June 1st announcement

That is our beef in a nutshell. Why do they not see it?:(

The Blog response was just ridiculous and an insult to my intelligence. I bought the stock because they gave me incentive to do so and I own more than the required 100 shares.

This is true. They know they used that share ownership benefit as bait to get people to buy the stock...now they act like we should have bought it ONLY as an investment. Well...it WAS an investment in our future cruises. But they can't see fit to give us the $100 shopping bait (OBC) that was offered as a benefit to share ownership. I realize they have always said the offer can be withdrawn at any time. So...they only withdraw it from those who cruise in balconies. :mad: Unless of course those balcony cruisers have NEVER cruised with them before. Nice.......................NOT!

Gina

I haven´t followed all this for the last seven days, as I´ve been cruising;).

Not sure if this has been posted already, while the coupon books are not updated yet, they delivered the new coupons as a copy to the staterooms, and they even let you use the "old" Internet coupon ($10) plus the new 45 free minutes.

Pillow chocolates are back as well:D

Oh and guess who´s onboard with his family....

A.G.;)

I go back to what I already said. Let us combine 2 benefits. ANY two. (including stockholders) From home or on a ship. That would have been so easy. So, so easy for everyone to understand. This new policy is not thought out well at all. Shocker!!!!

If they care so little about their stockholders just wait till we all start dumping our stock.

E-Beth

Absolutley agreed E-Beth, I already dumped the stock. :D but I should add, that was another benefit taken away. My cruise mate also is a diamond and a stock holder and since they wont let both of us use the benefit in one cabin, it wasn't worth tying up the $

In thinking about it, from a business point of view, I'm understanding why they are giving the extra benefit for booking onboard and way way ahead of time.

It's like a car salesman: bird in hand and you're the bird onboard the ship - and the salesman (AG) doesn't want to let you get away so he offers a cash incentive if you'll book right then.

Another reason is that RCL is acting like a bank. If they get your money in hand 6 or 10 months ahead of the cruise, they get to bank the money and gain interest...and when you're talking big money, they get much bigger interest - like the scion of Omaha - even in these times he was able to eke out 10% interest from GoldmanSachs...so if you're talking millions or who knows - with that many ships - maybe a billion - AG must be getting a pretty good interest rate on the deposits.

My days of booking way ahead of time are over though. There are so many empty cabins, and so many reductions in price, and so many cancellations in this economy that it's worth it for me to wait until after final payment. I dont book aft cabins, which might be a different story; just a nice balcony (clean, not smelly) is fine for me.

Chocolates back on the pillows !!! Great improvement.

Which reminds me, on the last RCL cruise in December, my cabin steward apologized because they weren't allowed to make towel animals anymore -could you believe it? (but some showed up anyway :) and you cant help but smile when you see them.:)

I'd be very surprised if they post it or respond though. Adam's answer to the first question after that blog was POOR. Or it was so true that it made it obvious that their price protection guarantee is worthless.

I have a final payment due on Sunday. I'm inclined to call and have them do a cancellation and re-booking on the spot so I can have my 48 hour guarantee back. I booked it 3 days ago so it's already expired. :mad:

Gina

hummmm.... you just gave me an idea, thanks ;)

Not sure if this has been posted already, while the coupon books are not updated yet, they delivered the new coupons as a copy to the staterooms, and they even let you use the "old" Internet coupon ($10) plus the new 45 free minutes.

A.G.;)

Hi Gunnar, hope you are having a great time. Have you seen Reyno?

Can you tell if A.G. and family are having a robust time?

A.G.;)

I wonder if he was able to combine a balcony discount with a C&A savings certificate.

I wonder if he got towel animals every night.

I read somewhere on the boards that they stopped towel animals but we just got off a 9 night Explorer cruise and we had more towel animals than usual......practically every single night! Some were new ones that I never even saw before.....very cute! LOL

Patty

I read somewhere on the boards that they stopped towel animals but we just got off a 9 night Explorer cruise and we had more towel animals than usual......practically every single night! Some were new ones that I never even saw before.....very cute! LOL

Patty

Good, my kids love the towel animals and they are teenage boys.

I don't care about Stock credits-- I just want to bring on my own bottled water & soft drinks!

You can bring on your own bottled water and soft drinks. We always bring some water to keep in the cabin. We need it in the morning to take meds. We're not soda drinkers but we've taken a 6 pack of soda in the past as well to leave in the cabin. Last time we took soda we didn't even drink it and just gave the 6 pack to the cabin attendant. We really don't need to bring soda but water is a must! LOL We're big water drinkers.

Archived