C&A Changes - Positive!

The US Crown & Anchor finally got it straightened out and yes indeed sometime soon (no commitment as to when) there will be a discount coupon in the booklet for everyone. She also said the US Crown & Anchor web site will be updated soon (again no commitment as to when) to reflect this discount.

Shak

The US Crown & Anchor finally got it straightened out and yes indeed sometime soon (no commitment as to when) there will be a discount coupon in the booklet for everyone. She also said the US Crown & Anchor web site will be updated soon (again no commitment as to when) to reflect this discount.

Shak

Very happy you finally managed to get the info you were looking for.:D

That's good they are wising up and alowing combined OBC. Now if they can just improve the cocktail parties and take them back to the old ways that would be great. Champagne is icky. I did recommend to the C&A representatives some months back that they should include "beer" as a choice since is is generally less expensive. The person I talked to thought it was an excellent idea and said they would forward it. Too bad it's still not "order what you want".

We are Australian customers and I was pleased to receive an email outlining the C&A changes until I read the details. On our upcoming cruise in September we have received a Balcony discount of AUD $312 (converted from US $200). Now I see that the Balcony and Suite discount has been increased to US $350 if you book more than 6 months out - sounds great except that for Australians the discount for exactly the same thing is now AUD $225 - actually a substantial decrease. I don't understand this at all and I wonder what is the situation for UK and European passengers. Have the changes been favourable to you?

Cheers

Cheryl

CBC - surely that must be down to the strength of the AUS $. Your currency has gained against most other currencies recently so the conversion rate back from $US to $AUS would not look as favourable. Be happy that you currency can buy much more abroad now and have a little sympathy for Sterling and Euroland whose currencies have been in freefall.

Teralin,

I'd be very happy if this was because of the strength of our dollar but it's not the case. Currently 1 Australian dollar is buying 81 cents US. This means that the AUD $225 balcony discount we are offered is equal to about $180 US.

Cheers

Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked another cruise, 5 nights, sailing after 1st May 2011 and I contacted RCI UK for them to apply C&A balcony discount.

They deny all knowledge of new benefits of 'onboard booking bonus' even if booked from home before 30th June plus the C&A Balcony and Suite discounts, especially the different values if the booking is made > 6 months before sail date.

They will only apply a balcony discount of £60 which equates to $100 at the old rate of 1.66 GBP to US$ and was what I got for our recent 4 night Adventure sailing.

Even if this the correct exchange rate, it should be £75 as the > 6 months balcony discount is now $125 for a sailing of up to 5 nights!

They deny all knowledge of the email sent by Adam Goldstein that I received on 4th June which actually shows a balcony discount of £84. Now even allowing for differences in exchange rates since 4th June, this cannot surely reduce to £60.

My friends in the US have been cancelling and rebooking their cruises and have got their OBC bonus and increased balcony discounts without problems, why is it so hard for us here in the UK?

I have tried to contact Crown and Anchor without success as the only telephone number is a 0844 which is not answered.:(

They deny all knowledge of new benefits of 'onboard booking bonus' even if booked from home before 30th June plus the C&A Balcony and Suite discounts, especially the different values if the booking is made > 6 months before sail date.

They deny all knowledge of the email sent by Adam Goldstein that I received on 4th June which actually shows a balcony discount of £84

I have tried to contact Crown and Anchor without success as the only telephone number is a 0844 which is not answered.:(

Now why does none of the above surprise me :rolleyes: Keep persevering Pete. It usually takes a few conversations with the UK office before they admit to anything - fortunately we have a fab TA who does it for us.

Please come back and let us know how you get on.

Just booked another cruise, 5 nights, sailing after 1st May 2011 and I contacted RCI UK for them to apply C&A balcony discount.

They will only apply a balcony discount of £60 which equates to $100 at the old rate of 1.66 GBP to US$ and was what I got for our recent 4 night Adventure sailing.

Even if this the correct exchange rate, it should be £75 as the > 6 months balcony discount is now $125 for a sailing of up to 5 nights!

They deny all knowledge of the email sent by Adam Goldstein that I received on 4th June which actually shows a balcony discount of £84. Now even allowing for differences in exchange rates since 4th June, this cannot surely reduce to £60.

My friends in the US have been cancelling and rebooking their cruises and have got their OBC bonus and increased balcony discounts without problems, why is it so hard for us here in the UK?

Hi Pete

I would recommend you call UK office again as I know that the agents were given a printed sheet with all the info with regard to the new C&A changes/discounts as soon as it all came out :D

Keep trying Pete - it took me quite a few phone calls last week to get the right discount when I booked the Mariner repo out of LA. They originally tried to palm me off with the equivalent of $200 which is the incorrect amount for a 16 day cruise anyway. The C&A office didn't have much of an idea and tried to make out the e-mail showing balcony discount amounts were in $. I finally went back to the main office number (don't all those options drive you mad!!!) and insisted that I had been given the wrong discount - someone listened, checked the correct amount due and I received a £220 cabin discount!!! You just have to convince them that you are correct and they aren't!!!

Cheers

Ken

Pete, whenever I contact crown & anchor I always use this phone number it gets me through straight away.

my niece used it today to change her details and also got straight through.

Jewel

Pete, whenever I contact crown & anchor I always use this phone number it gets me through straight away.

my niece used it today to change her details and also got straight through.

Jewel

Hi Jewel, thanks for the number, I'll store it for future reference.

We got a pamphlet this morning telling us all about the new changes. It was personalized to include our first names. Five diamond members in the house only two got one. But at least they did send one to the household. Kimberley

Archived