When do the gyms get crowded??

kaf7878

I tend to use the gyms while cruising as does the DW. We find that the gyms have a good amount of people working out in the mornings. We tend to go around 7-8am and find people already there, similar to landbased gyms. But not so crowded that you cannot find a machine..

HTH!

We we on the Fantasy in early January, and the weather was so cold and windy, they closed the walking/running track the last part of the cruise. Then we went to the gym in the early mornings, like between 6 and 7. There were a lot of machines available at that time.

The other busy time seems to be around 4 pm. Don't know why. But I've had to wait for treadmills during that time.

Early afternoon is a great time. Hardly anyone in there.

I skip the treadmill on port days since I usually do alot of walking in port.

Never seen a gym on land or sea so I haven't a clue. Don't waste your time at the gym. Go out and have some fun.

Social factors can come into play with some people. They can feel exposed trying to exercise in gyms and other public areas. Feelings of self consciousness can make them think of exercise as something negative.

We usually hit breakfast for just a quick snack (fruit, juice, bagel, etc.) then go to the gym, then back for a full breakfast, it has never been crowded.

I hope not to offend anyone, but seriously take a look at the majority of other passengers.......working out is probably the last thing on their list, especially on a cruise.

Are they packed early in the AM? What about in the AM on port days (like before we get in to port)?

I usually go around 9:00 a.m. and I've never had a problem getting on the treadmill (my exercise of choice). But it depends on which ship you are on and how many exercise equipment is available. I stick mainly to walking, never take the stairs, and just keep moving. Best exercise ever.

Are they packed early in the AM? What about in the AM on port days (like before we get in to port)?

I just returned from the Victory yesterday and found the gym to be packed as early as 6am before the ship arrives at port so I just simply changed my gym time until after we returned from our excursions before dinner and although it was still fairly crowded, you could at least get a treadmill or eliptical trainer for some cardio.

Good luck and happy cruising!!!;)

Gyms get packed by 7:30 AM. And are busy again right before dinner service. Sort of like your gyms on land...before work or after work.

Smaller ships with less room get more crowded than larger ships. For some strange reason it seems if there is a Japanesse tour group on board, you'll have a hard time grabbing a treadmill between 6AM and 8AM, as the women flock to these and line up. :confused: Guess they love these things.

Also, if there is a way to get into the gym area before 6AM,I'll almost guarantee 1/2 the treadmills will be in use for at least 15 minutes at 6:05AM:rolleyes:

Archived