Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

APDMOM, is the beach you're talking about by the Coast Guard station? I was on the

inaugural Miracle sailing, on the lift, when my niece called. Told me to go out on the

balcony, and they'd wave. I had no clue where they were, till we passed the Intracoastal,

and saw the little beach and there they were. They took our picture, but since her camera

was nothing like yours must be, you can barely see us.

I think it's great that you do this for people. My Women's Club is sailing Feb 24, but there

are only 2 posters on our roll call, which is different for me, most Roll Calls I've been on

are really active. (Princess and RCI).

Maybe a 4 day isn't long enough for people to get into a Roll Call.

Yes, that must be the same beach. :) We really enjoy going out there & watching the ship and helicopter drills. Are you going on Fascination in February?

Thanks so much for the great pics!! We will be sailing on Fascination on Oct. 25, 2010 and will be DD's first time getting to go on one that has had the waterworks upgrades so she will LOVE these pics! Our rooms are on starboard side so I can show everyone exactly where they are!

We're sailing Fascination on Oct 25.

I have posted the pictures of your departure on your roll call. Hope you had a fantastic cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1209815

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for such great pics! Sailing on her 11/08 and staying in an Aft Balcony on Upper....can't wait!!!

What great pics! Apdmom - you are one of the people who make CC great by doing something like this.:D It's neat to have a pic and be able to say, "I was onboard!"

Now if I can make it through the next 27 days at the office it will be my turn! November 8th sailing, here we come!!!:D

Hi, idiebabe & vacruizer,

Your pics are on your roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1118535&page=13

This is probably one of the last opportunities for the year, since it is getting dark so early. I will try a couple more times this month. :)

DSC_0035.jpg

I will be on the Nov 27th sailing. It will be the first trip for my grandaughters and their time ever to beach or on a ship. If you are around a pic would be wonderful! I know this is Thanksgiving weekend so maybe not a good time to ask.

Thanks for posting the wonderful pics

Will you be taking Pictures of the Nov. 22, 2010 sailing? We have an exchange student from Germany and I would love to maybe get a picture for him to take home. Love the ones you have taken so far!

Will you be taking Pictures of the Nov. 22, 2010 sailing? We have an exchange student from Germany and I would love to maybe get a picture for him to take home. Love the ones you have taken so far!

Hi, terri&roy,

Unfortunately, we will not be available that day - helping a friend. Hopefully someone on these boards will step up and post pics for you. We love exchange students. I was an exchange student in Germany, and really enjoy spending time with them since I had that experience.

I hope you have a great time with your student!

• 3 weeks later...
I will be on the Nov 27th sailing. It will be the first trip for my grandaughters and their time ever to beach or on a ship. If you are around a pic would be wonderful!

Didn't look through all the posts, but is Nov 27th a possibility?

Great pictures Thank You~I will be sailing 11/27 I think I read you will be taking pics then also, can't wait!

Welcome back! Your photo's are on the roll call for the 11/27/2010 sailing. Hope I captured some of you. If you would like to have the larger files, just let me know - I posted smaller pics this time.

I hope you had an awesome cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1215256&page=25

• 2 weeks later...
I just love it when this post comes back up, I love to see the next ship I'm sailing on. Only 141 more days to go, I need a vacation, I have planned and replanned the whole trip which will of course change the moment we get on board, but this time I swear I will be on the deck when we go under the bridge!, unless it's dinner time, and then I will have to wait until we get back and get up real early. Cruise date is 12/6, is it going to be too cold to be out taking pictures, and I guess you indicated it will probably be dark by the time we set sail. Maybe they have to wait for for tides to be just right? I hope you will be there with your camera, youa re a sweet heart!:)

Hi, Marshhawk! Hope you had a great cruise! Your pictures are posted on your roll call. It was a bit dark, so they are not that good, but still a nice souvenir :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1180988&page=27

• 4 weeks later...

I am so glad you started posting these pictures. We are taking grandboy on his first cruise 2/28 on the 5 day and I have been going round and round about the cabin. There are supposed to be balcony suites on the deck over the bridge in the front, some with obstructed balconys and some not. From your pictures it appears even the unobstructed would not meet wth DH's approval. Do you happen to have any other shots close to the front that show those balcony cabins? The only reason I really liked them is that they are on the same deck as Camp Carnival.

