Which cabins on Monarch/Majesty/Sovereign on deck 8 are the least obstructed?

Which cabins on Monarch/Majesty/Sovereign on deck 8 are the least obstructed? Please list as many as possible for me! :D

The two just forward of the elevators are almost totally unobstructed on the starboard side from deck 9. I have pictures of the view from our window at http://community.webshots.com/user/dougp26364

The reason we were almost totally unobstructed was because there was no life boat there. I would assume that would leave the view pretty good for the room directly below us. Of course, you could just book the room we had on deck nine and be certain of the view.

You took great photos of the Monarch. They should hire you! We are leaving on the 4 night on March 14. From your photos, I can tell that the refurbishing has really made the Monarch a very lovely ship.

I had been asking about Foxploration on another thread but saw that you took the excursion. Can I get your thought on it? Thanks!

You took great photos of the Monarch. They should hire you! We are leaving on the 4 night on March 14. From your photos, I can tell that the refurbishing has really made the Monarch a very lovely ship.

I had been asking about Foxploration on another thread but saw that you took the excursion. Can I get your thought on it? Thanks!

It was an enjoyable shore excursion and worth doing at least once. If you've ever been to Universal Studio's you might be a little disappionted. It's not a very large studio but it has some nice sets from Titanic, Master and Commander and Planet of the Apes. The tour also shows you the behind the scenes workings of sound and visual effects.

It's a good tour but one I'd only do once. The problem with Ensenada is there really isn't much to do unless you like to play golf, see the blowhole, go to Foxplorations or get drunk in one of the bars in town.

We were on the Majesty last week with a large party. We had cabins 8026 - 8036. None of them were horribly obstructed. Our two cabins, 8032 and 8034, were not obstructed at all.

What you have to remember is that the lifeboats are above you so you can't look up. Deck 7 has outside deck all around it, deck 8 does not, so you are "set in" from the edge of the ship anyway. You can still see out just fine. I did not find that the "obstructed view" diminished my cruise experience at all.

We were on the Majesty last week with a large party. We had cabins 8026 - 8036. None of them were horribly obstructed. Our two cabins, 8032 and 8034, were not obstructed at all.

What you have to remember is that the lifeboats are above you so you can't look up. Deck 7 has outside deck all around it, deck 8 does not, so you are "set in" from the edge of the ship anyway. You can still see out just fine. I did not find that the "obstructed view" diminished my cruise experience at all.

That's a relief. I was thinking that maybe the window was completely covered by the lifeboat. :D Any other opinions on this?

I have had a cabin on deck 9 (9526 & 9514) of the Majesty twice. The lifeboats obsure the view below somewhat. I was curious about deck 8 and looked up during the muster. I don't think you can see straight out or up from some cabins but it looks like you can see down and out (the ocean) from all. I would go for it if it's substantially less than other oceanview options in the vicinity.

Archived