June 1st announcement

I thought the new benefits package was a fantastic improvement to what they did to their C&A members on January 1, 2009. At least now you can combine benefits when booking on board and purchasing a NC has benefits attached to it once again.

They increased the balcony discount for D/D+ pax so it is an advantage to book early.

They have given us better benefits on board with the Coupon Book...........especially the free internet minutes, 20% reduction on internet packages and one free bag of laundry.

I just don't understand what will make people happy anymore.:(

Everything free!!:eek::D

Me, too, Patti. But, I'm still rooting for your shareholder credit combine to come back. :D

I have noticed that with some people (my recent long moving experience with my MIL reinforced this for me) the glass is always half empty. I'm a half full kind of gal.

From A. Goldstein Blog:

Second, some of our shareholders who are Crown & Anchor members are displeased that the shareholder benefit cannot be used together with Crown & Anchor discounts, including the new onboard booking bonus. We are sorry that this is the case but we cannot modify our approach in this area. In order for the onboard booking bonus to be as robust as possible and to be used together with the Crown & Anchor discounts, we could not allow the shareholder discount to also be used together with it. Please bear in mind that the reason to own our stock is that you believe the stock represents a good investment in connection with your personal investing strategy. The cruise benefit is a nice opportunity to have, if applicable, but not a reason to own the stock.

From A. Goldstein Blog:

Second, some of our shareholders who are Crown & Anchor members are displeased that the shareholder benefit cannot be used together with Crown & Anchor discounts, including the new onboard booking bonus. We are sorry that this is the case but we cannot modify our approach in this area. In order for the onboard booking bonus to be as robust as possible and to be used together with the Crown & Anchor discounts, we could not allow the shareholder discount to also be used together with it. Please bear in mind that the reason to own our stock is that you believe the stock represents a good investment in connection with your personal investing strategy. The cruise benefit is a nice opportunity to have, if applicable, but not a reason to own the stock.

It sounds as if he thinks we want to add it on as a third benefit. What he doesn't seem to understand is that many times we are NOT on a cruise and would like to book it using our C&A discount AND use the shareholders OBC INSTEAD of the on board OBC. We aren't on the ship either way so allowing us the shareholders OBC isn't doing anything at all to take away from the loyalty ambassador's bookings. Many of us aren't even using a TA when we book at home so no one is even getting a commission. This does nothing to diminish how "robust" the on board booking program is.

The benefit of owning the stock was greater when we bought the stock. A part of OUR investment strategy was to own stocks that paid out dividends. RCI stopped doing this since we bought the stock. Carnival DIDN'T. We bought 100 shares of each. And we now own more than 100 shares of Carnival due to dividend reinvestment.

So....Adam's excuse is just that.

Maybe some people have made the mistake of emailing them and asking for a complete combinability again of ALL benefits like it used to be. I think asking that would be too much. I don't think allowing one OBC of any kind to be used with one C&A benefit, either coupon or balcony discount, is asking too much.

Gina

I posted here earlier that I re-booked my cruise for September 2011 on Freedom with RC and the person told me that I could not get the $100 OBC added as this was just for new bookings. Well, yesterday I received an updated invoice in email showing the $100 OBC as well as the Platinum balcony discount. Yeah!!! I am happy now, but I guess the only thing that will make me unhappy is if the price goes down more than $50 per person after final payment. I had booked way before May 17th.;) Oh well, guess I can't expect to be happy all the time LOL.

From A. Goldstein Blog:

Thanks for posting this..........but he still doesn't get it.

It's great if you are on a cruise once a month. But we cruise twice a year, spring and fall, like many others..............if I want to book from home...........I'm screwed because I'm not entitled to the same benefits that those on a ship are entitled to.:(

It sounds as if he thinks we want to add it on as a third benefit. What he doesn't seem to understand is that many times we are NOT on a cruise and would like to book it using our C&A discount AND use the shareholders OBC INSTEAD of the on board OBC. We aren't on the ship either way so allowing us the shareholders OBC isn't doing anything at all to take away from the loyalty ambassador's bookings. Many of us aren't even using a TA when we book at home so no one is even getting a commission. This does nothing to diminish how "robust" the on board booking program is.

The benefit of owning the stock was greater when we bought the stock. A part of OUR investment strategy was to own stocks that paid out dividends. RCI stopped doing this since we bought the stock. Carnival DIDN'T. We bought 100 shares of each. And we now own more than 100 shares of Carnival due to dividend reinvestment.

Maybe some people have made the mistake of emailing them and asking for a complete combinability again of ALL benefits like it used to be. I think asking that would be too much. I don't think allowing one OBC of any kind to be used with one C&A benefit, either coupon or balcony discount, is asking too much.

Gina

We talked with the lady that called in response to our email. We only asked for it to be combined with 1 other benefit........same thing stated here, we could book from home and therefore can not have the 2 benefits as those that book on board. We only cruise Spring and Fall also.

