Is there an area on the pool deck where I can put a blow up pool?

Since a baby isn't allowed in a pool and there is no baby splash area, is there an area of the pool deck on the Jewel where I can put a small blow-up pool and have a 10-month use it? Is there space between the lounge chairs to fit it? We will have a ten-year old with us and even though he will go to the kids' clubs, he likes to have his time in the pool. We just want to keep the 10-month occupied and cool too. He's an active baby was we want to keep him entertained also, not just cooped up in a stroller.

Do parents with infants leave their strollers on the pool deck near their lounge chairs? Is there room for a stroller?

Is there an area near the kids pool for something like this? Has anyone been on the Jewel recently and see a person do this for an infant? Thanks.

Lets just say your baby has a bowel movement in the pool. Where or what can be done with the contaminated water.

I am sure you could find a drain somewhere. Same place all the other thousands upon thousands of bowel movements end up.

Since a baby isn't allowed in a pool and there is no baby splash area, is there an area of the pool deck on the Jewel where I can put a small blow-up pool and have a 10-month use it? Is there space between the lounge chairs to fit it? We will have a ten-year old with us and even though he will go to the kids' clubs, he likes to have his time in the pool. We just want to keep the 10-month occupied and cool too. He's an active baby was we want to keep him entertained also, not just cooped up in a stroller.

Do parents with infants leave their strollers on the pool deck near their lounge chairs? Is there room for a stroller?

Is there an area near the kids pool for something like this? Has anyone been on the Jewel recently and see a person do this for an infant? Thanks.

Most people with a small baby leave them in the nursery and do not annoy the other adults on the ship.

You must have heard of pool diapers!

That's the whole point, children in swim diapers/children who are not potty trained are not allowed in the ships pools. Swim diapers still let water in and therefore also let the contaminated water back out which is a health hazard.

Although the baby can certainly use a swim diaper in the small inflatable pool that the OP wants to bring along.

Poolm diapers are not allowed as they do not contain the poo.;)

The person who suggested the blow up pool was probably thinking you would use it in the bathroom as an alternative bath for the baby.

As for putting baby into nursery to keep the adults on board happy - I think that suggestion sounds like it came from someone very childish!!:rolleyes:

Just off the Jewel and did see someone on the main pool deck with a small baby pool, it was very small (about the size of a baby bath tub. Baby was having a ball! There wasn't too much water in it that if the baby did have an accident it could have easily been carried to the bathroom to be poured down the drain. Basicaly only had about 1 inch of water.

Don't let the rude responses get you down, this is totally doable (just saw it myself).

Soyou set up the little pool. Now you need water...where to get it??

The pools are salt water.

I suggest bringing a small bucket ( trying to move an inflatable pool with water in it would seem to be a problem) and using the fresh water showers near the pools as your source of water.

When it is time to dump the pools water, the drains in the shower should be fine. Grey water (like the shower drains) ends up just going overboard without much (if any) treatment, but it is a big ocean.

Maybe pick a spot in the shade to keep the child from getting sunburned...even put the small pool on top of a table???

Oh boy...now I'm going to get it!!

Grey water (like the shower drains) ends up just going overboard without much (if any) treatment, but it is a big ocean.

Not true. Just was on the Pearl and the environmental officer went through a 20 minute dissertation on how the water was treated and cleaned completely before any was discharged into the ocean. :)

Why not just a pail of water to splash in and bubbles or a few water toys. Cooling off in the outdoor shower would also be an option. Put a pool towel down on the floor wet and let the child play there. Don't even think of using a table for the pool...I can only imagine the reaction to that!

There are always blow up baby pools on every cruise I have been on (except for Alaska.) You will be fine, take one for sure. When mine were little, it served double duty for the bath too. Some cabins only have showers so we could put the tub there and do a bath.

You WILL see others and there is plenty of room on deck but you might have a hard time finding a shady spot. For shade, they sell pop up baby tents and when you put the pool on top of it, it stops it from blowing away and then you can pick any spot that is free instead of hunting for a shady spot. Like this but target and kmart are much cheaper: http://www.babyearth.com/kel-gar-kids-sun-dome.html

Or just get a pool that has a shade cover like this: http://www.amazon.com/Mushroom-Baby-Pool-40-X35/dp/B000L5PKVI/ref=pd_sbs_t_7

It won't be so great for real bathing in the cabin though and we found that the smaller the pool, the less chance of having the baby fall over into the pool. Really the blow up TUBS are the best. The tiny ones only let them fall onto the blow up sides, not into the water. This is like the one we had and we used it for all our travel for a few years. I didn't want to put the babies in any hotel tub! And it was nice to take to the beach too http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Kirby-Inflatable-Tub/dp/B001MTELJY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1277611010&sr=8-4

Also, if there are plenty of chairs, I've seen people just put a towel over two chairs pulled apart to make a shady spot.

There are usually some other baby pools by the kids pool because that is where the older siblings are swiming watched by the parents but on some ships there are NO chairs there at all. Feel free to drag chairs where you need them or ask for help and unless you are blocking a walkway or something else, no one minds. Plus, the babies love to watch the other kids.

Put your baby in a swim diaper in his own little pool and if he goes, you won't have a mess to clean and it is fine to pour the water down the drain.

Use caution and common sense. Don't put it on a table! Don't spill it off of your balcony onto the people below you.

Have fun and take lots of pictures!

Most people with a small baby leave them in the nursery and do not annoy the other adults on the ship.

Judging by his other posts, this person seems to be of the very angry and immature "childfree" sort. Ignore him :) Most people will love to see your baby happily splashing.

Would rather be next to a fussy 10 month old than any "adult" with such a high sense of entitlement as you. And I don't even have children.

On our cruise this past fall my then 13 month old obviously could not go into the pool, she was still young enough that she really didn't know what she was missing and when we did think she needed to cool down we took her into the shower to cool off and then she sat poolside again and played with toys.

We are going on the Jewel in August with our 1 year old DD. We got an inflatable duck tub for both bathing and out on the pool deck. This was recommended by some of the people on the Family boards. Hopefully it will work out!

http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-White-Hot-Inflatable-Duck/dp/B000066665/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1277937970&sr=8-1

Judging by his other posts, this person seems to be of the very angry and immature "childfree" sort. Ignore him :) Most people will love to see your baby happily splashing.

Most but not all.

Infants belong in their cribs at home.

It's not the kids...it's the parents that are annoying.;)

This post makes me so excited to have a baby and be able to go cruising as a family! Will be a whole new experience! Hope you have a great cruise, sounds like some wonderful suggestions here.

There is no nursery for babies. I hope my 18 month old runs into you one day on a ship. Obviously you just want to be left alone and have a nice drink without children. Won't happen on NCL, NCL is a family oriented cruiseline... why don't you try Holland America.

Archived