St Maarten Bernard Tours

mitsugirly

Why is it I can't find a clickable link to email him on that site?

This is like the info, but not really a web page: http://www.bernardstours.com/interest.htm Which what everyone posted.

If I go to the main page: http://www.bernardstours.com/ I can't find anything other than the weather and pictures.

How is everyone contacting him?

Oh, I'm not saying that's not a good rate. That is excellent...if you have that many people. However, it's just my husband and I. So, not worth it. :(

Ask others on your Roll Call for your sail date if they would split a private tour... I just got a couple from my thread to split one...... Ed:D

I believe most have decided to do other things. If I had my choice, I would probably just do Orient in the morning and Maho after noon, then back to the ship or a short shopping stop. But I believe they are going on excursions.

is there enough time to rent jet skis at one of the beaches?

Yes and our SIL did this last week @ $60 for a half hour for a double jet ski. My grandson had a blast but bounced up and down as dad hit the surf!

We did the regular tour @ $35 per person Circle around the Island; Princess doesn't arrive until 10AM, so he starts the tour after 10:30AM. People can still book with him at the yellow terminal building.

Our tour went towards Oyster Bay with the first stop for 1 1/2 hours at Orient Beach. Because we had an 11 yr. old with us, we requested a "not so nude" beach, which he did take us and several other couples to. Topless is on all beaches Dutch or French side, per JR.

We then headed to Marigot for only 1/2 hour; not enough time to do much there. We walked to Sarafina's bakery as it was lunch time and the grandson was getting hungry. Pastry and soda were a nice treat.

Our Bus broke down (which was discovered at Marigot). JR had called for a back-up bus which arrived within 5 minutes. We were able to sit in the airconditioned bus as it was running. It was a little late getting to Maho but we saw one large Delta plane and a few small planes land. Ty had ribs at the Sunshine bar but had to eat them quickly.

Most folks got off the bus to walk down Front St. to downtown. This is where we paid for the tour. John came by with the Credit Card machine for those who preferred using a CC. Folks could either walk back to the ship or take a water or regular taxi; $3 per person for either method of transportation. It was very warm and walking although possible, would be very tiring and hot.

He did offer unlimited Beer, Coke & Diet Coke, Water and Rum Punch. Watch out for the Rum Punch! Wow, it packs a punch. He made sure the 2 coolers were transferred to the new bus. He joked we had to finish all the beverages!

We really enjoyed the variety of the Island tour. It was well worth the $35pp. We did rent 4 chairs and 2 umbrellas at Orient Bay. It might have been $20 per couple but I really don't recall. It wasn't any more than that.

I have made a reservation for a private tour in July with Bernard. I thought he told me he was going to charge my credit card a $50 deposit and pay for the rest of the group on the day of arrival. I made a reservation and received a confirmation back from him but to date (over a week) he has not charged my card. Is this just a hold for a no-show or for those of you whom have done the private tour, is this how it was done?

Oh, I'm not saying that's not a good rate. That is excellent...if you have that many people. However, it's just my husband and I. So, not worth it. :(

I'm going solo and when I emailed him, he advised that he'd put me with a group. So if you're interested, book the tour and he'll take care of you.

Bernard thru his website...after reading all the reviews, looks like the best option for a newbie. Will be getting there on 8/19 on the Freedom of the Seas. The only concern is I have a 14yr old boy and the nude beaches scare me.

Lou

Bernard thru his website...after reading all the reviews, looks like the best option for a newbie. Will be getting there on 8/19 on the Freedom of the Seas. The only concern is I have a 14yr old boy and the nude beaches scare me.

Lou

One end of Orient Beach is total nude optional. The rest of the beaches all over the island are European style from all I have read on here. You will see some topless probably no matter what beach you choose.

We booked a private tour with Bernard next week (we are on the Dream). Any other ideas on must do's on the private tour? We have 3 kids with us *2 seven year olds and a 2 year old!

Thanks!!! Will post review when we return.

We are thinking of doing a private tour also. How much is he charging? How many people are you doing it?

Would appreciate any info. Thanks, jeanne:)

You have to email him with details and he will give you a price. I've heard everyone is different.

We are thinking of doing a private tour also. How much is he charging? How many people are you doing it?

Would appreciate any info. Thanks, jeanne:)

We are a group of 8 and we have set up a private tour with Bernard in November. He is charging us $400 total so that's $50 each. I doubt if I could beat that.

Cheers, Kenn

We are a group of 8 and we have set up a private tour with Bernard in November. He is charging us $400 total so that's $50 each. I doubt if I could beat that.

Cheers, Kenn

Hi Kenn- im on the same Ruby Cruise as you and have seen you in our roll call- what kind of private tour are you doing? i was thinking of trying to get some fellow roll callers to see if they wanted to do that with us two-. We want to go to the Butterfly farm, then Le gallion, then Orient and then Phillipsburg-- right now we are gonna taxi/ water taxi it.

Hi Kenn- im on the same Ruby Cruise as you and have seen you in our roll call- what kind of private tour are you doing? i was thinking of trying to get some fellow roll callers to see if they wanted to do that with us two-. We want to go to the Butterfly farm, then Le gallion, then Orient and then Phillipsburg-- right now we are gonna taxi/ water taxi it.

Good morning, gosh I would need to look up the email that my wife and Bernard sent. hehe she does all the planning now that she is retired. I believe he gave us an encompassing itinerary like the one you mention. Then said we could taylor to our needs. One thing we added that we didn't want to miss was Maho Beach when the big jets come in!! Looking forward to meeting everyone at the M&M!! Counting the days woo hoo

Cheers, Kenn

We're booked in a group tour for December. $35 PP (kids are the same price). Looking at the itinerary posted by some fellow cruisers who have already gone on the tour, when/where do you suggest we feed our kids (age 4 and 6). The usually eat around noonish. They would have had a light snack around 10ish. I don't to wait too long to feed them lunch. They will be hot and cranky by then. When, where and what to eat?

Thanks.

We're booked in a group tour for December. $35 PP (kids are the same price). Looking at the itinerary posted by some fellow cruisers who have already gone on the tour, when/where do you suggest we feed our kids (age 4 and 6). The usually eat around noonish. They would have had a light snack around 10ish. I don't to wait too long to feed them lunch. They will be hot and cranky by then. When, where and what to eat?

Thanks.

We ate at Maho and it was perfect because we didn't want to go into the beach (already been 2hrs at Orient), and nothing else to do while watching the planes. We just had some burgers and hotdogs. It was around 2:00 so it might be too late for your kids, although maybe you can give them another snack around 12:00 so they can make it til 2:00.

Otherwise, you can eat at Orient, to me the downside of that is it takes time away from beach time, or in Marigot, but you only have half an hour so you would not be able to walk around.

I went to Bernards website and filled out the information form. I hope he emails be back soon. How and when do we pay? I am so excited, because the reviews on this website are the best. I am so glad that someone pointed out that Adventure Tours is not Bernards. Funny when I searched Bernards Tours that one popped up and they say they are Bernards. Tricky.:cool:

Archived