New OBC Plus Platinum ~ Diamond ~ Diamond Plus Balcony Discounts as of June 1, 2010

Every time I think that I understand, I get confused again.

The cruise that Puffinater referred to, was for Thanksgiving, this year.

The flyer specifies that the new OBC and discounts are for cruises beginning May 1, 2011.

What am I missing here?

Welcome to confusion central. I asked the questions everyway I could think of. The balcony discount only differs by $25 ($200 vs $225) but the $100 OBC would be nice. To be safe I am going to wait until we are on the Majesty and book then.

Hi Patty & Jim... and all:

Just as reminder or info to all regarding the OB credits - any OB credits not used during that cruise "will expire if not used by 10 PM of the last evening of the cruise." This language is taken from the RCI C&A June 2010 mailer.

Paul & Sandi

wow!! when did that start ? i just got off the voyager and had $19 left and it went right to my cc as a credit

Just booked a cruise for April 2011 and we DID NOT qualify for OBC since this is only for cruises departing after May 2011. So anyone who has booked a cruise departing before May 2011 will not get any OBC.

Just booked a cruise for April 2011 and we DID NOT qualify for OBC since this is only for cruises departing after May 2011. So anyone who has booked a cruise departing before May 2011 will not get any OBC.

That is spelled out in the June Booking Bonus section on the C&A website.

I hope you were able to use a Balcony Discount or a C&A Certificate.

o.k., we booked a balcony for September more than six months ago when we were Diamond.

Our next cruise before September will make us Diamond+.

Can I then call and ask for the Diamond+ discount to be applied?

o.k., we booked a balcony for September more than six months ago when we were Diamond.

Our next cruise before September will make us Diamond+.

Can I then call and ask for the Diamond+ discount to be applied?

Absolutely.:)

Hi Patti & Jim,

We received a C&A mailer a few weeks ago... on the bottom left it has "06/10 DiamLLR"

and just above that it reads "Your Diamond Membership benefits just got better!"

Open the flap to 3 pages, one page depicting the OB Bonus + Balcony & Suite Discount: "booked > 6 months; booked < 6 months, followed by number of nights and the bonus' and discounts; + saving certificate.

Plus it has a coupon saying "Special Offer just For You!" Up to $200 OB bonus booked from home for cruises departing o/a May 1, 2011. May be booked from home as if you are on board a ship until June 30, 2010.

I booked a cruise on May 26, 2010 not leaving until Oct. 29, 2011. Is there any chance I could call and cancel and rebook? It sounds as if you can get an on board credit booking from home until June 30, (if I am reading the quoted message above correctly) We will be on the Oasis in Sept. Will we be able to do it then? We are Diamond members and the cruise is 14 nights. Thank you for any advice.

Hi Patti & Jim,

We received a C&A mailer a few weeks ago... on the bottom left it has "06/10 DiamLLR"

and just above that it reads "Your Diamond Membership benefits just got better!"

Open the flap to 3 pages, one page depicting the OB Bonus + Balcony & Suite Discount: "booked > 6 months; booked < 6 months, followed by number of nights and the bonus' and discounts; + saving certificate.

Plus it has a coupon saying "Special Offer just For You!" Up to $200 OB bonus booked from home for cruises departing o/a May 1, 2011. May be booked from home as if you are on board a ship until June 30, 2010.

I booked a cruise on May 26, 2010 not leaving until Oct. 29, 2011. Is there any chance I could call and cancel and rebook? It sounds as if you can get an on board credit booking from home until June 30, (if I am reading the quoted message above correctly) We will be on the Oasis in Sept. Will we be able to do it then? We are Diamond members and the cruise is 14 nights. Thank you for any advice.

Others have said they have done that(but you might lose your cabin)........You cant take advantage of this special deal while on Oasis cuz the bookings have to be in June......

You could always wait and try to rebook it in Sept with the ship deal,but the rate could go up by then..

Others have said they have done that(but you might lose your cabin)........You cant take advantage of this special deal while on Oasis cuz the bookings have to be in June......

You could always wait and try to rebook it in Sept with the ship deal,but the rate could go up by then..

That is the big question mark in what you want to do, chrisandjohn.

