June 1st announcement

Looks like there are a lot of happy folks here and most probably a lot of people who jumped cruise line last year b/c of some free booze will return "home"

Unless those people like what the found where they went. It is not a good busoness practice to give your customers a reason to try the competition.

There are promotion codes in the email that you have to enter Mary. They are in the fine print and based on the length of the cruise for the OBC. :D:):D

~Patti

Does anyone know where in the online booking process on the RCCL website you enter these codes? I've been trying to find a place to enter the codes for awhile now - I want to make sure I get the OBC.

When I called reservations they had no idea what I was talking about. They should read cruise critic!

Thanks!

Ok, dumb question that's probably been answered, but if we book a cruise using this promotion for, say, Jan 11, and need to change it to March 11, what happens? Is there a penalty? I'd love to use this promotion, and think we want to go on the Jan 02, 11 Adventure sailing, but we really can't plan that far ahead based on work schedules. What to do???? I trust CC experts more than the folks at RCI customer service!

Ok, dumb question that's probably been answered, but if we book a cruise using this promotion for, say, Jan 11, and need to change it to March 11, what happens? Is there a penalty? I'd love to use this promotion, and think we want to go on the Jan 02, 11 Adventure sailing, but we really can't plan that far ahead based on work schedules. What to do???? I trust CC experts more than the folks at RCI customer service!

Doesn't the promotion apply to sailings departing on, or after, May 2011?

Doesn't the promotion apply to sailings departing on, or after, May 2011?

Well, now I got so excited I didn't read ALL the fine print, and that clearly solves my problem! :o Thanks!

But I guess I'd like to know anyway what would happen if I booked for June, 2011, and needed to change to, say, November, 2011.

Does anyone know where in the online booking process on the RCCL website you enter these codes? I've been trying to find a place to enter the codes for awhile now - I want to make sure I get the OBC.

When I called reservations they had no idea what I was talking about. They should read cruise critic!

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, it's on the bottom of the payment page. There will be a blank asking for any coupons you want to apply. If you go through the whole process scrolling to the bottom of the page, you will eventually see it.

Gina

:p:p

OK...now, my FB peeps seem to think I know everything, and they are asking why the discount is different for +/- 6 months out???

Makes no difference to moi, but does anyone know???? Not like it's a lot of dough-seems to be around $25 [again....SERIOUS coffee deficiency!]

Actually, it was me and I was asking your thoughts. Sorry!

Well, now I got so excited I didn't read ALL the fine print, and that clearly solves my problem! :o Thanks!

But I guess I'd like to know anyway what would happen if I booked for June, 2011, and needed to change to, say, November, 2011.

I think you would be ok as long as you do it by June 30. After that the promotion ends and any change in ship or sailing date is considered a new booking and any OBCs would be lost.

I think you would be ok as long as you do it by June 30. After that the promotion ends and any change in ship or sailing date is considered a new booking and any OBCs would be lost.

Is this true? I thought as long as they didn't change the reservation number, it's not considered a new booking.

Gina

Is this true? I thought as long as they didn't change the reservation number, it's not considered a new booking.

Gina

You may be right. That is true for OBCs from booking on board. I just don't know about this "promotion" for the OBC when booking from the comfort of your den or living room durning the month on June. It seems that with most promotions, like WOW sales, any changes such as ship or date of sailing is treated as a new booking and the OBCs forfeited.

Thanks!

From C&A website:

To apply this offer while reserving on www.RoyalCaribbean.com, go through the reservation process and once on the Billing and Documentation page, enter the required information under the Coupon Information

If you log in and go to the benefits page, there are two links to charts that show you the benefits and combined discounts based on more than 6 months, or less than 6 months, advanced booking.

I disagree about changing the cruiise date later on. Usually, if you TRANSFER the booking to a new date, everything follows with it. I've done this with onboard bookings before, and the obc comes to the new cruise. Just keep the same booking number.

On this current special, as long as the cruise is after 5/1/11, and you transfer NOT cancel and rebook, you should be fine.

As to the discussion pertaining to us "flocking" to get the freebies: we have been cruising with RCCL because we like it; the perks and amenities just make it more enjoyable. As my TA says, "save some now and you can spend it on another cruise later".

Okay - I've read every word of this thread and I'm still confused. I am thrilled that some improvements have been made but once again, it was done in a confusing manner to me. I sure wish they would have said you can combine any TWO benefits, you pick the two that work best for you (Stockholders to be included in that). It would have been so much easier. Bring back the old coupon book and add the extra internet and laundry options. I would still like one free drink and the Johnny Rockets coupon but I guess that is not going to happen.

I've got a couple quick questions -

1.) I have two "next cruise" certificates from a year ago. When I decide what sailing and use them will the rules be when I purchased them or when I book the sailing?

2.) Gina - could you please post the email to send a letter conerning the Stockholders credit. I am a stockholder and very interested in that. If you can not post it, will you please email it to me. I would think if they do not allow the Stockholdres to keep that benefit, then many will dump their stock which could not be good for the company.

3.) I am going to book Freedom for September 2011. I was waiting to see how this all came out. According to Peggy, I should book this month before the end of June to receive extra benefits, right?

Any advise from my esteemed genteel and redneck friends would be most appreciated.

E-Beth

This is probably a stupid question but I have never cancelled a cruise. Can I cancel and rebook on the same phone call with the same person or should I call and cancel and then call back and re-book?

Just call and work with whomever answers the phone. My TA said the rep she worked with to change my cruises had been doing cx-rebooks all day long yesterday.

