Favorite Menu Items!

I love cruising and am headed to Alaska in 9 short days. I have cruised on many cruise lines, but haven't been on RCI for a few years. I was trying to remember some of my favorite menu items and was wondering what you folks have found that should-not-be-missed! While I'm sitting at work I want to dream of the deliciousness ahead of me!

Last time I cruised Royal there was an appetizer (I don't think it was an entree) that was a mediterranean quesadilla. I know it sounds ridiculous that I would put a simple quesadilla up on my "favorite menu items" list. But the veggies (eggplant, zucchini, peppers, etc.) were roasted in olive oil and garlic and combined with some sort of goat cheese. It was SOOOO amazing! If it is still on the menu. I give it 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up!

Another thing I loved on my last RCI cruise was eating pizza at midnight in their little pizzeria/cafe area that was open late. It was perfect after spending some time at the shows/karaoke/etc.

oooo! The cold fruit soups! Nothing like eating something like a melted milkshake with a spoon and calling it your soup course! MMM! I had one once on NCL that was made from churrimoya...AMAZING!

For me it would be easier to list my not so favourite but here's my few read them then get back to work lol

Vidalia Onion Tart

Shrimp Ravioli

Apple-rhubarb crumble Pie

Asparagus & brie Tart

Pineapple & coconut cake

Vegetable Quesadilla

Scallop Risotto

Tiramisu

Key Lime Pie

Blueberry & peach Cobber

Truffled wild mushrooms alfredo

BBB- Banana& Baileys Brulee - I liked all the brulees

Beef & veal tortallacci

Chickpea curry& rice

My favourite soup was creamed asparagus but I liked most

Banana & nut parafit

Oh my list could go on & on but you have work to do young lady- dream on

Di

We just got back from Serenade of the Seas a couple weeks ago and these are the menu items that my family especially liked: Shrimp Ravioli, Chicken Marsala (melted in my mouth!), Beef & Veal Tortellaci, jalapeno potato soup, cream of asparagus soup, Thai BBQ chicken breasts, and the prime rib. All in all, we found the food to be really good. For those who say it's gone downhill, I would love to have had it in its prime! We were planning to go to one of the specialty restaurants and never made it because there was always something that interested us in the dining room. Maybe next time....

Vidalia onion tart, prime rib, escargot, new york steak, any menu item from Portofino or Chops!!!

I looked forward for over 2 years to eating the Honey Stung Chicken in the Windjammer that is only served on embarkation day. It was dry and tasteless like it had been sitting in the warmers way too long. (We were among the first on the Mariner that day so that assessment might not be wrong. Quick turnover of food is key to keeping things tasty in a buffet).

The pizza on RCI was not very good.

We ate in the MDR five nights on our 7 night cruise and each night was great. We picked two nights where the menu wasn't appealing to us to go to Chops and Portofino. I recommend both!

Enjoy, it's all good!

The chilled Strawberry Soup, and the Vidalia Onion Tart are very much my favorites. And the Coconut cookies in the Windjammer (with oatmeal a close second).

Enjoy your cruise- I'm getting hungry thinking of the menu, you'll love it!

For appetizers I'm a big fan of the vidalia onion tart, escargot, & the scallop risotto.

For mains, I always get the prime rib and the lobster. I also really liked the asparagus & brie tart on the last cruise.

As for dessert, I'd have to go with the tiramisu and the chocolate brownie sandwich.

Hi,

If you're on Radiance please can you check the room service menu for me for chicken drumettes..... apparently they are no longer there. Would also love a post cruise review as we are heading out to AK at the end of the month.

Another vote for the onion tart in the MDR and tiramisu in Portofino's which are on my long list of favourites. To be honest I really like most of the food served on board and would be hard pressed to say something I don't like!

Oh yes! The onion tart! I've had it and it was delightful! I am going with my youngest sister who is not at all adventureous in her cullinary tastes and I have already got her pumped to try escargot and have promised her if she tries it she can choose something for me to try! HA HA (as if I wouldn't try it anyway).

I'm reminded how much I like the Chocolate Molten Cake on Carnival, but you have to make sure you order it with two sides of vanilla ice cream. The cake to ice cream ratio is VERY important!

Archived