June 1st announcement

Almost back to where we were. RCL must have lost many Diamond member business during Adam's fiasco. Don't allow him to get his hands on this program.

Haven't been on RCL since the changes were made last year. Found Princess to be my cruise line of choice and probably will not be coming back until the Voyager is in New Orleans.

Patti,

I hate to see Dawn lose out on the $150 OBC from booking in June. I hope she reads the boards again so she can call and change her reservation.

The reps should have known that she can't do that and I don't want her to find out when she sends it in to get applied and they tell her she can't combine.

Why don't they just let us combine any 2 benefits that we want - that would certainly simplify things.

Patty

I could not agree with more. The new program allows you to once again combine at least two benefits...........BUT, you have to be on a ship to do it. :eek:

The folks that book from home............are screwed again.:mad:

I do how that Dawn comes back and sees our replies to her. She's not gonna be happy if she doesn't return.

We are in the UK and after reading what some USA roll call fellow passengers were saying about the June 1st C&A announcement logged onto the UK RCI website. No information was available so I rang them. What was explained to me beggers belief and to me is very elitest towards USA passengers, making UK and European ones second rate citizens.

Firstly it appears that they have changed the goalpost once again and to obtain Platinum status we have to get 6 cruise awards - not 5 which took us a while to obtain. Forget what is told to the USA members - we are not the same. When I asked what the new discounts for staterooms was I was told they would always be in US Dollars, even though UK cruise prices are in UK Sterling. So depending on the current exchange rate, UK folks will get either the maximum sterling equivalent as of 1st June or if the rate changes in the USA favour we will get less - never more. Therefore, if the exchange rate rises to 2009 highs we will get around 30% less discount.

Like other things with American owned cruise lines, such as European deposits, sometimes as high as 10% of cruise fare, are NOT refundable - we are once again second rate citizens. By the time cruises are relaesed to the UK market, always after the USA, then most of the good staterooms have been booked by folks who have done the same on perhaps 10 other cruises knowing that they will get their deposit back if they want too. Shame on ALL American owned cruise lines.

I opted to get the more discount and as we are sailing the explorer there have been very few price decreases after final payment that I took the chance.

We just got back from a HORRIBLE cruise on the Adventure of the Seas. I was getting emails from my TA about the whole crappy experience and at the end of his last email today he said:

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE!!!! - Royal Caribbean has changed their policy and now rates will not be adjusted after final payment if they drop nor will they make up the difference in an onboard credit. They have changed their policy to be in line with other cruise lines which will not make any price reduction changes after final payment. I just wanted you to be aware of this for any future bookings.

:mad:

We just got back from a HORRIBLE cruise on the Adventure of the Seas. I was getting emails from my TA about the whole crappy experience and at the end of his last email today he said:

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE!!!! - Royal Caribbean has changed their policy and now rates will not be adjusted after final payment if they drop nor will they make up the difference in an onboard credit. They have changed their policy to be in line with other cruise lines which will not make any price reduction changes after final payment. I just wanted you to be aware of this for any future bookings.

If you booked a cruise prior to the change on May 17, you are still eligible for any/all price reductions up until 72 hours of sailing.

The rules after May 17 are quite confusing. You may want to go to the RCI website and where it says "Quick Vacation Search"there is a circle that says Best Price Guarantee. Click on "Learn More" and you it will give you details of the new program. Maybe you'll understand it better than most of us do.

Firstly it appears that they have changed the goalpost once again and to obtain Platinum status we have to get 6 cruise awards - not 5 which took us a while to obtain.

I have just checked the UK C&A Website and it states on there after 5 completed cruise credits you become Platinum ...so whoever you spoke to made a mistake. I think I know why they made this mistake, it is due to wrong wording on information sent out with regard to the recent changes to C&A.

So please call them back and direct them to their own website where it clears states...5 completed cruise credits.

So if you have 5 credits ...you are Platinum !! :D

I have just checked the UK C&A Website and it states on there after 5 completed cruise credits you become Platinum ...so whoever you spoke to made a mistake. I think I know why they made this mistake, it is due to wrong wording on information sent out with regard to the recent changes to C&A. .......;.

:D

Imagine that Liz, an RCI spokesperson misspoke? Whodathunk?:D

Imagine that Liz, an RCI spokesperson misspoke? Whodathunk?:D

Scary isnt it Bill :eek::D Hopefully someone will sort it out in the UK office quickly.

