June 1st announcement

I would prefer to see the company name changed to Redneck Caribbean International.... Then all of us hoi polloi can have our keg parties on the pool deck, listen to country music and watch CoachT sit in the corner in a fetal position crying about price points.

is it new or old country?:eek:

I would prefer to see the company name changed to Redneck Caribbean International.... Then all of us hoi polloi can have our keg parties on the pool deck, listen to country music and watch CoachT sit in the corner in a fetal position crying about price points.

I'm bringing my sleeping bag along so I can just camp out there after the kegs run dry.

That hits the nail right on the head. It is not about class, it is about diversity. When ships had less to offer perhaps they attracted what has, maybe, come to be known as a "traditional" type cruiser. Without a lot of options cruising probably appealled to a certain type of person and produced a somewhat homogenious group aboard the ships. Now ships have so many ammenties and features that there is far more of "something for everyone" and the atmosphere is much more heterogenious. For me, that is part of the appeal of cruising. It adds to the the excitement. Maybe not everyone agrees but I look for that.

Perhaps some of the luxury lines with their smaller ships still attract the past type of cruiser. Maybe that is what some here remember from RCI beginnings when they had much smaller ships. But I don't think that type of atmosphere can ever be achieved, nor would I think it desirable, on the new mega ships.

I like RCI evolution of ships. Some of their corporate policies are another matter.:rolleyes:

Agree 100%...........I do like the evolution of the ships..........but to be honest it took me a long time to get away from the traditional cruise experience that cruising used to be. I sailed RC when they only had 3 ships and our first was on the Nordic Prince...........service (and damn good service) was really all they had to offer...........but I do understand from a business model perspective what RC is doing and what they have to do............as a stock holder, I wouldn't want it any other way.:)

I am looking for the part of the benefits package that says you can book at home this month and get the same benefits. Couldn't find that but I did find this so I am a little confused.

The Balcony and Deluxe Stateroom Discount allows you to save on the sailing of your choice when reserving a balcony or above stateroom. . Your discount can be redeemed from home when you choose a sailing and reserve a booking. Or, if you are sailing onboard one of our ships as of June 1st, 2010, Crown & Anchor Society members only will enjoy the benefit of reserving their next cruise onboard! As a member, you will receive the new and exclusive Onboard Booking Bonus for an onboard credit of up to $200. When you use it with your Balcony and Deluxe Stateroom Discount OR your Crown & Anchor Society Savings Certificate, you can save more than ever before! See examples of discounts for Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus

I am looking for the part of the benefits package that says you can book at home this month and get the same benefits. Couldn't find that but I did find this

New Balcony and Deluxe Stateroom Discount

The Balcony and Deluxe Stateroom Discount allows you to save on the sailing of your choice when reserving a balcony or above stateroom. There are 2 discounts for each tier level depending on when you reserve your cruise vacation; one discount at 6 months priors to your sail date and aNew Balcony and Deluxe Stateroom Discount

The Balcony and Deluxe Stateroom Discount allows you to save on the sailing of your choice when reserving a balcony or above stateroom. There are 2 discounts for each tier level depending on when you reserve your cruise vacation; one discount at 6 months priors to your sail date and another 6 months within your sailing date. Your discount can be redeemed from home when you choose a sailing and reserve a booking. Or, if you are sailing onboard one of our ships as of June 1st, 2010, Crown & Anchor Society members only will enjoy the benefit of reserving their next cruise onboard! As a member, you will receive the new and exclusive Onboard Booking Bonus for an onboard credit of up to $200. When you use it with your Balcony and Deluxe Stateroom Discount OR your Crown & Anchor Society Savings Certificate, you can save more than ever before! See examples of discounts for Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus

I saw the same thing and asked the question about booking direct about 6 pages ago:). (I did catch that) If the idea is to INCREASE advance bookings........I don't see what difference it makes whether you book at home or book on board. Peggy seems to have found the answer.......at least for the month of June. I have even printed out a copy of what you have quoted.........suggest everyone do the same.

I have a question. If you book onboard do you have to actually pick a cruise and a date? or can you just buy a future cruise certificate and decide once your home. I don't like spending time onboard to book cruises but doing the future cruise certificate was quick and easy.

Patty

I saw the same thing and asked the question about booking direct about 6 pages ago:). (I did catch that) If the idea is to INCREASE advance bookings........I don't see what difference it makes whether you book at home or book on board. Peggy seems to have found the answer.......at least for the month of June. I have even printed out a copy of what you have quoted.........suggest everyone do the same.

Ok, thought I had read the whole thread but maybe I got it mixed up with another one on the same topic. I did read where others were saying this part was just for the month of June but I could not seem to find that written anywhere.

Ok, thought I had read the whole thread but maybe I got it mixed up with another one on the same topic. I did read where others were saying this part was just for the month of June but I could not seem to find that written anywhere.

I thin pcur called and talked to them and found out this was a June special..........so at least we know it is good through June.

So, I'm not really seeing how to get the onboard credit, booking on-line from home, today, for a cruise that is in November 2011?

I've tried a "sample booking", and it doesn't show anything about an OBC?

Thanks,

Mary

There are promotion codes in the email that you have to enter Mary. They are in the fine print and based on the length of the cruise for the OBC. :D:):D

~Patti

I am looking for the part of the benefits package that says you can book at home this month and get the same benefits. Couldn't find that but I did find this so I am a little confused.