How does all this tie into the shareholder's credit? What can be combined?

When booking from home you can either have your OBC from being a Shareholder, a Balcony Discount or a C&A Savings Certificate (if one becomes available for your cruise)........You can only have one benefit per cruise.

When booking on a ship you get an OBC (determined by length of cruise) and either a Balcony Discount or a C&A Savings Certificate (if one becomes available for your cruise).............you can have two benefits.

Now somebody explain to me how this is a fair.:(

I considered cancelling & rebooking but in some cases the cruise has already increased in price making it not worth it.

Also, it was stressed to me that if you cancel & rebook, that if some one has your cabin number wait listed they "may" get it. That was enough to stop me since I booked far in advance to secure a specific cabin. Yes it might be able to be done, but it wasn't worth the risk to me.

In my case, most of our future cruises were booked prior to May 17th. It's my understanding that cruises booked after that date are no longer eligible for price drops once final payment date is reached.

I am curious to see if there are more price drops once final payment is due.

When booking from home you can either have your OBC from being a Shareholder, a Balcony Discount or a C&A Savings Certificate (if one becomes available for your cruise)........You can only have one benefit per cruise.

When booking on a ship you get an OBC (determined by length of cruise) and either a Balcony Discount or a C&A Savings Certificate (if one becomes available for your cruise).............you can have two benefits.

Now somebody explain to me how this is a fair.:(

Not fair, why bother booking from home??:confused:

Sure hope when we are next on the ship, it is months from now, and we are wanting to book a cruise, we can get an appt. with the LA and not be waiting for ages on our Holiday!:( There is Often standing room only in that lounge.

It is SO frustrating to spend so much of our holiday time trying to spend our money to book on another of their cruises!!!:eek:

• 1 month later...

I booked the NOS with less then 6 months only got half the C&A balcony discount since it is only a 4 days cruise only lost $25 no biggie but the best news was I had two price drops so am a happy camper and will remember to book more then 6 months out in the future.

When I am on the NOS will book another cruise it is been so long that we booked one on board hmmm when they changed the combinable benefits now that they changed it back will take advantage of it.

I usually always book a Next Cruise while onboard, but this time I thought I would select a random cruise in 2012 and then transfer to the TA cruise when the booking opens in March. If I do this, I would only have to put down a $100 deposit for the cabin and would owe nothing more until final payment even though I am going to transfer my reservation. Is this correct?

Also, I'm Platinum, but when we go in 2012 I'll be Diamond. When I reach diamond can I call RCCL and have them give me the additional balcony discount?

Thanks!!

I usually always book a Next Cruise while onboard, but this time I thought I would select a random cruise in 2012 and then transfer to the TA cruise when the booking opens in March. If I do this, I would only have to put down a $100 deposit for the cabin and would owe nothing more until final payment even though I am going to transfer my reservation. Is this correct?

Also, I'm Platinum, but when we go in 2012 I'll be Diamond. When I reach diamond can I call RCCL and have them give me the additional balcony discount?

Thanks!!

As long as you keep your same booking number you should be able to transfer your booking details. As far as the deposit goes, with all the changes that have taken place since May, I would definitely find out the answer before you do the switch.

The NextCruise bookings have been renamed to Why Not Decide Later bookings. I believe the same rules apply.

Once you have reached your Diamond Level, you can call RCI/your TA and have your booking adjusted to reflect your Diamond discount.

The NextCruise bookings have been renamed to Why Not Decide Later bookings. I believe the same rules apply.

Sadly this change occured WHILE we were sailing so we didn't know about it. Granted, we hadn't really thought about booking another sailing at that point. HAD we known, I would have been able to convince hubby to book while on board for the extra bucks. Bummer...

The good news is NOW we do have a future sailing scheduled, and after all, THAT is the important part. :D

Erika

Sadly this change occured WHILE we were sailing so we didn't know about it. Granted, we hadn't really thought about booking another sailing at that point. HAD we known, I would have been able to convince hubby to book while on board for the extra bucks. Bummer...

The good news is NOW we do have a future sailing scheduled, and after all, THAT is the important part. :D

Erika

It's always good to have one of two WNDL at home for future use.........especially since you can combine two benefits once again.:)

Archived