She understood what we were saying and nothing so far is happening but she took note of our suggestion........:D

It's great if you are on a cruise once a month. But we cruise twice a year, spring and fall, like many others..............if I want to book from home...........I'm screwed because I'm not entitled to the same benefits that those on a ship are entitled to.:(

EXACTLY!!!! It's that simple. How does he think this would at all affect the "robust" on board booking program? It doesn't!

Gina

This is the sentence from his blog that gives me a chuckle..

"The cruise benefit is a nice opportunity to have, if applicable, but not a reason to own the stock".

OK, then why did they offer the OBC for being a shareholder in the first place? Wasn't it an incentive to get people to buy stock?

This is the sentence from his blog that gives me a chuckle..

"The cruise benefit is a nice opportunity to have, if applicable, but not a reason to own the stock".

OK, then why did they offer the OBC for being a shareholder in the first place? Wasn't it an incentive to get people to buy stock?

And it's still "applicable" as he puts it if you book anything less than a balcony. And those who book a balcony are STILL spending far more for their room in the vast majority of cases even with the C&A balcony discount. So why not apply it to all cabins?

Gina

Check out this web page: I think I saw a couple of speakers from Royal

http://events.eyefortravel.com/tds/index.php/agenda-overview/sales-management

Sales Structure Part Two: Sales Priorities

• How is key account management changing? And why?
  • Pinpoint the best accounts to target and understand why the timing of your approach is all-important
  • Increase sales in ways that are unrelated to rate and price
  • Develop ways to target and manage discount sales whilst protecting your long-term rates
  • Learn how to make sure your sales team works for you - not directly for the client
  • Stop ring-fencing the best accounts: How can you promote loyalty but also expansion and cooperation in this high pressure environment?

Anyway the topics being discussed say a lot about why AG has a blog, why Shrek, why people are hearing back from social media postings, why they might want to D/C the price drops after final...etc. Look through all the topics, it's interesting!

I thought the new benefits package was a fantastic improvement to what they did to their C&A members on January 1, 2009. At least now you can combine benefits when booking on board and purchasing a NC has benefits attached to it once again.

They increased the balcony discount for D/D+ pax so it is an advantage to book early.

They have given us better benefits on board with the Coupon Book...........especially the free internet minutes, 20% reduction on internet packages and one free bag of laundry.

But they had to do all that: they were alienating their loyal, repeat customers. They made a dumb move and had to correct it.

And it's still "applicable" as he puts it if you book anything less than a balcony. And those who book a balcony are STILL spending far more for their room in the vast majority of cases even with the C&A balcony discount. So why not apply it to all cabins?

Gina

YES! :D

We always book a balcony and so can only have 1 benefit, we explained this exact subject to the RCL lady that called us............so we definitely made that point, whether they listen now we have to wait and see???:confused::confused: We as a balcony passenger get 1 benefit!

Just send in your emails and let them know, maybe enough of us will make a difference. We did that and got a call back the next day.

YES! :D

We always book a balcony and so can only have 1 benefit, we explained this exact subject to the RCL lady that called us............so we definitely made that point, whether they listen now we have to wait and see???:confused::confused: We as a balcony passenger get 1 benefit!

Just send in your emails and let them know, maybe enough of us will make a difference. We did that and got a call back the next day.

I had my email all set to go and was just tweaking it a bit when I saw what was posted on his blog.

Now it might not sound so sweet.:eek:

It seems they've also changed the allowed beverages (which is basically nothing)

You can bring water and sodas, and they will get onboard. They crack down during Spring Break.

Your avatar is so cute, and I noticed that you mentioned that you use a walker. I am about at that point right now, until I can have my other hip replaced. I just wanted to say that I sympathize. It is a PIA. Best of luck to you. :D:):D

Gina

Have you posted your comment on his blog? Maybe his employee who reads the responses might pass it along :confused: If you haven't done so, wouldn't hurt to give it a try :)

Have you posted your comment on his blog? Maybe his employee who reads the responses might pass it along :confused: If you haven't done so, wouldn't hurt to give it a try :)

I emailed them about this on June 1. I never heard anything. Maybe I should try responding to his blog. I'll think about it. :)

(ok, I did it.)

Gina

I go back to what I already said. Let us combine 2 benefits. ANY two. (including stockholders) From home or on a ship. That would have been so easy. So, so easy for everyone to understand. This new policy is not thought out well at all. Shocker!!!!

If they care so little about their stockholders just wait till we all start dumping our stock.

E-Beth

Repetition sometimes is good :)

I'd be very surprised if they post it or respond though. Adam's answer to the first question after that blog was POOR. Or it was so true that it made it obvious that their price protection guarantee is worthless.

I have a final payment due on Sunday. I'm inclined to call and have them do a cancellation and re-booking on the spot so I can have my 48 hour guarantee back. I booked it 3 days ago so it's already expired. :mad:

Gina

EXACTLY!!!! It's that simple. How does he think this would at all affect the "robust" on board booking program? It doesn't!

Gina

That is our beef in a nutshell. Why do they not see it?:(

The Blog response was just ridiculous and an insult to my intelligence. I bought the stock because they gave me incentive to do so and I own more than the required 100 shares.

Archived