I had to contact UK C&A the other day as my name was incorrect on my C&A account...nice girl said no problem will sort it out now.....later my US TA checked and guess what..it was wrong again. Thankfully my US TA was able to get it all sorted out.

There are some wonderful people who work in the RCCL offices but drat there are some who haven't a clue about cruising...not a darn clue.:(

Did you get your email or call yet? I didnt :(

I have read all the info on the C&A changes and also called C&A last night to book a cruise.. Unfortunately the woman I spoke with had no knowledge of what goes with what etc.. I am calling back the D desk today.

Is our D discount for a 7 day cruise in a JS $250 up from $200?

There is a $150 saving certificate, can I combine with the D discount?

Doing the onboard booking for the June offering from home gives me $100 OBC and $250 D discount for a total of $350-

I would rather do the $250 D discount and the $150 savings cert total $400

Has anyone asked this? :confused: I was told by the woman I spoke with that you can't combine D discount and savings certificate. She was confused and making me confused so I booked it and thought I would call today to hopefully speak with someone more knowledgable

I have read all the info on the C&A changes and also called C&A last night to book a cruise.. Unfortunately the woman I spoke with had no knowledge of what goes with what etc.. I am calling back the D desk today.

Is our D discount for a 7 day cruise in a JS $250 up from $200?

There is a $150 saving certificate, can I combine with the D discount?

Doing the onboard booking for the June offering from home gives me $100 OBC and $250 D discount for a total of $350-

I would rather do the $250 D discount and the $150 savings cert total $400

Has anyone asked this? :confused: I was told by the woman I spoke with that you can't combine D discount and savings certificate. She was confused and making me confused so I booked it and thought I would call today to hopefully speak with someone more knowledgable

I didn't realize that there was a Diamond Desk...........thought it was only D+, but hey if it works go for it.:D

You can not combine two $$$ off discounts . You can combine the OBC and either the balcony discount or the C&A Savings Certificate.

This is a special promo just for June where you will get the OBC and another benefit when booking from home. Your sail date must be May of 2011 or later and you will pay the Full Deposit.

All the balcony discounts increased when booking on board. I don't think that's the case when booking from home beginning in July.

I did mean the D+ desk!!

THANK YOU PATTI. I am guessing they are encouraging onboard booking and allowing the combo of the D+ discount and OBC. It must have been my wishful thinking that we could combine Sav certificates and D discounts..:o That would be just tooo good!

I did mean the D+ desk!!

THANK YOU PATTI. I am guessing they are encouraging onboard booking and allowing the combo of the D+ discount and OBC. It must have been my wishful thinking that we could combine Sav certificates and D discounts..:o That would be just tooo good!

Lol, I figured it was the slip of the fingers.

Thanks for the "heads up" on the new policy. Yes, they have been busy in Miami while you were out to sea on your crappy cruise.

Dawn,

Where are you???? Please come back and read our responses about the Shareholder OBC. I responded on this thread and also on the "Explorer Thread". I know your usually on but haven't seen you since you posted the other day.

Patty

How do the Celebrity and RCCL programs connect? If I go up one level in Celebrity do I automatically go the next level with RCCL too?

Thanks,

Marion

While you can't combine cruises on both lines to move up a level, if you quality for a higher level on one line, the other will move you up as well, i. e. if you make diamond on RCCL, you will become an Elite on X and vice versa.

I don't believe there is any level of Celebrity that will get you to Diamond Plus. Anyone know for sure?

Currently the top tier in the Captain's Club is Elite so if you are D/D+ on RCI you would automatically qualify for Elite benefits on X.

OK something happened to my paste????

dotted_line.gifspacer.gif Elite Member Benefits* (After 10 earned tier credits)**

• Complimentary use of the Loyalty Desk member service center between cruises • Complimentary access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise • A premium onboard discount booklet filled with special offers during each cruise • Complimentary custom air request when booking your cruise • Pre-sailing specialty restaurant reservations available before your cruise • Annual member reunion cruises which include member events and discounts • One category upgrade prior to sailing (when available) • Complimentary online Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information • Priority embarkation while boarding the ship • Invitation to a complimentary wine seminar event • Priority status on the shore excursion waitlist • Invitation to the exclusive Senior Officer's Cocktail Party • Access to the private shipboard departure lounge with continental breakfast during disembarkation • Priority tender service status • Priority waitlist status for dining room seating • Invitation to attend the Elegant Tea Service event • Complimentary use of the Thalassotherapy Pool. (Celebrity Mercury only - when the ship is in port) • Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Tier

Archived