Dream breakfast question

osucruise

If you want to go to the buffett and bring breakfast to your room and eat on balcony (cove) is that possible? and is it pretty easy? Also thinking the same for like late nite pizza. Not sure if food can be brought out of dining areas or not.

If you want to go to the buffett and bring breakfast to your room and eat on balcony (cove) is that possible? and is it pretty easy? Also thinking the same for like late nite pizza. Not sure if food can be brought out of dining areas or not.

No problem with buffet, pizza, mongolian, burrito bar type items you can make up a plate and bring it back to your room no problem.

Awesome news thanks! I just did not want for each wife and I to both have go if need be. If just one of us can with the tray that is even better....and if odd number of days for breakfast maybe she can go one more while i sleep in.:) probably come down to a paper scissor rock game for final day.

Thanks again!

Why not order coffee and toast for your balcony..and then go up to the Lido for the real meal? Or the MDR breakfast? I ordered coffee for two every day of our Dream cruise except the last day. It came promptly. I tipped $3 each day...and it was the highpoint of my day. To sit there..watch some news..or catch up on the schedule..or watch some of the night's entertainment or shopping talks..LOVED IT. MY DH..sat on the balcony..then I dressed...and we usually went to the MDR. Some mornings I ordered toast..with jelly.( port days). The MDR had really good grits..not too thin..not too thick. We are southern. We love grits. It was nice not having to stand in line..although we did eat breakfast there two day...no line or very small ones. They have a lot of omelet stations..Hoo Ray! Frankly..we have been on a lot of ships..and all have their wonderful points..but the food..on Carnival..to me...is about the best.

Awesome news thanks! I just did not want for each wife and I to both have go if need be. If just one of us can with the tray that is even better....and if odd number of days for breakfast maybe she can go one more while i sleep in.:) probably come down to a paper scissor rock game for final day.

Thanks again!

My hubby and I got off the Valor a few weeks ago and there were no trays anywhere on the Lido deck that we saw. It was *fun* trying to juggle all those bowls and plates and fruit and milk containers....

Not sure if it's just the Valor, or if it's systemwide.

coasterjan

My hubby and I got off the Valor a few weeks ago and there were no trays anywhere on the Lido deck that we saw. It was *fun* trying to juggle all those bowls and plates and fruit and milk containers....

Not sure if it's just the Valor, or if it's systemwide.

coasterjan

Wha...?!? Dang, you must have caught it right at buffet closing (between meals) or something. :eek: On the Dream 2 weeks ago, all the lines began with a stack of trays, a pile of rolled silverware, then plates.

BTW - You must be more coordinated than I. Without a tray, my food would never have made it to the nearest table, much less back to my room! LOL!

I did this ALOT during my last cruise on the Valor. My husband likes to sleep in and my body is programmed to not... It is what makes the balcony so worth the extra $ for me! Just left my tray on the inside table and the room steward took it away before we came back to our room.

osucruise - I wasn't sure if you saw my post on our roll call, but if you are still interested in sharing a fishing charter, let me know! dmcmanus64@embarqmail.com.

Yes you can.

I also suggest using extra plates. Put them over your plate with the food on them like a cover. I do this even if I'm staying in the buffet area. Sometimes lines at the omlette stations are so long the other stuff you get is cold by the time you get to sit down. I get weird looks but I absolutely cannot eat food that's not hot.

-Bill

Why not order coffee, juice etc. from room service. Make sure you have forks and knives etc. in the room already. Could pick up the day before and whoever goes to get the meal just has to carry the plates of hot stuff. We planned on doing this, but it just never happened.

Archived