Dubai Hotel, Pre-cruise

ssawjo

Booked the Grand Hyatt using a stay certificate. The certificate will be posted out by Fedex, not sure how long it takes, but not going till Feb 2011. The hotel looks great I have a king room booked on floors between 1-10 with a skyline view. Cant wait.

Thanks for help and info , I think cruise critic is great for getting info like stay certificates. I know I would not have booked this hotel at full price.:)

Booked the Grand Hyatt using a stay certificate. The certificate will be posted out by Fedex, not sure how long it takes, but not going till Feb 2011. The hotel looks great I have a king room booked on floors between 1-10 with a skyline view. Cant wait.

Thanks for help and info , I think cruise critic is great for getting info like stay certificates. I know I would not have booked this hotel at full price.:)

We are booked too for 2011 but told we did not have to actually purchase the Certificates until closer until the date. They said to allow 2 weeks, but of course I will not wait that long. The Certificate are referenced on our email confirmation.

Are others being told they have to pay for the Stay Certificates immediately? They are like cash so I though we would wait to have them shipped.

It makes sense to wait to buy certificate, I was not advised either way but thought I would purchase them now in case there was problems. I live in Scotland and was dealing with an American site so I am just glad to have to have it all done and dusted- hopefully.

The cruise and holiday in Dubai is my present to my husband for his 60th birthday so I want everything to be just right.

Hi all,

We are back from our trip to New York now, so I called to purchase the certificates to pay for the reservation that I had made at the Grand Hyatt Dubai before we left. There was no problem whatsoever to purchase the certificates and tie them to previous reservation which the person on the phone at the reservation center was able to access by reservation number. The certificates took only two days to arrive by Fed Ex, which absolutely amazed me. Now I am happy I waited to order them because they would have been delivered while we were gone and might have disappeared who knows where.

When I looked at the certificate, I noted that it said to tie the actual certificate number to the reservation, so I called the 402 number that Greatam had provided and asked if this needed to be done. The answer was "Yes" so I read the numbers to the person on the line and was told that now everything is all set. If any of you received your certificates but have not linked the numbers to the reservation, you might want to do that.

Again, thanks Greatam for the great information.

Lynn

• 6 months later...
Appreciate the info on the stay certificates. We'll be in Dubai in March and will follow up. Has anyone stayed at the Park Hyatt there? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I do know that the costs of the certificates went up in January. We anticipated there could be a change in price so purchased them the last week in December.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tips about the certificats for Grand Hyatt. I've just been in contact with the Omaha-Nebraska call center and made reservation and bought certificates for the hotel for 5 nights in November after our cruise Bercelona-Dubai. $185 instead of $359 for each night. Thats a good deal I think.:)

Hi

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt using stay certificates March 3rd for 3 nights and thought it was great value. We really liked the hotel and the room was first class. Breakfast was not included and worked out about £27 per person, it was a large breakfast. We got taxis everywhere, very cheap. Thanks for introducing me to stay certs.

Hi

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt using stay certificates March 3rd for 3 nights and thought it was great value. We really liked the hotel and the room was first class. Breakfast was not included and worked out about £27 per person, it was a large breakfast. We got taxis everywhere, very cheap. Thanks for introducing me to stay certs.

I read the thread and wondered how you got on. Glad it went well - thanks for posting:)

• 1 month later...

Another option for Grand or Park Hyatt two stays worldwide, how does $75 sound, plssee this link:

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/hyatt/aff/?CELL=6H8X&AFFID=G2nVV3pDoBU-92lflrcUn4y3WpQHr.g5VQ&pvid=162991FOF495198698

Last month stayed on my Hyatt card at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong (upgraded to Club floor) and Grand Hyatt Bangkok, cost $O (well the did pay the annual $75 fee for the Hyatt Visa signature card)....You should have good credit (scores above 735) if u apply for this super Hyatt deal.

