New Elite perks?

Norcal Cruiser

We are sailing on the Summit Sept.5th to Bermuda. Someone posted their schedule from last week and there were some perks I hadn't experienced before.Bridge tour was one but the helipad sailaway party on our day of departure from Bermuda I'm sure I hadn't seen before.Anyone else have any info?

I would not say that these perks are systemwide, or even the same from one cruise to the next. The Captain's Club hostess has some flexibility in offering on-board optional events. They may be arranged when the captain and/or officers are available and it doesn't interfere ship operations. So we shouldn't be thinking of them as anything but serendipitous.

Both of the things you mentioned are not Elite Perks.

I have been invited to tour the bridge as party of our Cruise Critic Group on some cruises, which had nothing to do with being an Elite Captain's Club member.

So it all depends on Captain's Club hostess, Event Coordinator, etc. if the sailing you are on will even offer any of those events.

Have a great cruise.

We were Select on the Summit last month, and we were invited to the helipad when we left Bermuda. The Captain's Club hostess said they couldn't have done it on the Equinox TA in April because there were so many elites on board - I think about 800!

Does it help to request tours from your butler or do you have to go to Guest Relations?

I'd go to the captain's club rep onboard. On our first cruise after becoming select we asked our butler about a bridge or galley tour--without batting an eye he said it was only possible for elites. I've learned since that we probably could've done the tour by speaking with the cc rep.

Just before the current CC perks were unveiled, one of the Select perks was a tour--this was dropped from the list of Select perks when the new program was rolled out.

Archived