Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

:D You are as thorough as I am... We are on A1A where it makes a sharp right turn by the airport. The coordinates are: 30∘ 22' 53.60" North and 81∘ 26' 19.10" West. If you type it in on Google Earth, you should be able to find the beach. Have fun searching :)

AWESOME - found it!!! We'll see you next Saturday around 5:30 pm or so!! Thanks again for doing this!

My SIL is planning a surprise cruise for his family for 1/13/2011, if you are available for a photo op I will tell them where to stand so hopefully you can catch them..This will be their first cruise and what a neat thing to have..thanks so much for your willingness to do this for CC members..we all appreciate it immensely..

Sorry for the delay in reply... we just got back from a busy vacation :)

I have them on my calendar - it may be dark when they cruise by our spot - we'll see.

AWESOME - found it!!! We'll see you next Saturday around 5:30 pm or so!! Thanks again for doing this!

Hi, Luv 2 Float!

You got out of here just in time - major thunderstorm broke out after we took the pics :) I am posting them on your roll call for August 21 sailing.

APDMOM, thanks so much for starting this thread! After reading all the posts (and getting caught up in all the excitement!), I've decided to book a January cruise on the Fascination for DH, DS & me! :D

May I add our date to your ever-expanding list, once I decide and book it? :)

Thanks again! You have inspired me to take pictures from the Port of Tampa, which is only 20 minutes from our home. Need to get the Legend and Inspiration schedules and go check out some good photo-taking locations! :rolleyes:

My DH may get "mad" at you... for helping me find another cruise and a new "hobby"! LOL!!! :o

My DH may get "mad" at you... for helping me find another cruise and a new "hobby"! LOL!!! :o

:D It sure is a great hobby to have... I will gladly add you-just let me know when you are booked. I am not sure how the pictures will work out in the winter with the sun going down earlier, but we will see. :)

:D It sure is a great hobby to have... I will gladly add you-just let me know when you are booked. I am not sure how the pictures will work out in the winter with the sun going down earlier, but we will see. :)

Bummer! Our school district made some last-minute changes to the Calendar, so we won't be sailing the Fascination in January. :( We will be sailing the Inspiration, instead.

BUT, maybe in April... hee! hee! Keep up the good work! :)

Edited by CruiseVacationQueen

APDMOM, I love this thread!

My SO starts his contract on the Fascination today :( and I'm over here on the West Coast. I used to watch the Paradise sail away with him on it when he worked out here. Now you've givin me an opportunity to watch him sail away 3000 miles away. Thanks!!

I'll tell him about this thread and see if I can get him to wave from one of the decks for me when you are scheduled to take pics. LOL

Have fun with it! I should start a thread for the Paradise, but I can't get the same angle you do....I'd have to get out in my kayak. ;)

Looking forward to my first cruise in 15 days!

Surpring my wife for her 40th birthday with her mom and dad, sister and husband, and two best friends and spouses joining us. She has no clue.

Can't wait.

Hope you are enjoying the surprise cruise :) I posted photo's of your departure on the roll call for August 26th.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1211339

I'll be on her Aug 30. My co-worker leaves this up coming weekend on her. Hope you dont mind but I "borrowed" a pic for my back ground :)

I have posted pictures of your sailaway on your roll call for August 30th. Hope you had an awesome cruise despite Earl! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=25927079&posted=1#post25927079

I think what you do is fantastic! You don't happen to have a picture of the April 17th sailing, do you? I would love to have a pic of our sail-a-way.

Unfortunately, I did not start taking pics until May. You'll just have to go on another Fascination cruise :D

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on her on the above date. Would really appreciate if you could get pictures we have 3 very very excited newbies and 2 very very very excited veternans going. LOL Thank you hope it works out

Wife & I on going to be on the Sept. 13th cruise as well... both of us first-time cruisers.

Thanks for the pictures... especially the ones on the stern; since (as of now) we have one of the aft cabins dead-center of the ship (just above the SC in Fascination).

Hope your cruise was great and not too wild at sea :) I have posted your pictures on your roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=26121360&posted=1#post26121360

Only 19 days until the October 7 sailing to celebrate my parents' 60th wedding aniversary!!! :D Will you be available that day to take photos? My folks have the furthest back balcony cabin (U237) on the starboard side of Upper deck (2nd balconies from the bottom). Your photos are wonderful, APDMOM, thanks for sharing them! I could show my folks just where there cabin is located, and what the balcony looks like. (This is their very first balcony cabin in over 25 cruises!!) I will have them go out on it for sailaway until we get past the Mayport area. Turns out only a total of 5 of us from the family will be on that sailing :(, but those of us who are going plan on having a wonderful time!!!!

Edited by lambs2

Only 19 days until the October 7 sailing to celebrate my parents' 60th wedding aniversary!!! :D Will you be available that day to take photos? My folks have the furthest back balcony cabin (U237) on the starboard side of Upper deck (2nd balconies from the bottom). Your photos are wonderful, APDMOM, thanks for sharing them! I could show my folks just where there cabin is located, and what the balcony looks like. (This is their very first balcony cabin in over 25 cruises!!) I will have them go out on it for sailaway until we get past the Mayport area. Turns out only a total of 5 of us from the family will be on that sailing :(, but those of us who are going plan on having a wonderful time!!!!

I have you on my calendar :)

I have you on my calendar :)

Thanks so much APDMOM!!!! If a photo you take comes out OK I am planning to have it printed up as a keepsake for them. I am going to strongly "suggest" that they be out on their balcony for that part of the sailaway. However, I know we have early seating dinner and if we are held up and the Fascination leaves port later than the "usual" time, my folks (along with my disabled younger brother who will be sharing the cabin with them), will already be down to the dining room. Dining is a big event on cruises for them!:D

Marguerite

I love looking at these pictures. They are all wonderful. Just wondering if you would be taking photos in Feb.? We are booked on the Fascination sail date of Feb. 24, 2011 and would really love to have you take a photo for us also. We will try to be in the best location where we will be able to find ourselves in the photo, hopefully in our cabin, on the balcony.

Keep up the great work "hobby".

If a photo you take comes out OK I am planning to have it printed up as a keepsake for them.

Marguerite

After the cruise, if you see a photo you like, I will e-mail it to you for better quality/size. :)

Edited by APDMOM

We will be on the 1/3/11 sailing of the Fascination. Sure hope you're available then to snap one of us heading out!!

DJ

I love looking at these pictures. They are all wonderful. Just wondering if you would be taking photos in Feb.? We are booked on the Fascination sail date of Feb. 24, 2011 and would really love to have you take a photo for us also. We will try to be in the best location where we will be able to find ourselves in the photo, hopefully in our cabin, on the balcony.

Keep up the great work "hobby".

I have added you to our calendar. It is a bit far out, but we always do our best to get to the ship every time it leaves. As stated before, I don't know how the light/ time of day will be, but we will try. Happy planning for your cruises ;)