Which cruise lines based on West Coast

grannyp

I would like to know what cruise lines are left on the West Coast? N.C.L. & R.C.I. are going to be based out of Florida soon. Since my husband cannot fly great distances, our two favorite lines are out of the question. Does anyone know which lines will be left for leaving from S.F. or San Diego, or L.A. for the Mex. Rivi.?

Carnival is sailing the Splendor and Paradise out of LB and the Spirit out of LA. Princess has the Golden Princess (Hawaii), Sapphire Princess (MR and Hawaii), Island and Coral (Panama Canal) out of LA. Holland may still be sailing from SD.

Are you asking about Cruise LINES, or Cruise SHIPS?

Carnival, NCL, Celebrity, and RCCL have always been based in Miami. Their ships are based all over the world.

Princess is based just north of LA. Their ships are based all over the world.

HAL is based in Seattle. Their ships are based all over the world.

I would like to know what cruise lines are left on the West Coast? N.C.L. & R.C.I. are going to be based out of Florida soon. Since my husband cannot fly great distances, our two favorite lines are out of the question. Does anyone know which lines will be left for leaving from S.F. or San Diego, or L.A. for the Mex. Rivi.?

Unless you want to do business with the head office, you shouldn't care where a line is based. This coming winter Carnival, Azamara and Holland America will be sailing from San Diego to the Mexican Riviera; Royal Caribbean, Crystal, Princess, Disney and Norwegian will be doing it from Los Angeles; and Carnival will have sailings from Long Beach. You have very many from which to choose.

NCL STAR* will be doing the MR still in February and March i think...we decided we need to sail our beloved STAR* once more to the MR before she ends up in Tampa:(

Exactly! We will be on the April sailing. Although our fav. cruise was on the Sun for 10 days out of S.F.

Are you asking about Cruise LINES, or Cruise SHIPS?

Carnival, NCL, Celebrity, and RCCL have always been based in Miami. Their ships are based all over the world.

Princess is based just north of LA. Their ships are based all over the world.

HAL is based in Seattle. Their ships are based all over the world.

I am asking which ships are SAILING from the West Coast. (And yes, I know Seattle, for Alaska).

Thanks for the replies, I now have Princess, Celebrity, and Carnival to check into.

Unless you want to do business with the head office, you shouldn't care where a line is based. This coming winter Carnival, Azamara and Holland America will be sailing from San Diego to the Mexican Riviera; Royal Caribbean, Crystal, Princess, Disney and Norwegian will be doing it from Los Angeles; and Carnival will have sailings from Long Beach. You have very many from which to choose.

I have been told that N.C.L. as well as Royal Caribbean are not going to be sailing from W.C. after this next year. I was wondering who else was changing their departure ports. We would really like to avoid the long plane trip to Florida. We already have to fly into Ca. My husband has arthritis and cannot fly long distances.

Thanks for the reply.

Holland America, Princess, Celebrity, Oceania, Crystal, Disney, Regent, Silversea & Cruise West will all have West Coast itineraries in 2011 or 2012. If you know what month you want to go and when did you want to sail check the web sites for the ports of Seattle, San Francisco, Long Beach and San Diego and you’ll get a list including cruise lines that don’t usually market to the US market.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCCL - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ‘09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Crystal – Serenity ‘09

Future Cruises

Oasis of the Seas - December 11, 2010

Archived