Does Amsterdam have a jogging track?

PlanoDebbie

We will be on the Amsterdam next week. My husband is an avid runner. We've looked through all of the deck plans and don't seem to find a jogging track at all. Since he gets up very early in the morning to run, I suggested he use the Lower Promenade deck since he'd be protected from any rain. I also figured it wouldn't be too crowded out there at 6 AM. He's not a treadmill person.

thanks,

I don't think you are supposed to run on the Promenade. Perhaps on the deck above the Lido might be okey. Have you tried the eliptical gliders. I think they might have some in the gym area.

I have heard that the Promanade Deck is the place to run on the HAL ships. I am hoping that is true!:)
NOT on the R or S-class ships, as there as cabins underneath. :eek: (Rotterdam is R-class) There are big red signs that say so ... but some people can't read. If you don't want to do treadmills, go up to the Sports Deck, and jog U-turns around the Lido pool roof.

2275033970099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

NOT on the R or S-class ships, as there as cabins underneath. :eek: (Rotterdam is R-class) There are big red signs that say so ... but some people can't read.

2275033970099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

Oh no!:eek:

This will present quit a challange!:o

Is it ok to power-walk on the Promanade Deck?

Is it ok to power-walk on the Promanade Deck?
Yes, if you don't thump too hard with your heels! :p I edited my previous post to add this:

If you don't want to do treadmills, go up to the Sports Deck, and jog U-turns around the Lido pool roof.

How many laps make a mile on the jogging track? I was on a Princess ship and it was a 16:1 ratio. It killed my knees!
If you're walking the Promenade on the R-class it's 3 laps to the mile ... 1760 ft around. On the Sports deck you can't go all the way around, but have to make u-turns at the basketball and tennis courts. Measuring with a pair of dividers I deduce that one lap from court to court is about 550 feet, so it will be 9.5 times per mile. :)

We will be on the Amsterdam next week. My husband is an avid runner. We've looked through all of the deck plans and don't seem to find a jogging track at all. Since he gets up very early in the morning to run, I suggested he use the Lower Promenade deck since he'd be protected from any rain. I also figured it wouldn't be too crowded out there at 6 AM. He's not a treadmill person.

thanks,

No avid runner is bothered by the rain.:)

On HAL many seasoned citizens enjoy their morning walk around the LP. Mixing joggers and seniors on a narrow deck invites injury. Wait till the ship docks and hubby can enjoy a nice run off the ship.

Rich

4 a.m. to 6 a.m. is when these little men in orange jumpsuits appear with large hoses to clean off the decks on lido aft and the walkways on the promenade. It can be quite slippery. By 7 a.m. these little men disappear into the holds of the ship not to be seen by passengers until the next a.m.:( Where do they go??

thanks,

It is located on the Sports Deck.

However there is no running until 8 AM. People in the cabins a couple of decks below can hear the runners.

thanks,

I looked at the itinerary for your cruise. I have gone for hour long or longer runs in Ketchikan and Skagway. Both safe and scenic! I have not been to Sitka, but I would imagine you would have similar good land based running opportunities there.

Please, please, please don't jog on the promenade deck. The people in the cabins underneath can hear you and it's horrible. You lie there in bed hearing the jogger coming and then clunk clunk over you and then going away!

that's why we don't book cabins there anymore.

You leave in a week and it's just now you're wondering about this?

It's certainly not a deal-breaker, just looking for some good options for my hubby in case they don't have a jogging track. We're used to Carnival which does have a designated jogging track up on the Sports Deck. We assumed that every ship has a jogging track. Apparently not.

Thanks everyone for the great input! I guess he'll just need to be flexible. His marathon training has him up to about 8 miles a day right now, so he'll figure it out.

4 a.m. to 6 a.m. is when these little men in orange jumpsuits appear with large hoses to clean off the decks on lido aft and the walkways on the promenade. It can be quite slippery. By 7 a.m. these little men disappear into the holds of the ship not to be seen by passengers until the next a.m.:( Where do they go??

Since when have the "little men" started wearing "orange jumpsuits"?

You must have been having very vivid dreams recently!!!:)

Archived