• 4 weeks later...
Another option for Grand or Park Hyatt two stays worldwide, how does $75 sound, plssee this link:

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/hyatt/aff/?CELL=6H8X&AFFID=G2nVV3pDoBU-92lflrcUn4y3WpQHr.g5VQ&pvid=162991FOF495198698

Last month stayed on my Hyatt card at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong (upgraded to Club floor) and Grand Hyatt Bangkok, cost $O (well the did pay the annual $75 fee for the Hyatt Visa signature card)....You should have good credit (scores above 735) if u apply for this super Hyatt deal.

Wes, do you book hotel and then use Hyatt CC for two free nights or use CC for any purchase before you book?

Much thanks for the tip and the link!

Ted, once u have applied/rcvd your Hyatt card, simply make a first purchase (e.g. pack of gum) after first purchase, Hyatt will load in your Hyatt Gold Passport account your two free nights good for any Hyatt resort in the World. (takes about 4-6 weeks after your first purchase for the award nights to be posted to your account. Had my wife apply for her Hyatt Visa Sig Card in early April, by mid-May her award nights were posted. In late May we booked the Grand Hyatt Dubai for a post cruise stay for our Regent middle east voyage (Nov-Dec). In sum for $75 and your good credit (Fico scores over 735, Vantage over 900), once u make your first purchse (+ 4-6 weeks)you earn two Hyatt nights at any Hyatt property (e.g Grand Hyatt Dubai is about $250-$300 night, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong was about $450 per night)--this Hyatt Visa Sig card is terrific deal.

• 1 month later...
Call the 402 number previously posted. It is the out of the USA phone number for Hyatt.

Thanks so much for the great information!!! You always have such great suggestions as I've followed you from other threads.

If you were to choose, which Hyatt in Dubai would you choose? All the choices are available for my dates. Believe it or not, Hyatt Regency Dubai is available for $109/night in November and Grand Hyatt is available for $145. Both are incredible prices for Dubai and I so appreciate your info on the certificates!!! Much Aloha! :D

The Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel http://www.sheratondubaicreek.com is the only hotel located on Dubai Creek. The location of the hotel can’t be beat and the hotel is fabulous. The dinner cruise boats leave from the pier next to the hotel. The scenery as you walk along the boardwalk behind the hotel is awesome. We spent two nights there pre-cruise and highly recommend this hotel.

Ron

Thanks so much for the great information!!! You always have such great suggestions as I've followed you from other threads.

If you were to choose, which Hyatt in Dubai would you choose? All the choices are available for my dates. Believe it or not, Hyatt Regency Dubai is available for $109/night in November and Grand Hyatt is available for $145. Both are incredible prices for Dubai and I so appreciate your info on the certificates!!! Much Aloha! :D

The Hyatt Regency is on the Gulf with great ocean views if you get a view room. It is close to most of the souks.

The Grand Hyatt is much larger, in the middle of everything (with transportation). Great concierge desk, really nice restaurant in the middle of the lobby level that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and has really decent food.

Both are great hotels for the money. If you can stay at the Regency for $109 (I wouldn't count on a view room for that price), go for it.

If you want a little more luxury and the certs are cheap enough (they usually aren't), try the Park Hyatt. On the creek, yacht club/golf course (NOT cheap to play). Favorite of American and European entertainment celebrities not staying at the Burj.

Enjoy!!!

The Hyatt Regency is on the Gulf with great ocean views if you get a view room. The Grand Hyatt is much larger, in the middle of everything Both are great hotels for the money. If you can stay at the Regency for $109 ...try the Park Hyatt. On the creek, yacht club/golf course (NOT cheap to play). Favorite of American and European entertainment celebrities not staying at the Burj.

Thanks to both of you for the information. Originally I had every intention of staying at the Sheraton Dubai Creek but the certificates at the Hyatt make it such a great deal! Just couldn't pass it up. We've decided to stay at the Grand Hyatt. Your input helped! Aloha.

Archived