Video Editing

BlueSkySailing

Here's my final episode from our Mexican Cruise Jan 2010.

It runs about 5 min.

Part 6

Great work Paul. Loved how you used the camera and out this together. It flows very smoothly. Shots were all very stable which shows well in the video. Definitely given me some things to think about and some ideas for next week.

For those of you who post videos to Vimeo, have any of you gotten feedback from folks who said they could not load or see the videos and are using Firefox as a browser? Sent one to my dad and he had issues and was using Firefox. He use to have no problems, but apparently there are some issues now with Firefox? Anyone else hear about this?

Well since you asked. I think you got some real nice shots, but you defenitely over used the speeding up of the video, I think because of that when a picture came up or any kind of text they kind of flashed by and the viewer is unable to figure out what they saw.

I would recommend only use speed up in slow spaces and just shorten the other shots if they are to long.

Ted

A time capsule cruise!

Click on

to see my version of the Kenny G – Auld Lang Syne (Millennium Mix) video. This video was produced using historical scenes from days gone bye that were edited into the appropriate spots on the Auld Lang Syne sound track. This was one of my first projects I attempted way back in 2000.

Ron

Ron, great job. Very nicely done!

Ted

One video camera, 1 compact P&S, 1 D10 waterproof camera, one dSLR with 4 lens, and over 100GB worth of memory cards....I better be able to put something nice together with all that gear. Have one other guy on my cruise who is into videos as well, so we plan on having some fun.

Sounds exactly like what I'll be taking with me next month. (less the waterproof camera)

Don't forget a tripod.

I know they can be a hassle to lug around, but it is worth the final results

Ted

Sounds exactly like what I'll be taking with me next month. (less the waterproof camera)

Don't forget a tripod.

I know they can be a hassle to lug around, but it is worth the final results

Ted

Forgot to add that to the list, but definitely coming along. Also the GPS data logger to geotag the photos when I get home. You can never really have too many toys....:D

Tim

Hi all,

Love the trailers! Mmmmm....I need to look into doing those :D! Well, decided I will buy a small waterproof HD video camcorder (e.g. Kodak Playsport). During our cruise to Mexico, I didn't dare bring my Sony to the beach, etc for fear of the elements. Missed out on some imaging of the family playing at the beach, swimming, etc. So, I want to purchase the waterproof camcorder before our summer trip up to Michigan.

Again, loved the great work of those trailers and also the cruise videos! Thanks for sharing them and your advice/tips!

Marty

For those of you who post videos to Vimeo, have any of you gotten feedback from folks who said they could not load or see the videos and are using Firefox as a browser? Sent one to my dad and he had issues and was using Firefox. He use to have no problems, but apparently there are some issues now with Firefox? Anyone else hear about this?

I use Firefox Tim .. No issues at Vimeo for me ...

Have a great cruise .. get some good footage and some good sound ..

.. and HAVE FUN -- You're on vacation !!

I use Firefox Tim .. No issues at Vimeo for me ...

Have a great cruise .. get some good footage and some good sound ..

.. and HAVE FUN -- You're on vacation !!

Thanks Paul. What system are you running? Windows or Mac? They are on Windows Vista ( I have yet to convince them to get a real computer and buy a Mac).

Tim

Thanks Paul. What system are you running? Windows or Mac? They are on Windows Vista ( I have yet to convince them to get a real computer and buy a Mac).

Tim

I run Windows 7. I build my own computers. Currently running an i5-750 Intel Chip. Very happy with Windows 7 .. best yet from Microsoft. I had no problems running Vista either. Apple makes excellent equipment. But, like many others, I'm invested in software (like Sony Vegas) that runs on Windows.

Not to be left out I put a trailer together (although I am not leaving THIS Saturday).

Done in Vegas using 16 tracks.

Nice use of Vegas Track Motion. Good job.

Not to be left out I put a trailer together (although I am not leaving THIS Saturday).

Done in Vegas using 16 tracks.

Very nice. Where did you get the clip with the ship and the "escape completely" line? Did you download it from someplace? Have always wanted that clip to add to my cruise video on Princess.

Very nice. Where did you get the clip with the ship and the "escape completely" line? Did you download it from someplace? Have always wanted that clip to add to my cruise video on Princess.

I ripped it from the Princess DVD that they use to send out. I can send you the file but it is not the original anymore, I had to pull it out of another video this time so the quality is not the best.

• 2 weeks later...
I ripped it from the Princess DVD that they use to send out. I can send you the file but it is not the original anymore, I had to pull it out of another video this time so the quality is not the best.

Thanks for the tip. I specifically got a DVD on our cruise so I could rip the shots I want to use for my pending video.

Hi Tim, Yes I have had a few people tell me that the video doesn't play at all and some say that the music is playing but the video isn't moving with the music. It stalls or skips.

Me 2 Tim!

I shall see what I can come up with. I only took 1582 pictures and I lost track of how much video I took, but less than I thought. One other guy I meet does videos as well, so we are going to work on a joint video at some point. I do have one really nice clip of us going under the Verzanno narrows bridge.

Chesneygirl - Pretty sure you are going in a few weeks on the same cruise. Great place to watch/film that is up on the putting green deck area above Tradewinds bar. Not to be missed. Would have been better had I taken the tripod and mounted the camera, but it was sailaway and carrying that, the dSLR, and video camera would have not left any way for me to hold my drink...

Tim

I shall see what I can come up with. I only took 1582 pictures and I lost track of how much video I took, but less than I thought. One other guy I meet does videos as well, so we are going to work on a joint video at some point. I do have one really nice clip of us going under the Verzanno narrows bridge.

Chesneygirl - Pretty sure you are going in a few weeks on the same cruise. Great place to watch/film that is up on the putting green deck area above Tradewinds bar. Not to be missed. Would have been better had I taken the tripod and mounted the camera, but it was sailaway and carrying that, the dSLR, and video camera would have not left any way for me to hold my drink...

Tim

Hi Tim, Yes we are going on the same cruise as you (reverse itinerary). We leave on July 1st.

Thanks for the tip on sail away. I wasn't sure where to set up...thought about going to the area above the bridge. But I may have to check out your recommendation. :)

I can't believe how many photos/video you took!!!

I am patiently waiting for your video! :)

Tim

Welcome back Tim. Sounds like you had a great time (of course I dont remember ANY cruise not to be a good time...)

Let us all know when your video will be ready to watch, looking forward to see what you come up with.

About 3 more weeks and I'll be off to Alaska....can't wait:)

Ted

Archived