St Maarten Bernard Tours

mitsugirly

We ate at Maho and it was perfect because we didn't want to go into the beach (already been 2hrs at Orient), and nothing else to do while watching the planes. We just had some burgers and hotdogs. It was around 2:00 so it might be too late for your kids, although maybe you can give them another snack around 12:00 so they can make it til 2:00.

Otherwise, you can eat at Orient, to me the downside of that is it takes time away from beach time, or in Marigot, but you only have half an hour so you would not be able to walk around.

Thanks Dalitos, will keep your suggestions in mind.

We're booked in a group tour for December. $35 PP (kids are the same price). Looking at the itinerary posted by some fellow cruisers who have already gone on the tour, when/where do you suggest we feed our kids (age 4 and 6). The usually eat around noonish. They would have had a light snack around 10ish. I don't to wait too long to feed them lunch. They will be hot and cranky by then. When, where and what to eat?

Thanks.

Carry some cereal boxes from the ship and/or some other type of individually wrapped snacks with you. I have hypoglycemia and that's what I always do. Food stops don't always coincide with my blood sugar levels.

But the private tours are really expensive from what I've been reading...$300 and up :eek: ??

Don't forget that you can always book Bernard, figure out exactly what you want to do and then try to get people from your Meet & Mingle to go in on it with you, or your tablemates, etc. That way you have a custom itinerary at the same cost as a standard tour.

Don't forget that you can always book Bernard, figure out exactly what you want to do and then try to get people from your Meet & Mingle to go in on it with you, or your tablemates, etc. That way you have a custom itinerary at the same cost as a standard tour.

From Bernard's Website:

Q. Can you accommodate 'Walk-Up' customers, or must all reservations be made in advance?

A. Unfortunately, we can no longer accept 'Walk-Up' clients, as the Island Government requires that we show a reservation before picking up our guests at the cruise terminal.

gary

Anyone know how long you get to stay at Maho Bch. for? He's got 2 hours for Orient Bch.

They were there around a half an hour the afternoon I talked with him. Right at prime landing time for the big jets, around 1:30-2:00pm.

Anyone know how long you get to stay at Maho Bch. for? He's got 2 hours for Orient Bch.

From what I've heard/read, it's about 45 min. He does know when the big planes are suppose to come in (if there are any that day), and he times the trip according to that...is what I'm told.

However, just because of that reason (only 45 min), this is the ONLY thing that is holding me back from booking with him. Even if I'm there during the time the big planes come in, I just feel that I want to be there longer than 45 min to relax, get something to eat at the bar next door, and so on. So I think I'll be doing this trip on my own.

HI ,my name is Randy, my wife and three other couples took that tour with Barnard tours and loved it. Sugar is the one you want to take you on the tour if you go, he's the taller guy on the web site and he told us that we could stay as long as we liked at any of the stops. We paid 35 dollors apiece and we didn't pay him till the end of our tour(we paided cash) and each one of us gave him a ten dollor tip,it was well worth it.He told us a lot about the iland and was real friendly to us,plus when we were getting a little dry, he opened up his little ice cooler in our a/c van(real nice van) and gave us soda/beer/and a pre-mixed drink that was out of this world( thats what my brother said after about 3 cups of it) so!!!! I just booked them again for March 12,2011 were going to be there on our next cruise with Carnival Victory. If you want to know more just ask and ill be happy to help. Randy

Well that makes me feel good...I just booked this tour today for July 20th...It was hard to decide because other tours have excellent reviews as well...Now was the tour as it's stated on the website; First 2 hours sightseeing does this include the visit to maho beach to see the planes? Next you head to Orient Beach for 2 hours, is there a place to change? Then there's shopping, You can head back on your own so the tour would end when you got dropped off?

Any recommendations for St. Thomas tours???

HI ,my name is Randy, my wife and three other couples took that tour with Barnard tours and loved it. Sugar is the one you want to take you on the tour if you go, he's the taller guy on the web site and he told us that we could stay as long as we liked at any of the stops. We paid 35 dollors apiece and we didn't pay him till the end of our tour(we paided cash) and each one of us gave him a ten dollor tip,it was well worth it.He told us a lot about the iland and was real friendly to us,plus when we were getting a little dry, he opened up his little ice cooler in our a/c van(real nice van) and gave us soda/beer/and a pre-mixed drink that was out of this world( thats what my brother said after about 3 cups of it) so!!!! I just booked them again for March 12,2011 were going to be there on our next cruise with Carnival Victory. If you want to know more just ask and ill be happy to help. Randy

FYI everyone that has been on any of Bernards tours has came back and stated THEY had the best driver and you need to go with ________. So obviously he is running an A plus tour and all of his drivers are A plus because everyone seems to love the person they get no matter who it is. So that's a good thing.

