June 1st announcement

Just called C&A and talked with Kerry. She apologized for the wording on the C&A website , but they did not take Preferred Seating in the MDR away from Diamond Plus Members.

When you make a booking your dining request will be entered as it always has in the past and if you book early, you will get preferred seating at the dining time you requested. If you book late and the preferred seating is filled, then you are put on a priority wait list.

Preferred Seating has not changed and they did not take it away. they just didn't word it correctly.

should I start laughing now?:rolleyes:

The deal breaker for me is that RCL took away the Preferred seating in the dining room for diamond plus. If I am not garenteed which MDR seating I get I will look elsewhere. The dining room is one of most enjoyable aspects of a cruise.
Do you expect the new cruiseline, where you have no status, is going to guarantee you your preferred seating?

What makes you think they are going to follow their own rules this time? I bet it won't be long until we heard about someone being upgraded to an OS.

As long as they actually give out the upgrades.:rolleyes: I've been the top cruiser too many times to count and even though the right number of cabins were available haven't been offered an upgrade. Now don't get me wrong......I have enjoyed the upgrades received but I wish they would be more consistent and give the upgrades as promised. However having been given Owners Suites in the past......will a Grand Suite be as grand???:p;):)

should I start laughing now?:rolleyes:

I would wait..........until you board the ship and every employee from the room steward down to the dining room staff all carry 3 ring binders that has all the updated information, corrections, revisions and time lines.

Excuse me sir..........now did you book before or after May 17th?? Was that after the June 1 announcment? Was that after the January announcement?:D:rolleyes:

I would wait..........until you board the ship and every employee from the room steward down to the dining room staff all carry 3 ring binders that has all the updated information, corrections, revisions and time lines.

Excuse me sir..........now did you book before or after May 17th?? Was that after the June 1 announcment? Was that after the January announcement?:D:rolleyes:

You didn't hear, everyone is going to be given a badge to wear with all their information on it and they have to wear it 24/7.:p

You didn't hear, everyone is going to be given a badge to wear with all their information on it and they have to wear it 24/7.:p

RC would still have to interpret your badge and hope the proof readers got it right;):p

Do it with the same person. I just had a C&A balcony discount added to a previously booked cruise. She offered to cancel and rebook me into the exact same cabin which would have increased my discount by $50 more. I opted to stick with my original booking since it's likely there will be a senior or resident discount of greater value within 2 months of final payment day - which I will qualify for based on reservation date. It's a gamble but I took it.

But yes...just do it right then with the person you cancel with so you don't have to worry about losing your cabin if you want the one you now have.

Gina

Ok, so I called to cancel and re-booked my cruise for September 2001 and the guy at first said the OBC announced on June 1st was only for new bookings. Of course I said, no that is not what I have been told. Anyway, he canceled my cruise and re-booked but he said he would not know if I got the $100 OBC until after June 30th because that is when it will be applied. Has anyone else been told that? I am afraid I wil wait until then find out it wasn't applied and then it will be too late to book from home. What should I do?

Actually you can... you can use a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon on the same can of peas! You can do this just about anywhere: Target, CVS, Grocery store, etc.!!!

[quote. You can't go to the store and combine coupons on a can of peas.

Ok, so I called to cancel and re-booked my cruise for September 2001 and the guy at first said the OBC announced on June 1st was only for new bookings. Of course I said, no that is not what I have been told. Anyway, he canceled my cruise and re-booked but he said he would not know if I got the $100 OBC until after June 30th because that is when it will be applied. Has anyone else been told that? I am afraid I wil wait until then find out it wasn't applied and then it will be too late to book from home. What should I do?

This gets more intriguing (and confusing) with every phone call.......it shouldn't be this hard........or one would think.........I have no idea at this point what to tell you.

I know what to advise you: call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell him/her that on 6/1/10 there was a huge number of cancellations and rebookings to get the obc, and you know this for a fact. (I had my TA do this with THREE cruises). Tell them they can't do a bait and switch with some passengers, but give the deal to others.

I also called the D+ desk at Crown and Anchor and SPECIFICALLY asked if I could do this, was told yes, and asked my TA to do so.

Good luck.

Yes the information you were given is correct. On June 30th they will check the bookings to verify they qualify and then the obc will go on.

I had my US TA cancel and rebook my Voyager cruise for May 21st 2011 and she was told the same thing by RCCL & C&A.

Yes the information you were given is correct. On June 30th they will check the bookings to verify they qualify and then the obc will go on.

I had my US TA cancel and rebook my Voyager cruise for May 21st 2011 and she was told the same thing by RCCL & C&A.

I was told the OBC would be applied within 48 hours.

hahahaha...........that's a good one! LOL:D:D:D I believe that might be the only way for them to keep this all straight! :rolleyes:

Patty

If you don't produce the proper credentials you are immediately deported from the Nation of Why Not.

That is fine. As a shareholder, I want RCI to raise rates 10% across the board. The average cruiser will not notice and those that do complain about prices as it is. Some will go away but that is ok.

As a shareholder, R. Fain answers to the board and to me. Allowing the combinability of discounts makes zero sense. You can't go to the store and combine coupons on a can of peas.

Adam Goldstein admits it was a mistake to ever allow it and I am so pleased it stopped.

Who died and left you in charge; read the post.:eek:

I also called and rebook and had to educated my reservation tech! I guess they dont read CC or they would know all the current info:p! I opted to get the more discount and as we are sailing the explorer there have been very few price decreases after final payment that I took the chance. Last Explorer cruise price doubled! DD was very excited with the news as they are taking this cruise for their 10th anniversary, taking the twins so money is tight and the OBC of $150 sure helps. I opted to not take it as I will use the shareholders that is $50 more. Thanks for all your help!

I also called and rebook and had to educated my reservation tech! I guess they dont read CC or they would know all the current info:p! I opted to get the more discount and as we are sailing the explorer there have been very few price decreases after final payment that I took the chance. Last Explorer cruise price doubled! DD was very excited with the news as they are taking this cruise for their 10th anniversary, taking the twins so money is tight and the OBC of $150 sure helps. I opted to not take it as I will use the shareholders that is $50 more. Thanks for all your help!

Dawn,

Please double check on that shareholder OBC...........I don't think you can use it with the balcony discount. Look into it now so that you can at least get the $150 OBC.

Patty

Dawn,

Please double check on that shareholder OBC...........I don't think you can use it with the balcony discount. Look into it now so that you can at least get the $150 OBC.

Patty

Patty is correct, if you have applied for your Shareholder OBC that is the only benefit you can have. You can not combine a balcony discount or a C&A savings coupon with the OBC from Shareholder Benefits.:mad:

Patty is correct, if you have applied for your Shareholder OBC that is the only benefit you can have. You can not combine a balcony discount or a C&A savings coupon with the OBC from Shareholder Benefits.:mad:

Patti,

I hate to see Dawn lose out on the $150 OBC from booking in June. I hope she reads the boards again so she can call and change her reservation.

The reps should have known that she can't do that and I don't want her to find out when she sends it in to get applied and they tell her she can't combine.

Why don't they just let us combine any 2 benefits that we want - that would certainly simplify things.

Patty

Archived