The Balcony and Deluxe Stateroom Discount allows you to save on the sailing of your choice when reserving a balcony or above stateroom. . Your discount can be redeemed from home when you choose a sailing and reserve a booking. Or, if you are sailing onboard one of our ships as of June 1st, 2010, Crown & Anchor Society members only will enjoy the benefit of reserving their next cruise onboard! As a member, you will receive the new and exclusive Onboard Booking Bonus for an onboard credit of up to $200. When you use it with your Balcony and Deluxe Stateroom Discount OR your Crown & Anchor Society Savings Certificate, you can save more than ever before! See examples of discounts for Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus

This came in an email from RCI this evening:

"To celebrate this new Onboard Booking Bonus, receive up to $200 to spend onboard when you reserve from home by June 30*.

color_line.gif

As part of this special promotion we have added over 100 new sailing dates to your current

Saving Certificates, which you can find on our website www.RoyalCaribbean.com/specialoffers.

This one-time introductory offer can be reserved from home for any cruise departing on or

after May 1, 2011, but be sure to reserve now as this offer expires June 30, 2010.*

spacer.gif*Offer is valid for new individual bookings only. Must have a valid Crown & Anchor® Society membership number to qualify. Must be made by June 30, 2010 for sailings beginning May 1, 2011. Credit varies by number of sailing nights. Use code AD11 for 3-5 nights, code AD12 for 6-9 nights, code AD13 for 10-14 nights or code AD14 for 15+ sailings. Offer is subject to availability, may be withdrawn without notice, and is non-transferable. This offer can only be combined with the Platinum Diamond CAS discount or a CAS Savings Certificate. This offer cannot be combined with another Onboard credit on the same reservation. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, with no cash value, not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. Certain restrictions apply. REDEMPTION INSTRUCTIONS: When reserving through a travel agency, the applicable option code must be presented at time of reservation. Offer must be submitted to Royal Caribbean PRIOR TO FINAL PAYMENT. To redeem this offer with a Royal Caribbean Certified Vacation Planner, please use the option code so that the credit is applied to your reservation. To apply this offer while reserving on www.RoyalCaribbean.com, go through the reservation process and once on the Billing and Documentation page, enter the required information under the Coupon Information section. ©2010 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas. • 5/2010

Just because someone likes to get a bargain doesnt make them lower class. It just means that I can take that many more vacations with the savings.

I am just telling you what I have observed and know to be true.

Same ship, same itinerary a year apart. The difference is only the price for cruising. The type of people cruising were of a different class on the second cruise after the price drop.

Having seen the financials, onboard revenue dropped by as much as 75% on some sailings and some ships. Those paying less just did not spend as much as the people who had cruised when prices are higher. The best thing Royal needs to do is raise prices by at least 10% across the board IN ALL CATEGORIES. Revenue will return both onboard and in sailing revenue.

Richard Fain was one of the last cruise executives to lower prices and he predicted what was played out. He could make more money with ships not sailing at capacity because the onboard revenue would not have suffered as much as when prices dropped to "fill the ships".

It is not just on Royal.

On a January Celebrity cruise, I have never seen as many mullets and wife beaters as I did except at a Billy Ray Cyrus concert.

Cancel and rebook. You can do that this month and get the obc.

Word of advice to anyone doing this...

I just called C&A. The rep had no idea what promotion I was talking about. He then told me I could not cancel and rebook. He then said he would put me on hold so he could speak with a supervisor. Someone from the resolutions department then picked up the phone and told me that it can be done. I was then transferred to someone else to take care of it. When the person answered she also had no idea what promotion I was referring to. I finally got it completed after speaking to 3 people!!

So for anyone who is planning to call about this make sure you have the full details of this promotion and be prepared to speak to multiple people.

Thanks lovemylab! I have a booking for Nov 2011 that we made about 3 weeks ago. I saw that they also increased the diamond balcony discount by $25 to 325 so I am going to try to get that too! I love that we can combine discounts now so I am glad I keep my stocks! I wonder if the "special OBC" can be used with the other 2? Anyone know?

Yes, it worked today! Thought I would post back about what my ta did today (bless her!!). She said the CSR at RCCL was doing these cancel and rebooks alllllllllllllllllllllll day long.

She canceled one cruise, rebooked the same cabin, got the obc, and got the increased discount on the balcony. $300 total discount + obc.

The other she cancelled, rebooked a balcony for $50 less than our original price on our ocean view, and got the obc. Another $300 total.

All in a day's work she said...................gotta lover her.:D

Looks like this blind squirrel found the nut. No surprise to us. This is exactly what we were told would happen today. Anyone care to discuss next January's changes now?

Anthony-

SCORE!! ;)

-Ray & Jacki (from the Mariner)

After you have completed your first cruise you can enroll. All you need is your booking number from your completed cruise to get started.

Ok, I just went in and tried to enroll and it's telling me, "You have no eligible sailings". HUH??? I just got back on Monday!

Ok, I just went in and tried to enroll and it's telling me, "You have no eligible sailings". HUH??? I just got back on Monday!

It takes a week or so for their system to be updated once a cruise returns. Most of us have our cruise credit for a cruise show up in about a week. But sometimes it takes 2 weeks or more. Just wait until next week and try again.

Or call them and do it over the phone.

Gina

It takes a week or so for their system to be updated once a cruise returns. Most of us have our cruise credit for a cruise show up in about a week. But sometimes it takes 2 weeks or more. Just wait until next week and try again.

Or call them and do it over the phone.

Gina

Thank you! This was our first of what I hope to be many cruises.... We had a wonderful time.

Archived