I thought about going with him for the simple fact of all the free drinks you could want (and of course the wonderful service everyone raves about).

I would book in a heartbeat...if I just knew he would spend more time at Maho :( You said that he let you stay longer if you want, but of course that would have to be everyone on the tour would have to agree to that...so I'm not sure how that would work.

Just returned from cruise and tour with Bernard... $35 gets you a great tour of the island. Of all the islands that week on our cruise, we loved St. Martin the best. Maho Beach and Orient Beach are absolutely gorgeous. That turquoise blue water takes your breath away...not the mention the planes flying over your head at Maho beach! We would have love more time shopping, but will be sure to go back to St. Martin again. Bernard tours is awesome!

Just returned from cruise and tour with Bernard... $35 gets you a great tour of the island. Of all the islands that week on our cruise, we loved St. Martin the best. Maho Beach and Orient Beach are absolutely gorgeous. That turquoise blue water takes your breath away...not the mention the planes flying over your head at Maho beach! We would have love more time shopping, but will be sure to go back to St. Martin again. Bernard tours is awesome!

How long did you stay in Maho?

I have left an email to him at his yahoo email a few days ago to make reservations for 7/31 stop, but no reply. Is this the email to use? I tried the other email on his site but got a response to book with shoreadventures.com for $44pp. How did everyone else book?

I have left an email to him at his yahoo email a few days ago to make reservations for 7/31 stop, but no reply. Is this the email to use? I tried the other email on his site but got a response to book with shoreadventures.com for $44pp. How did everyone else book?

There's a reservation request booking form on his website.

gary

Will be posting a trip report, but a quick update for this thread. We booked a private tour through Bernard and all I can say is it was fabulous! Of the 5 cruises and countless shore excursions we have done through the past few years, this is by far the best!

I will say private is great, as you call all the shots. Our driver took us to a quiet area to shell hunt. While there we saw an octopus, collected tons of shells, saw lots of crabs, a Sea Urchin, snails, fish. It was great and we were the only group there for 20 minutes.

Then our driver took us to a private beach area. I have no clue what it was called, it was so far off the beaten path, I thought for sure i was going bash my head on the ceiling (never seen a road quite so bumpy!!). But the result was amazing. There were maybe 15 people, and one shack looking place to eat. The rest of clear water, no waves, and fish that swam right through our legs in the water. there was no rock or shells, so you could walk out in the water without shoes. For kids, it was great area, as it was very calm and quiet!

We did some shopping and lunch, took in the planes, toured the island (driver let us stop often for some great photo ops!).

We had 10 people (3 kids, 7 adults). The tour was great, all the beverages you could want - so no chance of getting parched, and we saw the island in a way few get to see it.

I spoke to a few who took his public tour and they were also very happy about the result!

Have fun to all!

Sugar just got back to me and were all set for our tour with Barnards tours.WE booked for March 12th of 2011,believe be it's never to early for booking with barnard.We booked with him 3 years ago and loved it.Can't wait to go!!!

Happy Cruising

Our experience with Bernard Tours were very good last Christmas. We had Slim as our tour guide he was A-1. About Mahoo Beach we spent about an hour there it was very interesting. Planes hovering over you and the beach area, boy the waves were huge that particular day. Also a a nice little snack bar to fill you up. Going back to our guide Slim what a hoot. Drinks well lets say must of us on tour were feeling very good.

FYI everyone that has been on any of Bernards tours has came back and stated THEY had the best driver and you need to go with ________. So obviously he is running an A plus tour and all of his drivers are A plus because everyone seems to love the person they get no matter who it is. So that's a good thing.

I thought about going with him for the simple fact of all the free drinks you could want (and of course the wonderful service everyone raves about).

I would book in a heartbeat...if I just knew he would spend more time at Maho :( You said that he let you stay longer if you want, but of course that would have to be everyone on the tour would have to agree to that...so I'm not sure how that would work.

I wouldn't let that hold you back. It looks like from the pictures I see people don't get too comfy on that beach. Bernard has probably learned from experience that's more than enough time at Maho.

Gary, I have decided to book a tour with Joyce Prince. Can you tell me a little more about her? I believe I seen you recommended her on another thread.

Thank you,

Julie

Gary, I have decided to book a tour with Joyce Prince. Can you tell me a little more about her? I believe I seen you recommended her on another thread.

I think that you can't go wrong with Joyce. I think her website describes her service quite well.

I don't want to hijack this Bernard thread, so if you have specific questions about Joyce why not start a new thread?

gary

p.s. You can also e-mail me, address is in my profile.

Archived