take photos and then post them after the sailing on October 7, 2010 of the Fascination cruise for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary celebration. One of your photos captured my dad out alone on their balcony (last cabin on end of 2nd balcony row from bottom of page.) They had SUCH a wonderful cruise, and my husband and I felt so fortunate and privileged to be able to help them celebrate their long marriage on that cruise! We lost dad very suddenly this past April 21 so this photo shows him on his very last cruise. It means so very much to have this photo and I can't thank you enough...

Most sincerely,

Marguerite Hunsinger

DadontheirbalconyU237ofCarnivalFascinationsailingfromJacksonvill.jpg

Thank you for sharing your special memory, Marguerite! I really enjoy doing this for people and it is a blessing to be a part of your life in this unique way. May you and your family have comfort and continue to enjoy the fond memories of your dad.

If you dont mind..and your schedule allows can you do it June 20th? Me and my finance (well we will be husband and wife on June 18th) will be leaveing on this cruise for our honeymoon and would love to have some pictures for our scrapbook. I would greatly appriciate it. :) Thank you!

I'm so sorry I missed your departure! We had a busy day with doc's appointments and the time completely passed me. By the time I realized - it was 6 pm! Hope you get some good pics on your cruise anyway.

We are leaving from Jacksonville on 6/30 on the Fascination ~ I would love to have some pictures of then if possible ....:p

Us as well!! Ready to Go!

You are on the calendar. If nothing comes up, we will be there. :)

• 2 weeks later...
We are leaving from Jacksonville on 6/30 on the Fascination ~ I would love to have some pictures of then if possible ....:p

Us as well!! Ready to Go!

Well, the rain stopped just in time on Thursday! Your photo's are posted on your roll call at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29664612&posted=1#post29664612

Hope you had an awesome cruise! :)

We will be leaving out on the Fascination on July 4th. I'm not asking for you to be there on a Holiday lol, I just wanted to share :D

We ended up taking pics at the river on that day. I posted them on your roll call. Click here. Hope your cruise was great!

I think April 25th, 2011 will be the last time you will see the Fascination heading out on a cruise From Jacksonville. Goodbye Jacksonville.

Sure hope not -- We have a family cruise booked Oct 29th, 2011. Since this is July 9, 2011, don't think we have to worry! This will be our second cruise on Fascination. Great ship and great crew!:)

I live in JAX, and it would be nice to see a new cruise terminal in Mayport. Probably would bring more cruise ships into the area. :D

• 4 weeks later...
hi apdmon, we have a group of 18 cruising on Aug. 1, 2011. We all are from Gastonia, NC and would love to see a pic of ship leaving, we will be on deck waving if we can be.

We were almost on the ship with you, but that darn price just would not drop! :D so, instead we will be on the sidelines taking pictures of you... Hope the rain holds out.

Enjoy your cruise!