On Board booking questions ??

zoncom

Looking at booking several X cruises. Pulled out an Itinerary Overview from ship which I had not previously looked at. Front cover lists generous OBCs. Everytime in the past when I asked for quotes while on ship they were even or more than rack rates in their catalogues. Anyone out there clue me in on recent experiences with this?? Lois? Thanks.

Check the Celebrity website just before booking on board. You can do it free on the computers on the ship. We did that, and when the price we were quoted was considerably more than the one we had found, our price was matched and we still got the two category upgrade and on board credit. We thought we had a very good deal, and since then the price on the Celebrity site has gone up over $1000 for the two of us.

Hi Sandi,:) I put a deposit down for 2 cruises while I was on SUMMIT

last month.:) I only needed to put 100.00 down on each. One is an

8 night sailing, the other is for 9 nights. Normally, that would be

250 bucks...so you do save a bit by booking on board. Also, you

get an OBC for the new sailing.:)

Thanks for the info. Lois; sounds like a good deal. We had to put down $1,000 on the Summit as it was a suite and they require 200% deposit. Better save a litle $$ for my future cruise deposits.

We booked on board the Summit last month for a 14 night Panama Canal cruise and put down $100/person. I just transferred the booking to a T/A for a nice OBC. The rate on board was exactly what I found just before embarkation on Celebrity's website plus the 2 category upgrade and a $300 OBC from Celebrity (for 14 nights or longer).

Please note this $100/person deposit does not apply to suites! I'm not certain exactly what this means but the wording on the quote form I have reads "A minimal deposit of $100 per person is required to secure your reservation (except for the Suites which is FULL DOUBLE Deposits and depends upon the duration of the cruise)." (Bold and capitalization from Celebrity.)

On board booking credits are as follows:

3-5 night: $50

6-9 night: $100

10-13 night: $200

14+ nights: $300

Archived