My DH loves to go to Port Everglades and take pictures of the ships going out. He doesn't get on CC but I will have to start posting some of his shots to the roll calls. They are not good enough/close enough to ID any one person but they would be fun to have.

I am so glad you started posting these pictures. We are taking grandboy on his first cruise 2/28 on the 5 day and I have been going round and round about the cabin. There are supposed to be balcony suites on the deck over the bridge in the front, some with obstructed balconys and some not. From your pictures it appears even the unobstructed would not meet wth DH's approval. Do you happen to have any other shots close to the front that show those balcony cabins?

Hi, McDebbie! Here are a couple that I have. I presume the 'obstructed view' is due to the lifeboats as you can see in the second picture. Hope this helps

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

APDMOM -- Thank you for doing what you do. I grew up in Jax but left for college in 1961 and now only visit occasionally. Don't even recognize it now.

Will it be too dark and/or cold for pics of the Jan 17 departure?

e-mail is tandemcruzr at bellsouth dot net

There is a roll call for the Jan 17 sailing, but we are not on it.

APDMOM -- Thank you for doing what you do. I grew up in Jax but left for college in 1961 and now only visit occasionally. Don't even recognize it now.

Hi, tandemcruzr, That day should be okay for pictures. It is getting a bit better every week. I will add you to my calendar & e-mail you some pictures. Enjoy planning & packing :)

Hi, tandemcruzr, That day should be okay for pictures. It is getting a bit better every week. I will add you to my calendar & e-mail you some pictures. Enjoy planning & packing :)

Thanks APDMOM -- we are hoping for good weather. Last January from Port Canaveral, we boarded the Dream while it was sleeting. :eek: Imagine that in Florida.

Hi, can you email me the picture with the dolphin in front from 11/27/2010. anamanx at yahoo dot com. You had posted it in our roll call sheet.

Thanks,

Annette

I sent them. Hope they get there & don't land in the spambox on the way :D

thanks again so much, we decided on the balcony cabin on the side instead of at the front thanks to your pictures. We are star board and will probably see you if you are taking pictures 2/28 but since this is grandboys first cruise I think we will be up on deck for sail away. Hey, maybe we will get a picture of YOU taking pictures of US. :D

• 2 weeks later...
My SIL is planning a surprise cruise for his family for 1/13/2011, if you are available for a photo op I will tell them where to stand so hopefully you can catch them..This will be their first cruise and what a neat thing to have..thanks so much for your willingness to do this for CC members..we all appreciate it immensely..

Hi, MEOWSMURPHY, I posted the pics on the 1/13/11 roll call. It is a very quiet roll call, so I'm not sure if your SIL posted there. Here is the link. Feel free to share the pics with them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=27521557&posted=1#post27521557

Hi, MEOWSMURPHY, I posted the pics on the 1/13/11 roll call. It is a very quiet roll call, so I'm not sure if your SIL posted there. Here is the link. Feel free to share the pics with them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=27521557&posted=1#post27521557

Thanks so much.,..I'll be sure to print them for the kids...appreciate your willingness to do this for everyone...

I'm sorry that we could not make it this time to take pics since it was too dark due to the rain. You will have to book another cruise :D

I too love this thread, espcially after cruising on the the fascination. Thank you so muhc for taking pictures for us, it gives us the excitement before the cruise and the memory of it when we get back. So everytime it comes up on page one I find I have to look again!

We will be on the 2/19 cruise. It's my Birthday!APDMOM do you think you could take pics of us? Your pictures are so beautiful. Do you do this as a professional or just a hobby? You have a great eye for a nice looking photo. What camera do you use?

Also does anyone know what deck is the "secret door"? Is it better to be out front or near the funnel when going under the bridge? I remember going under the bridge in Tampa but missed being on deck as we were in the dining room. I don't want to miss this one too.

Thanks!

OP: I think its awesome that you are doing this for people...any chance you would be able to get pics of the Feb 19th sailing? We are taking a family trip because my grandmother has always wanted to go to the bahamas, and it would be so neat to get a pic of our sailing.:cool: thanks

OP: I think its awesome that you are doing this for people...any chance you would be able to get pics of the Feb 19th sailing? We are taking a family trip because my grandmother has always wanted to go to the bahamas, and it would be so neat to get a pic of our sailing.:cool: thanks

LOL Great minds think alike! I just joined the roll call. I look forward to meeting you and hope you and your family have a great time. I wish my Grandmother would take a cruise but she has no desire.