Ever wonder what Richard Simmons does on a Carnival cruise?

We ended up on one of his cruises just by chance, on the Valor in '07. We saw him several times. He's actually a really nice guy. We weren't in his group but he would stop and talk to us. Very cool guy.

I had the opportunity to meet him at an aerobics competition in Tampa a few years back. I agree, he is a very nice man. He took the time to meet and greet everyone who wanted either an autograph or just to shake his had and say hello. :)

Hello,

the end.............of his Brig stay gets delayed since the Captain refuses to go to port because he doesn't want Richard running around again.......nobody complains.....everyone gets a shipboard credit for drinks.............and then.....

He runs back and forth between each buffet area between 8an and 10am and tells people to stop eating so much and then takes two hours off and commences to do the same between 12-2pm. He then runs around the dining rooms withthe maitre'd chasing him going from table to table at dinner telling everyone who ordered two entrees to drop and give him 20 pushups, but before he gets a chance to finish his statement the husband of a woman he is belittling gets up and knocks him into next week. Everyone in the dining room starts to cheer and the maitre'd, preferable Alex K, that hot hunk on the Liberty, drags him off to the walk in refrigerators and leaves him locked up for a cooling off period.....Carnival then locks Richard in the Brig until the next port because the large percentage of less-than-average passengers complain of his presence...

The end...

:) I believe this is the most accurate account of his follies.

• 3 months later...

This thread came up when I searched for info on eating on Richard's cruises. I just got off the Conquest Sept 2010. Had a great time. Ate a mountain of some of the best food I've ever ordered, but today all I want is water and sleep.

Many people laugh at Richard Simmons and his flamboyant, tearful presentations, but they might want to reconsider after learning what my seriously huge, bulky bodybuilder trainer told me....

"Richard Simmons is the most highly paid and most well-known personal trainer on the planet."

Richard Simmons has been given a lot of sideways glances that many other entertainers might like to have, because they came from Johnny Carson, Jay Leno and David Letterman. He has appeared on every major interview show and has created an empire while laughing back to those who ridicule him as he goes to the bank. In 2010 he is 62, still active and still receiving the gratitude from those he has helped. It's said that the best form of revenge is success.

We were next door to him in July 1996 on the Celebration out of NOLA, his hometown.

We both had Cat 11s on the Verandah Deck. Our balconys were adjacent.

He isn't as perky in private. We heard more than we wanted to hear.

And, no...we weren't part of his "cruise to lose", but could probably use a trip or three with him now. :D

We were next door to him in July 1996 on the Celebration out of NOLA, his hometown.

We both had Cat 11s on the Verandah Deck. Our balconys were adjacent.

He isn't as perky in private. We heard more than we wanted to hear.

And, no...we weren't part of his "cruise to lose", but could probably use a trip or three with him now. :D

I am sooo glad you didn't elaborate:D. Still would be fun to watch him do his thing. (No not that thing):eek:

We happened to be on the Pride with him and his Cruise to Lose group a couple years ago. As we were leaving the dining room one night, we went right by him. Not being able to resist, I turned and said "Hey, Mr. Simmons...". He immediatly interrupted with "Thats Richard to you..." (in a most flamboyant voice). I said "OK,...Richard..., had I known you were aboard, I wouldn't have had that THIRD entree!" He quickly turned to my wife and deadpanned "Oh Dear, I hope you married him for money!" Hilarious. Say what you will about him, Queen, Flamer, Polesmoker, whatever, but he has spent many years helping untold thousands of women regain their self esteem not just by dieting, but by showing them that beauty comes from within, and that everyone deserves to be loved and it starts with loving yourself. Made millions doing it, too. Big props to Mr Simm..... uh..., Richard.

Archived