cost of internet wireless onboard

Does anyone know how much Princess charges for wireless internet access? I know suites get it for free but we are in a regular balcony room. Someone said you can buy minutes packages is that so? We are on the Ruby, June 22.

thanks

Carnival (who owns princess) charges $.75 a minute and up depending on the package, down to about 40 cents. A third party does the internet, not Carnival Corp, so Id guess its a similar price on Princess.

Much much cheap in ports at internet cafes.

You can buy packages on the ship. 150 minutes costs $75, 250 minutes is $100, and 500 minutes is $200. They also usually offer some specials at the beginning with some additional free minutes. There is wireless all over the ship. The connection in general is slow and is not always consistent.

Additionally, there is a "connection charge" of $3.95, I think it was. DH and I wanted to e-mail home to the kids, but after finding this out (it was displayed on the welcome screen), we reconsidered and did not use the ship's internet. We took our laptop into ports and found some of the WiFi hot spots instead.

is that $3.95 connection charge a one-time thing or every time you connected?

I'm going to be doing daily video blogs to youtube on my upcoming cruise but not if it costs that much to connect each day.

oh and how did you find WiFi spots in ports? googling? or do they list it in the ship's daily?

Archived