Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

I'm pretty sure that she will see these pics too, so if you don't mind going down to the beach on 12/6 and taking a picture and posting it, then I will always have a pic of our "sail away". Thanks Again! ( And Cheryl, HI! ):)

:) I have you on my calendar. Barring unforeseen circumstances, we will be there. It might be dark by then, but we will see. I'm also thankful for faithful friends - even ones I have never met in person...

apdmom, is the beach you go to, open to the public? I have only been to the city park under the Dames Point bridge to watch the ship leave/take pictures

Okay, let's try this... Here are a few screenshots of where we wait.

Here is the Google Map... Mayport Road is where we camp out :)

MayportRoad.jpg

The Yellow Pushpin marker is the spot where the small beach is:

CruiseShipBeach.jpg

Here is a larger shot that includes the Dames Point Bridge:

GoogleDamesPoint.jpg

THANKS to GOOGLE EARTH and GOOGLE MAPS for the images :D

THANKS to MAC for the ability to manipulate a Screen Shot SO easily! Double:D

We will be on her two weeks from today. Woo Hoo!!!! Thanks for the photos.

I will be taking Pics that day too. Another person on this thread will be on that cruise and I agreed to take pics if nothing comes up... As you can tell, I take most of the starboard side. Wave at us :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much for posting these! you made my kids day. They love looking at pics of "our" ship and there aren't very many out there. We sail 3 weeks from today! WOOT WOOT!!!

Hi, CCbaby817! I hope you are having/had an awesome cruise! I am posting your departure pics on your roll call for 6/12/2010. I hope I was able to capture you on one of them. :)

I will be on the Nov 27th sailing. It will be the first trip for my grandaughters and their time ever to beach or on a ship. If you are around a pic would be wonderful! I know this is Thanksgiving weekend so maybe not a good time to ask.

Thanks for posting the wonderful pics

I will be on the Nov 27th sailing. It will be the first trip for my grandaughters and their time ever to beach or on a ship. If you are around a pic would be wonderful! I know this is Thanksgiving weekend so maybe not a good time to ask.

Thanks for posting the wonderful pics

Not a problem. I have you down on my calendar. We are usually home for Thanksgiving and we always enjoy watching the ship :)

I will be cruising on this ship in Nov. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel and let me know if there are sites to be seen in Jacksonville. Our flight gets in early so we are renting a car....just not sure where to go and what to do.

Thanks, all suggestions are welcomed

I will be cruising on this ship in Nov. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel and let me know if there are sites to be seen in Jacksonville. Our flight gets in early so we are renting a car....just not sure where to go and what to do.

Thanks, all suggestions are welcomed

If you are renting a car, I would highly recommend driving down to St. Augustine - about 1 hour drive south of Jacksonville. It is one of the oldest cities in the US (The oldest continuously occupied) and has a lot of GREAT history. I would suggest a trolley tour of St. Augustine - you can hop on and hop off as much as you want. Visit the San Sebastian Winery (free, and on the route of the trolley). The Castillo de San Marco is also interesting if you can catch a guided tour ($5 to enter, but not guaranteed a guided tour - I think they are offered once every hour). I would recommend eating at Barnacle Bills (across the street from the visitor center) if you like seafood. We always eat there when we go down to St. Augustine. Hope this helps :) ]

APDMOM - your pictures are AMAZING! Thank you so much :D

Thank you, aubreysmom :)

We will be waving at the ship on July 10th too! My mom will be visiting from South Africa and she loves watching the ship even more than we do :D Barring unforeseen circumstances we will take pics again and post them on your roll call thread for you.

Thank you, aubreysmom :)

We will be waving at the ship on July 10th too! My mom will be visiting from South Africa and she loves watching the ship even more than we do :D Barring unforeseen circumstances we will take pics again and post them on your roll call thread for you.

Thank you so much! Have a great visit with your Mum :D

And I agree with your advice to Teriffic about St. Augustine. I love to eat at the A-1 Ale House - near the Bridge of Lions. We also enjoy the trolley tours too - every driver has his/her own stories to tell.

Thanks so much for your post. I have looked up St.Augustine and map quested it from Jax airport. One hour drive is no biggie. I think we will book in at the days Inn there and visit the old fort and tour the city.

Awesome suggestion. Thanks so much. My DH is excited as he loves history.

We will drive the car back to Jax airport and take a cab from there to the cruise port.

I am really looking forward to this now.

Thanks so much for the great pics!! We will be sailing on Fascination on Oct. 25, 2010 and will be DD's first time getting to go on one that has had the waterworks upgrades so she will LOVE these pics! Our rooms are on starboard side so I can show everyone exactly where they are!

I am excited because we live only an hour out of Jax but usually sail from Port Canaveral or Tampa so I will be sooo happy not to have to get up at 7am and drive for 3 hours to get to the ship!! I told my DH.."Wow, I can sleep til 10am and still be one the ship by noon!!!"

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the photo's. I'm booked on the Nov 27th sailing too.

I added your cc name to the calendar :) In stead of posting all pics here, I post them on the roll call of the particular sailing, so after your cruise you can find them there.

Happy sailing!