Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

My SIL is planning a surprise cruise for his family for 1/13/2011, if you are available for a photo op I will tell them where to stand so hopefully you can catch them..This will be their first cruise and what a neat thing to have..thanks so much for your willingness to do this for CC members..we all appreciate it immensely..

I just love it when this post comes back up, I love to see the next ship I'm sailing on. Only 141 more days to go, I need a vacation, I have planned and replanned the whole trip which will of course change the moment we get on board, but this time I swear I will be on the deck when we go under the bridge!, unless it's dinner time, and then I will have to wait until we get back and get up real early. Cruise date is 12/6, is it going to be too cold to be out taking pictures, and I guess you indicated it will probably be dark by the time we set sail. Maybe they have to wait for for tides to be just right? I hope you will be there with your camera, youa re a sweet heart!:)

Is there any chance that you will be taking pictures of the August 2 sailing. My daughter will be on this cruise on her honeymoon and I would love to have pics!

Hi, kjeanne2001,

We will be on our own cruise that day (Alaska). Sorry I can't help this time. Enjoy your trip! :)

Luv 2 Float & Cheerose, I have you down on the calendar with a note to zoom in on the aft balconies :)

Happy sailing!

Hate to be a pest, but I also don't want to have to stand on my balcony waving like an idiot for an hour or so!! Can you give me an idea of where you'll be shooting your pix from and maybe a landmark so we can tell when we should be on the balcony and something we will see that we'll know we can safely say "ok, we're away from the cameras - we can move about the cabin now!"

Oct 7th 2010 is our date. Shortest cruise I have ever taken but we're taking advantage of my Monday holiday included in the dates of this sailing.

I can't remember where we stayed on our last cruise out of Jacksonville, but recommendations for a [Park, Sleep, Cruise type] hotel in the area it, would be helpful.

Thanks!

I can't remember where we stayed on our last cruise out of Jacksonville, but recommendations for a [Park, Sleep, Cruise type] hotel in the area it, would be helpful.

Closest hotel to the port is the Holiday Inn - Blount Island.

Didn't look through all the posts, but is Nov 27th a possibility? You're awesome to do this for people! I wish I lived close enough to a port so I could do the same... although, it would probably either depress me knowing I wasn't on the ship or cause me to book even more future cruises! :D

Hi, Everyone!

I have been on vacation for a couple of weeks. Sorry for the slow response. I have added requests for photo's to my calendar.

As for the location: We take the pictures from Mayport by the naval station. The cruise ship usually reaches our spot around 5:30. We are on the starboard side on a small beach. We park there with a red sedan, and I think you will clearly see me with my camera from the ship ... the river is somewhat narrow and you should be able to tell where we stand. I tried to post a Google map of our exact position before, but it was removed. So, hopefully you will not have to stand on the balcony too long. :)

I am not sure whether I will be able to get good pics for the winter sailings, as it gets dark around the time the ship comes by. I will try my best.

Happy planning!

APDMOM - you are the best!!! I may just have to come join you sometime! I can't take pictures like you can - but I do love to watch the ships sail :D The Fascination has a special place in my heart!

Have you done your Alaskan cruise yet??? If so, I need to pick your brain :D I want to do that in 2012!!!

Didn't look through all the posts, but is Nov 27th a possibility? You're awesome to do this for people! I wish I lived close enough to a port so I could do the same... although, it would probably either depress me knowing I wasn't on the ship or cause me to book even more future cruises! :D

Boo, we will be on the 27th and APDMOM has been so wonderful to say she would be there! Thanks again. you will love Alaska, I have pic link in my siggy. It is so amazing!

APDMOM - you are the best!!! I may just have to come join you sometime! I can't take pictures like you can - but I do love to watch the ships sail :D The Fascination has a special place in my heart!

Have you done your Alaskan cruise yet??? If so, I need to pick your brain :D I want to do that in 2012!!!

Hi, aubreysmom!

Yes, we just completed our Alaska Cruise. It was fantastic! It was the most expensive vacation we have ever taken, but worth it. I have started a few notes on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1251749

I will write a review later this week and post some info. If you have specific questions, I will be glad to try to answer them. Hope to see you at 'our spot' on the St. John's river sometime. It is on A1A about a mile before you get to the ferry. :)

Looking forward to my first cruise in 15 days!

Surpring my wife for her 40th birthday with her mom and dad, sister and husband, and two best friends and spouses joining us. She has no clue.

Can't wait.

Hi, aubreysmom!

Yes, we just completed our Alaska Cruise. It was fantastic! It was the most expensive vacation we have ever taken, but worth it. I have started a few notes on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1251749

I will write a review later this week and post some info. If you have specific questions, I will be glad to try to answer them. Hope to see you at 'our spot' on the St. John's river sometime. It is on A1A about a mile before you get to the ferry. :)

Thank you so much!!!:D I look forward to your review & hope to see you on the St. John's!!!

Thanks, APDMom, I just looked up a map on mapquest and I see where you're talking about, just before we leave the river and hit ocean, right? Are you nearer to the Ferry Terminal or the Mayport Tavern or are you down near the park? Just curious, I'm trying to pin it down as close as possible! And the time will be awesome, we can do sail away up on the lido and then come down to our cabin in plenty of time! Thanks again - we're so ready for this cruise!!

Thanks, APDMom, I just looked up a map on mapquest and I see where you're talking about, just before we leave the river and hit ocean, right? Are you nearer to the Ferry Terminal or the Mayport Tavern or are you down near the park? Just curious, I'm trying to pin it down as close as possible! And the time will be awesome, we can do sail away up on the lido and then come down to our cabin in plenty of time! Thanks again - we're so ready for this cruise!!

:D You are as thorough as I am... We are on A1A where it makes a sharp right turn by the airport. The coordinates are: 30∘ 22' 53.60" North and 81∘ 26' 19.10" West. If you type it in on Google Earth, you should be able to find the beach. Have fun searching :)