This is probably a stupid question but I have never cancelled a cruise. Can I cancel and rebook on the same phone call with the same person or should I call and cancel and then call back and re-book?

Do it with the same person. I just had a C&A balcony discount added to a previously booked cruise. She offered to cancel and rebook me into the exact same cabin which would have increased my discount by $50 more. I opted to stick with my original booking since it's likely there will be a senior or resident discount of greater value within 2 months of final payment day - which I will qualify for based on reservation date. It's a gamble but I took it.

But yes...just do it right then with the person you cancel with so you don't have to worry about losing your cabin if you want the one you now have.

Gina

Okay - I've read every word of this thread and I'm still confused. I am thrilled that some improvements have been made but once again, it was done in a confusing manner to me. I sure wish they would have said you can combine any TWO benefits, you pick the two that work best for you (Stockholders to be included in that). It would have been so much easier. Bring back the old coupon book and add the extra internet and laundry options. I would still like one free drink and the Johnny Rockets coupon but I guess that is not going to happen.

I've got a couple quick questions -

1.) I have two "next cruise" certificates from a year ago. When I decide what sailing and use them will the rules be when I purchased them or when I book the sailing?

2.) Gina - could you please post the email to send a letter conerning the Stockholders credit. I am a stockholder and very interested in that. If you can not post it, will you please email it to me. I would think if they do not allow the Stockholdres to keep that benefit, then many will dump their stock which could not be good for the company.

3.) I am going to book Freedom for September 2011. I was waiting to see how this all came out. According to Peggy, I should book this month before the end of June to receive extra benefits, right?

Any advise from my esteemed genteel and redneck friends would be most appreciated.

E-Beth

Hi, Beth! I believe your certs follow the rules when they were issued. Don't know about stockholder stuff; someone else will help you. YES, book in June and get the obc. Be sure to talk to the rep about your next cruise certs first and see if they affect the booking in any way, but I doubt if they do.

dont know why i as soooo confused. has the amount of c/a balcony discount for a 7 night cruise increased to $225 from $200 for diamond member? booking was made 2 months ago for sailing jan2011. do i have to sail after may 2011 to get $225 instead of $200 and is my original booking eligible?

dont know why i as soooo confused. has the amount of c/a balcony discount for a 7 night cruise increased to $225 from $200 for diamond member? booking was made 2 months ago for sailing jan2011. do i have to sail after may 2011 to get $225 instead of $200 and is my original booking eligible?

You can cancel and immediately rebook and you will get the greater discount. But then you will lose the option of any price reductions after final payment is made. It's a gamble.

Although if your price has already gone up - DON'T do it.

Gina

Just call and work with whomever answers the phone. My TA said the rep she worked with to change my cruises had been doing cx-rebooks all day long yesterday.

Thanks for he quick response.

Do it with the same person. I just had a C&A balcony discount added to a previously booked cruise. She offered to cancel and rebook me into the exact same cabin which would have increased my discount by $50 more. I opted to stick with my original booking since it's likely there will be a senior or resident discount of greater value within 2 months of final payment day - which I will qualify for based on reservation date. It's a gamble but I took it.

But yes...just do it right then with the person you cancel with so you don't have to worry about losing your cabin if you want the one you now have. Gina

Ok, thanks. I guess the only thing I will lose out on is the ability to get a price reduction up to 72 hours before the cruise. Oh well, I have never gotten a price reduction anyway, even though I do track it.

Thanks for he quick response.

Ok, thanks. I guess the only thing I will lose out on is the ability to get a price reduction up to 72 hours before the cruise. Oh well, I have never gotten a price reduction anyway, even though I do track it.

And I more often than not HAVE gotten a price reduction after final payment. Usually either a senior or residency discount comes up that we qualify for. Although they might change that now just to show me. LOL

Gina

You can cancel and immediately rebook and you will get the greater discount. But then you will lose the option of any price reductions after final payment is made. It's a gamble.

Although if your price has already gone up - DON'T do it.

Gina

Gina is correct. The only thing that is "attached" to a 5/1/11 or later date is you get an extra obc if you book during June. You will ALWAYS get the increased balcony discount for booking more than 6 months in advance.

The obc is a special promotion; the balcony discount is a constant with your C&A status: they just give you more of a discount for booking 6 months or more in advance.

Gina is also correct: check your current cabin price first. My prices when my TA did all this yesterday hadn't changed, and one cruise the increased balcony discount put us below the price of an oceanview, so we changed cabins.

so.. i can never get price reductions or OBC after final payment if i choose to take the 225 instead of 200?. and now when i book in the future it will be an automatic 225 and no price reductions or OBC after final pmt. for one month of june seems RCL is throwing 25 dollars to soften the angst of seeing hugh price declines after final pmt. not worth it. keeping what i have.

so.. i can never get price reductions or OBC after final payment if i choose to take the 225 instead of 200?. and now when i book in the future it will be an automatic 225 and no price reductions or OBC after final pmt. for one month of june seems RCL is throwing 25 dollars to soften the angst of seeing hugh price declines after final pmt. not worth it. keeping what i have.

You are correct, since your cruise is in 1/11. The June special doesn't do you any good.

If it's any consolation, my experiences have not been the same as Gina's. I tracked our Rhapsody cruises last year for 18 months before, got several price drops, but none within final payment. Our senior discount on one of them came in around the 4 month in advance.

It is a gamble, and if you are satisfied with your price stick with it. In my case, I have 12 to 18 months to watch my 2011 prices, the obc and balcony disount gave me $600 total savings, so it was worth it to me to take the June special. Even if I miss another price reduction after final payment, I'm happy now with my costs.

Archived